Sign in to follow this  
rip31st

31st Normandy mod for ArmA2: WW2

Looks nice for map! Wish in the new release, could remove all those mordern houses and buildings and just put or keep the houses and other architecture and etc from that era.

We did.

Sorry for asking this question but when is the next update of this mod?

There are way to many pages to read and Im not sure if I should wait until u are finished or if I should download 0.99 version.

Sorry for asking this question but when is the next update of this mod?

There are way to many pages to read and Im not sure if I should wait until u are finished or if I should download 0.99 version.

Whenever I get done with the map which is very time consuming. Put together some missions with my team. Bug test the the mod privately online in multiplayer mode. Put together some new intro and menu screens, music. WIKI. Then I think at that point you will see a release.

Looks like you guys had a great time! thx for the video, I enjoyed it.

Hi Rip31st

In @31stWWA2 Normandy Mod I cant get WW2 Russian Armour to load,Keep getting Bad vehicle type rw_sovcrew2 message and was wondering if this is because ALL the WW2 Russian files seem to be in different sections of the Editor.

The WW2 russian armour appears in OPFOR>other>Russian armour

But the WW2 Soldiers\Infantry is in Independent>soviet union ww2>WW2(vil)

If I am not mistaken should'nt they be together like the US,UK WW2(vil) files.

I have also notised that the Soviet Union WW2 in the BLUFOR section is actually Modern Russian forces and not WW2 ?

I followed the install intructions exactly as described in Section 2

BUT perhaps I am doing something wrong.

Any help on this matter would be really appreciated.

Thanks mate

Keith

Dont use the pre-crewed vehicles... a lot of them still point to the original 31st normandy mod... and will CTD the game. Place an empty vehicle with crew right next to it... or use scripting to make them start in it or something.

Hi all

Some time has passed sins i posted here last.

But the time has not been wasted as you will notice, here are some news of the status of my part of it.

As you notice there are no us soldiers, but working on those.

rek3.jpg

rek2.jpg

rek4.jpg

rek14.jpg

russian

pz4

Stug crew

russian

us stuff

us stuff

russian crew

running

Close call

ss soldier

russian crew

us stuff

Another ss soldier

Edited by T_Roc

Hi all

Some time has passed sins i posted here last.

But the tims has not been wasted as you will notice, here are some news of the status of my part of it.

As you notice there are no us soldiers but working on those.

Very awesome! :yay:

---------- Post added at 01:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 PM ----------

Hi Rip31st

In @31stWWA2 Normandy Mod I cant get WW2 Russian Armour to load,Keep getting Bad vehicle type rw_sovcrew2 message and was wondering if this is because ALL the WW2 Russian files seem to be in different sections of the Editor.

The WW2 russian armour appears in OPFOR>other>Russian armour

But the WW2 Soldiers\Infantry is in Independent>soviet union ww2>WW2(vil)

If I am not mistaken should'nt they be together like the US,UK WW2(vil) files.

I have also notised that the Soviet Union WW2 in the BLUFOR section is actually Modern Russian forces and not WW2 ?

I followed the install intructions exactly as described in Section 2

BUT perhaps I am doing something wrong.

Any help on this matter would be really appreciated.

Thanks mate

Keith

Load tanks empty as they crash with undefined/invalid crews. The editor was not organized with the beta. Modern russian forces were included as a bonus...Agamoth did a fantastic job on them so we added them. There are russian ww2 vil forces.

Its a beta. enjoy. The search feature for this thread can answer a lot of your questions that have already been answered.

Edited by Rip31st

yeahhh thx Rip31st for the media update great pics cant wait for this:bounce3:...but the hand from the ss men on the mp40 is so vanilla ugly...i remember me it gives a handgrip addon for m4 rifles his mate has a handanimation included for handgrip weapons,maybe you are can use it

greetz stephsen

[quote=Rip31st;1746906

Load tanks empty as they crash with undefined/invalid crews. The editor was not organized with the beta. Modern russian forces were included as a bonus...Agamoth did a fantastic job on them so we added them. There are russian ww2 vil forces.

I did this last nite and found that my own side ends up shooting at me when I kill empty tanks manned by russian ww2 vil forces. I was German by the way and made sure the forces were not on the same side.

Can't figure out why?

I did this last nite and found that my own side ends up shooting at me when I kill empty tanks manned by russian ww2 vil forces. I was German by the way and made sure the forces were not on the same side.

Can't figure out why?

Dont know,

I had the same issue with a script I was running where when you get into a tank as a commander,

you can request a crew, and when I did a crew would apeer at a marker I place, and then

the allied inf (axis) would shoot them down as if they were enemy, I'm like WTF,

and I looked at the side they were on and they are on my side,

makes no sense, any ideas on this TRoc?

It's a great map! I'm making it! :D

I'll post recommended system requirements later ;)

Can you say FPS.

Will the bots to go through the tall grass? In Invasion 1944 - D-Day this was not that too bad!

And if possible show screens with paratroopers.

Will the bots to go through the tall grass? In Invasion 1944 - D-Day this was not that too bad!

And if possible show screens with paratroopers.

Are you talking about the AI being able to see and detect players in the tall grass? This happens because when a map is binarized the view geometry of any clutter object is lost. The view geometry is responsible for preventing AI from seeing through objects.

However. The 31st Normandy mod prevents this by placing the grass as an object instead of clutter on the map. AI will not detect players laying prone in tall grass.

*Note: I am not responsible if the AI sees you running to a position in the tall grass and then fires upon that position and kills you. ;)

I am also not responsible if the AI did not detect you in the tall grass but when you decided to make yourself visible to them after laying prone for three hours, they spot you and kill you. :p

I will have to get some para screenies up.

I'm loving the progress rip.

Thanks! It's a lot of work. I'm not the only one working on it. I give a lot of credit to the mod team.

I will have to get some para screenies up.

At the top of the screen, hard to see the entire model ...

At the top of the screen, hard to see the entire model ...

old vid