Sign in to follow this  
rip31st

31st Normandy mod for ArmA2: WW2

It has been well explained what the current release is and isn't, lots of people are enjoying the chance to experiment with the units and their own mission ideas in advance of a non-alpha version. If you and your buddies are too thick to work out it was never intended for you then that's your look-out.

Edited by Defunkt

Oh, look! I have a car but I don't have an engine so I can drive it around. You might have fun imagining you are driving this car around, picking up chicks and washing it, but for others, this is quit boring.

Most people I know, that play WW2 type games religiously, or just love playing strictly PvP type games, are disappointed in this mod.

This is an Alpha stage mod. It was released so that people can get a feel for whats coming. It's basically one big gigantic demo. Alot of things don't work, but many do, and they are working on it alot. So please just stop insulting the creators with your posts in their thread.

I personally play WW2 games all the time, and I am very pleased with this mod so far, I just can't wait until 1.00 comes out so I can have some fun with my friends. I mean who doesn't love WW2 games right?

Mod isn't a car. Such comparision is really ridiculous. What is Beta? Beta is not a fully complete thing to test and get comments for improving. If you'd like to wait for 10 years to get a finished game for play, it's your choice of course. But don't think most of fans here just think like yours, at least not including me.

Seriously, if you don't want to play the beta now and wait for the full release then just wait for the full release lol. i myself love this mod even if it is a beta simply because i love WWII and WWII in the Arma2 world is simply amazing and 31st Normandy mod is letting this happen! plus i remember how generous Rip31st was with basically asking from the community if they wanted an early release to get some hands on playing with units and such, so im very thankful for that. Cant wait for 1.00 and awesome job guys! :)

That's funny. I seem to be playing a beta of RnL and RO : DH on a server. I just don't see the logic in releasing something you can't even play.

Funnier to watch how you behave as if you're paying money for this mod and mod developers are in a great debt to you.

That's funny. I seem to be playing a beta of RnL and RO : DH on a server. I just don't see the logic in releasing something you can't even play.

Tell me, how much money did you pay to play 31st normandy?

Oh, look! I have a car but I don't have an engine so I can drive it around. You might have fun imagining you are driving this car around, picking up chicks and washing it, but for others, this is quit boring.

Most people I know, that play WW2 type games religiously, or just love playing strictly PvP type games, are disappointed in this mod.

Well I think you should remove the mod and continue playing the ww2 games you feel necessary. I really cant see how anyone could be disappointed with the exceptional work done here with this mod.

Your attitude is typical to someone who expects the world but does nothing positive to contribute. Off with his head! :o:

Ebola

-_-? It's in a alpha dude

Hi,Guys, that's enough and we've proved that's not right. We like this Mod and Hans just expressed his view.

You guys are doing a great development job, lots of work and lots of vehicles. Keep up the great work.

I am working on a Domination conversion but I will wait until the class names are final.

Thanks

I am disappointed too! :)

I hope the 1.00 release is an improvement! :rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 10:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

You guys are doing a great development job, lots of work and lots of vehicles. Keep up the great work.

I am working on a Domination conversion but I will wait until the class names are final.

Thanks

Yes! please wait, otherwise you will be changing a LOT! :)

We at FHW had some great time in a nice little Caen CQB COOP-Battle yesterday.

If anyone is interested in the mission, get it here:

http://www.filefront.com/16786877/DIH_CO10_Caen_v15.rip31st_normandy2.pbo/

Nothing big, just a small mission to kick the Allies back out of Caen's train station (max 16 players, with a modified revive system).

--------------

On a sidenote:

While I made this mission, I came across some bugs/work arounds for bugs (I guess you'll know most of them already, but still...):

-The Panzerfaust does not work in a Dedicated Server environment - it never has ammo at game start. Workaround: Remove PF - add PF magazine - re-add PF after game start by script (see the mission for an example).

-The aforetime mentioned Grenade bug is caused by the custom rw_Throw weapon. The 'solution' script I posted before (the one you included in your first patch) has been replaced by a much simpler and more performance-friendly script.

Here it is:

Put this in your init.sqf:

if (isServer) THEN
{
sleep 0.1;

{
	[nil,_x,"loc" + "per",rEXECVM,"DIH_grenade_fix.sqf",_x] call RE;
} forEach playableUnits;	//or: allUnits
};

And this is the DIH_grenade_fix.sqf, that you need to put in the same folder:

private ["_unit"];

_unit = _this select 0;

_unit removeWeapon "Throw";
_unit removeWeapon "rw_Throw";

sleep 0.1;

_unit addweapon "Throw";
_unit addweapon "rw_Throw";

if (isPlayer _unit) THEN {hint "Grenade Bug fixed";};

NOTES:

-Functions Module has to be present in the mission.

-This fix works for the Project '85 grenade bug too (Just with "P85_Throw" instead of "rw_Throw")

Thanks again for bringing WW2 to ArmA2 :)

Cheers,

D.

EDIT:

A helpful user just posted an even better solution for put/throw problems:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1653489&postcount=5

Edited by Dimitri_Harkov

SCORE:

Kids 1

Dads computer 0

hey man when the 1.00 patch? :confused:

Keep your pants on. Unless of course your offering your assistance in getting the mod up to a v1.0 release...

Edited by Grub
spelling

Keep your pants on. Unless of course your offering your assistance in getting the mod up to a v1.0 release...

i love this mod,so i just want to know if there is a v1.0 relase date....

Can someone link me up with some mission downloads? SP preferably.

Will the german tanks come with differen camouflages, like the desert, the winter, the grey and the wood scheme, or will they be only available with the wooden scheme as in the beta?

"Will the 1.0 dome parachute?"

Yes, there is already the old ww2 style dome parachute in use.

"Will the german tanks come with differen camouflages, like the desert, the winter, the grey and the wood scheme, or will they be only available with the wooden scheme as in the beta?"

Some have more camo options and some less...I think the winter camo is not in top priority until Bulge. The eastern front wasn't the main focus in this phase and the Soviet units are more like a bonus. ...but because the release seems to be kind of east+west front I have made some stuff there too. Currently making some Soviet Yak fighters planes.

The general status is that the US faction look pretty good. British and Canadians need some misc stuff finished. Like I have some versions of Bedford QL truck still to paint. This version is not 100% unit set, but the base things needed for a good fight. The navy stuff is more or less delayed to the next phase.