Sign in to follow this  
rip31st

31st Normandy mod for ArmA2: WW2

How do I set up the mortar?

Ok so upon some messing around I noticed that only the mortar soldier can redeploy a mortar, thats kind of dumb. The 101st had mortar soldiers jump in, as did a lot of other groups. Will that be fixed/changed?

Dumb, yes. Especially because that shouldn't be a problem if the infantry is set correctly. Grpf...well maybe you can think it is realistic. If I were a normal GI Joe I think I would keep my hands away from mortars. They can be deadly if you are not taught to use them.

If you are carrying the mortar, select it, then face where you want to set it. Then just click, wait few secs an voila.

When a unit respawns, it has modern weapons.

You gotta love this bug... back to the future mod? :)

Wow it's out?! Well there goes my weekend.... :p

Didn't think we'd see this (even in beta form) for another month or so after reading how much content was coming our way.

Thanks to all involved in this massive project - It's sure to add countless hours of fun. :)

Checking for servers runing this MOD. NO SERVER AT ALL!!

That was what I was trying to say with release without any MISSONS or GAMEMODE even if its just a BETA. Not good at all!

But the MOD it self is very very good!

SO my question is any server runing this mod even if its a smal mission on it?

Never release somthing without gameplay for public use.

Dont get my wrong its a very good mod.

Fader, Im fairly certain that no one is going to run this on a server when alot of things crash the game, ITs already been discussed the clan im in.

Im not slating this add-on at all, I do genuinely love what you've done.

But in responce to Fader, Its far to buggy for server owner/renters to place it on their servers if its going to crash the server. However in a few months when the mod is less buggy, Im 100% certain that servers (especially my clan) will have this mod running.

RIP, I dont know if its been discussed, but do you have any plans to update this via the Sixupdater(I still love it) or Yomas addon Sync?

The Stugs don't load the textures of the MG42. Happened with all the Stugs under the "Armoured" category.

Also the Scout Car (222) doesn't load (I'll check the error message later today). The first time it just brought me back to the editor, the second time it showed me a profile of the car, but I couldn't do anything except hit escape and abort.

Also the Scout Car (222) doesn't load (I'll check the error message later today). The first time it just brought me back to the editor, the second time it showed me a profile of the car, but I couldn't do anything except hit escape and abort.

What do you mean with 'profile'? The small picture at the bottom of the screen?

Something must have happened when adding it to the mod, because it works here.

1) Many thanks for all the hard work you guys have put into this!

2) StuG main gun reticle is not centered. The grenades land to the left and a bit higher.

3) Here's a small COOP mission:

DIH CO26 Desperate Attack v1

Download:

http://www.filefront.com/15748527/DIH_CO26_DeAt_31st_v1.bet_hurtgen.pbo/

1-26 player COOP, 3+ players recommended, but works in SP too.

A German MechInf Squad, a MotInf Squad and a StuG III G try a desperate attack to retake a lost village in Beton's Hürtgenwald. This is a very hard mission and ment to be like that.

User Mission thread HERE.

4) A 'solution' for the bug that units can't use any grenades:

Put this into your init.sqf (at the end, because it contains a necessary sleep command), and at least the players are able to use grenades again:

//grenade bug fix

private ["_weapons","_magazines"];

if (local player) THEN
{
sleep 2;

hint "Grenade Bug fixed";

//restore default loadout of chosen class - for unknown reasons, this fixes the grenade bug

removeallweapons player;
removeallItems player;

_weapons = getArray (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> format ["%1",typeOf player] >> "weapons");
_magazines = getArray (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> format ["%1",typeOf player] >> "magazines");

{player addmagazine _x;} foreach _magazines;
{player addweapon _x;} foreach _weapons;

//this makes sure that even the 31stN units have the essentials

IF !(player hasWeapon "ItemCompass") THEN {player addWeapon "ItemCompass"};
IF !(player hasWeapon "ItemMap") THEN {player addWeapon "ItemMap"};
//IF !(player hasWeapon "ItemRadio") THEN {player addWeapon "ItemRadio"};
IF !(player hasWeapon "ItemWatch") THEN {player addWeapon "ItemWatch"};

//select weapon so respawned units may shoot at once

if (count weapons player > 0) then
{
	player selectWeapon (_weapons select 0);
};
};

Cheers,

D.

