Sign in to follow this  
rip31st

31st Normandy mod for ArmA2: WW2

Thanks for your post. So far I have only played vanila but when I saw this mod as a fun of WWII games, I had to try it. I do not have very much experience with mods in ArmA so I ask for help.

It dont Work for me. Wen i whant use some Soldiers (the tanks and veicles are OK) or Men Divicions Jump Something that sayd user config....Soldiers name. Something like Dont Found the Soldiers name Bin.Helpme!!!!!

Make sure you have all the mod and patches installed in order.

Make sure you have all the mod and patches installed in order.

Its Done. I know How Install the Mod, so isnt is that. :( Jump some err in the Soldiers, Germans And US or Russians. Its Some Err in the User Config. the Thing is that there is no Soldiers ( But I Can Use Veicules) I repeat, the Err is in the names in the Editor. There Is no names in the Editor

Choki, if you have all patches then you should see the names and classes,

but if its blank try to reinstall the patches and try again,

And dont place "Groups" on the map cause the groups dont work yet.

Some W31st vehicles can still give you a CTD but most WW2 stuff in there works fine!

hope it helps and if its not ask here

Cya

Thanks, So is That? No groups? thanks I Know now!!!

Yes please read all the posts in the thread. You will find a lot of info in them.

Thanks!

Yes please read all the posts in the thread. You will find a lot of info in them.

Thanks!

wow uhh 80+ threads...lol...i wouldnt be going thru the whole thread anytime soon

Can I install this awesome mod via Six Updater?

What else do I need in order to play?

When is the final version coming out?

Im sorry to ask all this, but im at work, and don't have time to read all 86 pages:)

The mod is not installed via Six updater.

You don´t need anything else but you may use the newer version of Hürtgenwald and the Betons addons.

The final version will be out ??

wow uhh 80+ threads...lol...i wouldnt be going thru the whole thread anytime soon

Common sense calls for using the search function for this thread. :rolleyes:

A lot of questions can be answered this way.

There won't be a "final" version of this mod out for a very long time. However, there will be a 1.00 release in the not so distant future. The Normandy phase of this mod will come in four phases:

Each of the above listed phases will include incremental work on our map with improvements. Improvements to our weapons systems. Additions including new vehicles and objects. Improved sounds.

1.00 You will get a nearly error free mod, improved FPS performance. A lot of scripting for special items with accompanying manual or instructions on those scripts, Editor groups & modules, new infantry. A basic wiki with all the classes. This is all tentative including a warfare and domination port. We are adding new models and replacing the old. Along with talks of warfare come warfare models inlcuding mhq's and such. With the 1.00 release you will see a refined mod with many improvements and a standardized universal weapons system.

1.01 You will see mainland Great Britian added. More objects like buildings, bunkers, and more vehicles.

1.02 You will see more mainland France added. This phase will feature many naval units. By this phase we should be able to include out WW2 game mode.

1.03 Will complete the Normandy phase of this mod. London & Paris should be in the mod including several historic models.

After the Normandy phase of this mod is complete we move forward to The Battle of the Buldge, and then The Pacific Theater. Models for those phases are already in the works from various mod team members.

When these phases are released...who knows. They are ready when they are ready. Are mod team members sink a lot of their free personal time into this effort. I surely appreciate and thank them for their hard work. So should you.

Edited by Rip31st

has anyone uploaded this mod to a site other than Armaholic? I can't seem to get more than 180 KB/sec from armaholic & its taking way too long :(

has anyone uploaded this mod to a site other than Armaholic? I can't seem to get more than 180 KB/sec from armaholic & its taking way too long :(

I think they have two mirrors there. Not sure about other sites.

There won't be a "final" version of this mod out for a very long time. However, there will be a 1.00 release in the not so distant future. The Normandy phase of this mod will come in four phases:

Each of the above listed phases will include incremental work on our map with improvements. Improvements to our weapons systems. Additions including new vehicles and objects. Improved sounds.

1.00 You will get a nearly error free mod, improved FPS performance. A lot of scripting for special items with accompanying manual or instructions on those scripts, Editor groups & modules, new infantry. A basic wiki with all the classes. This is all tentative including a warfare and domination port. We are adding new models and replacing the old. Along with talks of warfare come warfare models inlcuding mhq's and such. With the 1.00 release you will see a refined mod with many improvements and a standardized universal weapons system.