Edited by Dimitri_Harkov

Hi! I downloaded this mod yesterday and it's awesome! I love the Normandy Island. It's huge! 8) Still, I'm facing a big bad bug over here:

I'm trying to make a mission with paratroopers (101st airborne and yes, I'm a great fan of Band of Brothers!), and I'm using script that drops the soldiers manually from the plane. Usually, with vanilla Arma 2, they'll use parachutes but with this mod, most of them just ejects from their parachutes. Is there a way to fix this? By giving them parachutes somehow manually (this addweapon[?] "parachute[i don't know the classname!]") or something. Help me please X) And thanks in advance! You have an awesome mod over here!

BTW: There's no landing crafts aka. Higgins boats! Why? 8D

The Stugs don't load the textures of the MG42. Happened with all the Stugs under the "Armoured" category..

I know its an bit of an "oversight" from my part but dont wory it will be fixed soon.

Here are some of the stuff that dident make it for this release, but i hope will be there for 1.0

us6.jpg

us7.jpg

us8.jpg

This are from ofp so they need a "little work"

I just had the opportunity for a first test, and wanted to express my gratitude to Rip and the team. Thanks for all the work you put in the mod, and also thanks for the decision to let us play with it already in the current phase. Personally, I can live with the bugs very well. And now we can finally create WW2 missions with the correct personnel ;)

Thanks a lot, and keep going!

A.

(And btw my thanks to Beton, too: A small skirmish on a sunny day in Hürtgenwald. It was _very_ atmospheric!!!)

BTW: There's no landing crafts aka. Higgins boats! Why? 8D

There are, its a Higgins LCM3 mate, listed as "LCM3". Put it down as empty though and not via BLUFOR or you'll get a CTD.

Must say I've been having plenty of fun on Beton's Omaha Beach High Tide (from ArmA), great mod, cheers!

Edited by Mr Sarkey

Hi! I downloaded this mod yesterday and it's awesome! I love the Normandy Island. It's huge! 8) Still, I'm facing a big bad bug over here:

I'm trying to make a mission with paratroopers (101st airborne and yes, I'm a great fan of Band of Brothers!), and I'm using script that drops the soldiers manually from the plane. Usually, with vanilla Arma 2, they'll use parachutes but with this mod, most of them just ejects from their parachutes. Is there a way to fix this? By giving them parachutes somehow manually (this addweapon[?] "parachute[i don't know the classname!]") or something. Help me please X) And thanks in advance! You have an awesome mod over here!

That is because paras hit the elevator. I try place the bail out pos into a better position. As a quick help it helps if you fly in a shallow dive (iirc)

If you are the pilot, just select the para drop option from the action menu. It drops them realistically and not one big pile.

Is it a problem with my particular release, I have noticed that the panthers have no internal views, its just a big black rectangle of the inside of the model,

Also the Tigers are missing lower front hull textures.

Is it a problem with my particular release, I have noticed that the panthers have no internal views, its just a big black rectangle of the inside of the model,

Also the Tigers are missing lower front hull textures.

The panthers interiors are in the workshop and should be in 1.o.

For the tigers that are missing lowerfront texture i must ask you with tiger Rips or mine.

If its mine then i dont know what is could be, as lower front are in the same texture as upper?

What do you mean with 'profile'? The small picture at the bottom of the screen?

Something must have happened when adding it to the mod, because it works here.

Side view. http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/profile

This happened only once, I looked again and it was as if it froze the game but it did not since I could hit escape and get that menu up, I was unable to do anything else. This happens every time I try to load player as gunner. I can load it properly when I load player as driver but I always get this message.

"Cannot load material file aqu_sdkfz\tex\destruct.rvmat."

Also the machine gun on the sdkfz 222 has a permanent muzzle flash which looks silly. :p It has a great shape to it though just looks like that bug needs fixing and the textures need a tweaking as they look too simple and clean. Edit: Just noticed one more thing, the bullets for the MG34 and for the main gun on it come only from the main gun. Also there is no visibility when firing from inside the car.

---------- Post added at 03:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 PM ----------

I know its an bit of an "oversight" from my part but dont wory it will be fixed soon.

Here are some of the stuff that dident make it for this release, but i hope will be there for 1.0

us6.jpg

us7.jpg

us8.jpg

This are from ofp so they need a "little work"

Great to hear. This is the point of a beta, you may know of the bugs but you never know if we as a community pick out something you guys missed. This is me just being picky since its not really a bug, but the only tank with a mechanical turret (therefore the only one that makes a whirring sound when it turns its turret) was the Sherman. Any chance that in future releases the rest of them could be changes to a squeak representing the guy inside spinning a hand crank?

Edited by Hroudlan

I didn t find jeeps for us and german. R there jeeps ?

I remember u had great jeeps and trucks from FFstudio in Arma 1 version. Did they not authorize u to use their work for arma 2 or u hadnt import it yet?

A bug: Catalina dont have texture for me

New bug found (though you may already know about it). In the M10 3inch anti-tank tank (for the US) the gunner's head pops up over the top of the turret (only for the version with a tarp not the open topped one).

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 PM ----------

I didn t find jeeps for us and german. R there jeeps ?

I remember u had great jeeps and trucks from FFstudio in Arma 1 version. Did they not authorize u to use their work for arma 2 or u hadnt import it yet?

A bug: Catalina dont have texture for me

There is a German jeep in the FFS section of Empty. Explore the empty sections because there is a lot of other stuff there.

A Few bugs I found(maybe you already knew about these ones but in case you didn't):

1)When you access the gear of a dead soldier you get an error message: "Picture \rwweap\icon\uzmag.jpg not found"

The last part(xxx.jpg) is sometimes different but I get this kind of an error almost every time I try to search a dead soldiers gear.

2)He-111 is missing the texture(the whole plane is white)

3)I don't know if this is a bug or deliberate but most of the infantry units don't have radios.

4)I saw a black German soldier

Edit: I just found out that there actually were a few black German soldiers during WW2, so maybe that's not a bug after all.

Edited by arr

This is me just being picky since its not really a bug, but the only tank with a mechanical turret (therefore the only one that makes a whirring sound when it turns its turret) was the Sherman. Any chance that in future releases the rest of them could be changes to a squeak representing the guy inside spinning a hand crank?

Sorry but you are wrong there, the only german tank without the hydrolic traverse engine were the pz4 ausf J as this was deleted for more fuel.

The tigers and the early panthers were kind of slow (360 in 60sec) but this was changed for the tiger2 and the later panthers (depends on rpm).

However the german tanks (tiger, panther) had the advantatge of being able to turn on the spot.

A feature that michael wittman used a lot.

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 PM ----------

New bug found (though you may already know about it). In the M10 3inch anti-tank tank (for the US) the gunner's head pops up over the top of the turret (only for the version with a tarp not the open topped one).

Yes i know of this one also and its (i think) of the missing interior.

This was released a little to early.

Edited by T_Roc

Few bugs I found(maybe you already knew about these ones but in case you didn't):

1)When you access the gear of a dead soldier you get an error message: "Picture \rwweap\icon\uzmag.jpg not found"

The last part(xxx.jpg) is sometimes different, but I get this kind of an error almost every time I try to search a dead soldiers gear.

2)He-111 is missing the texture(the whole plane is white)

3)I don't know if this is a bug or deliberate but most of the infantry units don't have radios.

4)I saw a black German soldier

Tonight at some point I will do some updates. I will address the players respawning with modern weapons...easy fix.

I know we let one of the he-111's in without finishing it. It will be completed later. There should be another one. I will also change the crew on the LMC3 landing craft to prevent a crash along with some other vehicles. I could add radios to the inf if more people request it. Someone else mentioned the grenades didn't work on some of the units. I will look into that as well.

Side view. http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/profile

This happened only once, I looked again and it was as if it froze the game but it did not since I could hit escape and get that menu up, I was unable to do anything else. This happens every time I try to load player as gunner. I can load it properly when I load player as driver but I always get this message.

"Cannot load material file aqu_sdkfz\tex\destruct.rvmat."

Also the machine gun on the sdkfz 222 has a permanent muzzle flash which looks silly. :p It has a great shape to it though just looks like that bug needs fixing and the textures need a tweaking as they look too simple and clean. Edit: Just noticed one more thing, the bullets for the MG34 and for the main gun on it come only from the main gun. Also there is no visibility when firing from inside the car.