1.01 You will see mainland Great Britian added. More objects like buildings, bunkers, and more vehicles.

1.02 You will see more mainland France added. This phase will feature many naval units. By this phase we should be able to include out WW2 game mode.

1.03 Will complete the Normandy phase of this mod. London & Paris should be in the mod including several historic models.

After the Normandy phase of this mod is complete we move forward to The Battle of the Buldge, and then The Pacific Theater. Models for those phases are already in the works from various mod team members.

When these phases are released...who knows. They are ready when they are ready. Are mod team members sink a lot of their free personal time into this effort. I surely appreciate and thank them for their hard work. So should you.

What the F**k !!! This mod release schedule is AWESOME !!!

Sorry, what do u mean for "ww2 game mode"? Is it a multipl mode or is ti possible to play also single ??

Thanks for the info, and clearly also for the UBER modification !!!

That sounds very nice and appreciate your releasing way to the public. Instead of letting the community wait for long years in anxious without anything to play ( of course, we are not complaining against others and we know they are free donation anyway.), your Mod gives us much more amusement of WW2 game in ARMA series than ever. Also grateful to your efforts to organize such a large project with the joining members such as talent Troc, Aqu, and etc. Thanks for all who have contributed to it. No matter whose work is nice or good enough.

Finally, just a personal interested question, will you plan to add any WW2 music, such as german marching songs,etc. for mission editor? Now in game, when Troc's tanks rolling forward on Normandy streets and fields, just feel lacking something to accompany it...

i'm very happy from what i'm reading :yay:

have you considered to use yoma tools to deliver and update in real time this beatyful mod?

That sounds very nice and appreciate your releasing way to the public. Instead of letting the community wait for long years in anxious without anything to play ( of course, we are not complaining against others and we know they are free donation anyway.), your Mod gives us much more amusement of WW2 game in ARMA series than ever. Also grateful to your efforts to organize such a large project with the joining members such as talent Troc, Aqu, and etc. Thanks for all who have contributed to it. No matter whose work is nice or good enough.

Finally, just a personal interested question, will you plan to add any WW2 music, such as german marching songs,etc. for mission editor? Now in game, when Troc's tanks rolling forward on Normandy streets and fields, just feel lacking something to accompany it...

I like the idea of the music such as the german marching songs. I will have to look into copyrights and such to do this. If it's not possible I can probably do something in my music studio that would be original but close to these type of songs.

Thanks for the kind comments!

About the WW2 Game mode:

- Two sided Allies VS Axis player vs player multiplayer arena

- A visible battle frontline style format in the form of flags

- Persistant- Running 24-7 until a victory threshold is met- Meaning if you leave and come back another day the battle may/will still be going

- Towns will have multiple strongpoints to capture along with a base and supply point

- A percentage of strongpoints need to be captured before the base can be captured

- Enemy can spawn from captured strongpoints

- Capturable command posts between towns with significant distance between them

- Capturable airfields, supply depots, factories, naval facility

- A supply system that can be damaged and depleted- For example- If a town's supply table only has 10 sherman tanks, once they are depleted, they cannot be spawned from that town again unless resupplied. Same goes for all equipment and infantry. Same for airfields.

- Resupply depends on a functioning supply chain.

- Mobile spawning system that takes you to the battle quicker

- Spawning from any side owned town base, strongpoint, supply depot, factory.

- Very limited use of AI for a warning detection system at each town and facility...But once it's damaged or eliminated, the warning system becomes dysfunctional.

- **possible statistic systems that keep track of a players use of equipment, kills, deaths on a website.

This is just a target overview of what were putting together later in this mod. We built this large scale map for this purpose with a large scale multiplayer arena in mind.

All upcoming theaters in our mod such as The Battle of The Buldge, The Pacific Theater, Northern Africa, The Northern War, Southern Europe, & The Eastern front will all feature these large scale arenas. The Pacific Theater will include multiple maps that cover vast amounts of the theater.

wow, this list looks very promising.

if i can make also a suggestion for a mobile spawn system, i would like to see a spawnplane like a c47 or the axis counterpart in it.

it would work in 2 different ways :

1. like an ordinary plane flown only by a designated pilot who should just fly the c47 all the time to keep a spawnpoint near to a target area and let players para.