Yes, thank you I know what profile means but I can't understand what you see in the game that is not normal. Maybe post a pic?

I guess Rip has some older version, because there should not be permanent muzle flash. I didn't see it very important to move the mg bullets to the end of the mg because it is quite close to the cannon and it wasn't very clearly visible (not possible with the normal arma system, requires bit work). I added it to the todo list anyway (because it is only couple of mins work).

About the textures...yes they are simple currently because I couldn't find a single pic of sdkfz-222 which is late war and has a clearly visible camo painting. There are late version 222s in museums and they do not have a camo painting. Dunno is this museum mistake or were they really w/o camo (would sound bit odd). I decided to leave it like that before I can make a decision what to do with it.

No visibility from inside? You can use the optics if you are the gunner.

Sorry but you are wrong there, the only german tank without the hydrolic traverse engine were the pz4 ausf J as this was deleted for more fuel.

The tigers and the early panthers were kind of slow (360 in 60sec) but this was changed for the tiger2 and the later panthers (depends on rpm).

However the german tanks (tiger, panther) had the advantatge of being able to turn on the spot.

A feature that michael wittman used a lot.

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 PM ----------

Yes i know of this one also and its (i think) of the missing interior.

This was released a little to early.

For the first bit: I guess I was mis informed then. Good work. :)

It was released early but thats fine. Now the community can help you guys find bugs even though we seem to only be finding the ones you guys already found. :p

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

Yes, thank you I know what profile means but I can't understand what you see in the game that is not normal. Maybe post a pic?

I guess Rip has some older version, because there should not be permanent muzle flash. I didn't see it very important to move the mg bullets to the end of the mg because it is quite close to the cannon and it wasn't very clearly visible (not possible with the normal arma system, requires bit work). I added it to the todo list anyway (because it is only couple of mins work).

About the textures...yes they are simple currently because I couldn't find a single pic of sdkfz-222 which is late war and has a clearly visible camo painting. There are late version 222s in museums and they do not have a camo painting. Dunno is this museum mistake or were they really w/o camo (would sound bit odd). I decided to leave it like that before I can make a decision what to do with it.

No visibility from inside? You can use the optics if you are the gunner.

It has only been in profile once so it might just have loaded funny. But still whenever I try to load it out with player as gunner it won't let me do anything except access my menu.

I'll hunt around for a good image of a late war sdkfz-222 (I have access to north america's second largest library so there has to be something).

When I hit the optics button it brings up the optics but behind the frontal armour of the turret, so I just have a zoomed image of the inside of the turret.

Glad to hear you know about the MG issue. You guys are going to hear a lot about bugs you already know but hopefully the community can pick out some new ones. I myself am refraining from commenting on untextured stuff and the missing interiors since you have all said the only interior that is done is the Tiger (and it looks fabulous).

Just from playing around a bit it looks like all the German vehicles can take a lot more of a beating than the US. I know this was true for tanks but my German half-track took about 10 direct hits from a 75mm on a Sherman and it only broke the engine and one track. Had to get out of the Sherman, pick up a panzerschwreck off a dead enemy and then one shot with that blew up the half-track. Not a big issue for the German players but might be tiring for the Allies to have to use so much ammo on one half-track.

---------- Post added at 05:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 PM ----------

This is what happens when I use optics inside the sdkfz-222. If I'm turned out though the optics work.

arma22010-03-0517-34-39-87.jpg

Here is a reenactor sdkfz-222 in a camo scheme. Next week I'll check the library to see if I can confirm this was used or not.

sdkfz222camo.jpg

Hope that helps.

Edited by Hroudlan

Dumb, yes. Especially because that shouldn't be a problem if the infantry is set correctly. Grpf...well maybe you can think it is realistic. If I were a normal GI Joe I think I would keep my hands away from mortars. They can be deadly if you are not taught to use them.

If you are carrying the mortar, select it, then face where you want to set it. Then just click, wait few secs an voila.

Well what I am suggesting is that they add a mortar soldier to each variant of uniform. If they would like to make it so only the mortar soldier can deploy it thats fine so long as I get my 101st Airborne Mortar Soldier.