2. if the pilot can land the plane in a remote area, he should be able to build a small fob and a provisorily airstrip with the c47 placed in line to make it able to start and provide a spawnpoint and allow players to create some light vehicles .

when the pilot takes off with the plane, the fob gets destroyed and the plane will be again a mobile spawn but must rtb to resupply, to make the pilot able to build a new fob somewhere else.

its just an idea, perhaps some or all of this could make it into this awsome mod :)

The future sounds of so rosy! I look forward to! Does that also mean that the invasion of Poland and Western campaign 1940 (France) at some point here?

wow, this list looks very promising.

if i can make also a suggestion for a mobile spawn system, i would like to see a spawnplane like a c47 or the axis counterpart in it.

it would work in 2 different ways :

1. like an ordinary plane flown only by a designated pilot who should just fly the c47 all the time to keep a spawnpoint near to a target area and let players para.

2. if the pilot can land the plane in a remote area, he should be able to build a small fob and a provisorily airstrip with the c47 placed in line to make it able to start and provide a spawnpoint and allow players to create some light vehicles .

when the pilot takes off with the plane, the fob gets destroyed and the plane will be again a mobile spawn but must rtb to resupply, to make the pilot able to build a new fob somewhere else.

its just an idea, perhaps some or all of this could make it into this awsome mod :)

I like this idea. I will look into it. Most likely put it up for a vote within the mod team to see if it's something we can do.

The future sounds of so rosy! I look forward to! Does that also mean that the invasion of Poland and Western campaign 1940 (France) at some point here?

Time will tell.

I personally am highly interested in the Pacific Campaign. Can't wait to see stuff about that.

About the WW2 Game mode:

- Two sided Allies VS Axis player vs player multiplayer arena

- A visible battle frontline style format in the form of flags

- Persistant- Running 24-7 until a victory threshold is met- Meaning if you leave and come back another day the battle may/will still be going

- Towns will have multiple strongpoints to capture along with a base and supply point

- A percentage of strongpoints need to be captured before the base can be captured

- Enemy can spawn from captured strongpoints

- Capturable command posts between towns with significant distance between them

- Capturable airfields, supply depots, factories, naval facility

- A supply system that can be damaged and depleted- For example- If a town's supply table only has 10 sherman tanks, once they are depleted, they cannot be spawned from that town again unless resupplied. Same goes for all equipment and infantry. Same for airfields.

- Resupply depends on a functioning supply chain.

- Mobile spawning system that takes you to the battle quicker

- Spawning from any side owned town base, strongpoint, supply depot, factory.

- Very limited use of AI for a warning detection system at each town and facility...But once it's damaged or eliminated, the warning system becomes dysfunctional.

- **possible statistic systems that keep track of a players use of equipment, kills, deaths on a website.

This is just a target overview of what were putting together later in this mod. We built this large scale map for this purpose with a large scale multiplayer arena in mind.

All upcoming theaters in our mod such as The Battle of The Buldge, The Pacific Theater, Northern Africa, The Northern War, Southern Europe, & The Eastern front will all feature these large scale arenas. The Pacific Theater will include multiple maps that cover vast amounts of the theater.

Will this feature be available as a multiplayer mission for players to host their own servers? If so, will the other players be AI if all slots are not filled? Or do you plan to provide the public with tools to create similar battles using warfare gameplay?

Will this feature be available as a multiplayer mission for players to host their own servers? If so, will the other players be AI if all slots are not filled? Or do you plan to provide the public with tools to create similar battles using warfare gameplay?

It's a multiplayer pvp game mode. It will not use AI to fill empty slots. There will be a seperate warfare and domination port people can use as they wish.

Hi, It seems I still getting some issue of having Motar supporting fire. It seems the Motar is not sensitive enough to fire at the enemy. Not sure if anybody else has got the same?

In addition, in future release, is it possible to let AI fire indirectly behind houses or other covers with an observer (also AI ) in the front? In that case, the supporting fire would be very realisitic.