Sign in to follow this  
rip31st

31st Normandy mod for ArmA2: WW2

Yes there are some bugs and i am working on some of them right now.

Amomg those the missing interior for the m10.

As you notice the only tank right now with interior is the Tiger but this will also change.

Edited by T_Roc
Spelling

Thx for this, and to all addon maker who participated.

I had a crash to desktop with something like " 101 light "message.

Crash to desktop with message cannot open file for Aq steam engine

Edited by cheritto

Is there any way to launch V1 rocket? I placed ramp, V1 rocket, bunker and when i press launch option it says "started" but nothing happens.

Is there any way to launch V1 rocket? I placed ramp, V1 rocket, bunker and when i press launch option it says "started" but nothing happens.

V1 is placed automatically on the ramp if you place it close enough. You don't need the bunker really (only if wanting manual launch).

The thing won't launch unless you have set a global Aqu_V1_target containing the target coords ([x,y] or [v1,[x,y]]). The launching itself can be done with a global Aqu_V1_start=(v1 object) too. It can be launched from the he-111 too, as soon as one dude has painted the mg15 so we can get the he-111 out.

to set the target coords e.g getMarkerCoords or getpos are useful.

EDIT: Don't complain if you have hard time hit anything smaller than a town - that is intentional. There is also one other global (left from testing), but I leave it you to find out ;)

Edited by Aqu

Well...i´m happy this mod made it to public finally.. even if it´s still beta and many things are not perfect but it´s a start. Now is the time for playing around, testing, reporting bugs and adding stuff that is wanted by the community and more important contributed by the community. Hopefully in the end there will be a compilation to fulfill the needs of everyone.. singleplayers, multiplayers, friends of large scale battles... ehm ok..:) happy birthday

ps. since some parts included in the mod are outdated i would advise you to use this:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=94125

you can use them additionally and have the Huertgenwald/winter map and some of the objects in a more up to date version...

hope you have fun, thank you Rip

Thx Aqu, but can you say the way to launch it a bit more specified. I am not that good at scripting so as some people here too. Can you tell it step by step pls.

Hey 31st mod team ...is the mod kompatiple with CBA ???

I'm getting something weird, I'm using the mod folder method to access the mod but when arma starts and I enter the editor, there is nothing there - only the regular arma stuff.

What am I doing wrong??????

:(

What am I doing wrong??????

:(

obviously there is a modfolder inside the modfolder... you just need the "addons" folder in the "@31stWWA2" folder....

hope that helped:)

Thx Aqu, but can you say the way to launch it a bit more specified. I am not that good at scripting so as some people here too. Can you tell it step by step pls.

1) Place the launch ramp and V1 (+ the bunker if want manual launch)

2) Give V1 name in the object dialog ( e.g. just "v1") (EDIT: You need this only if putting the launch line in a trigger etc)

3) Place a map marker on the map and give it a name (e.g "v1_target")

4) Copy into the init line of the V1 (in the object dialog): Aqu_V1_target=getMarkerPos "V1_target"; or if launching several missiles and they have different targets, then Aqu_V1_target=[this, getMarkerPos "v1_target"];

Thanks Smygolf, it's now working with the mod launcher - getting lots of crashes when I place units in the editor though. Dont know if it's a problem with the units or a problem my end.

But great so far, special thanks to everybody involved - if I was being fussy, would have liked to see some British tanks especially Firefly, maybe in the future?

Thanks again...

:yay::yay::yay:

Thanks Smygolf, it's now working with the mod launcher - getting lots of crashes when I place units in the editor though. Dont know if it's a problem with the units or a problem my end.

Tis' a beta, errors all over are to be expected :D Still sweet though despite the 4 CTD's I've encountered in the past 15 minutes!

Its must be years before this one is completed! But when it is ,ore if, this will be everything that ever wanted!

Great guys, downloading!

Also thanks to gol-clan for mirror.

Hope there is no bad mood in the team because we forum people pushed for a release.

This release doesn't contain all the stuff. Especially the British are far from complete.

It's nice you are having fun, but let's try to have some useful information from this othwerwise useless release.

In general it is helpful to get a description what happens and when (i.e. instructions to reproduce the error) and possibly the error message in arma2.rpt (if there is such).

Thank you

All shitty! I come home at 20.30 O`clock! silent Hunter v hadnt been send! Thought _I can download the WW2 Mod but NO, my vather has to block whole I-net! I have to wait until tomorrow, download is 15Kbs! :mad::mad:

This day SUCKS:mad:

Great stuff, thx we made the V1 working.

Anyway, the V2 doesnt seem to hit the targets?

But very cool:

Launched 8 V2 rockets, and one just came back as it was on like 50-100m xD

we got blown up.

Hope its not a bug, cause i see it as a feature, like a weaponjam :)

The same instructions work for both V1 and V2 (except there is no V2 launch bunker). You just have to replace V1 with V2 in the global variable names (e.g Aqu_V2_start). The problem with V2 in small maps is that when the target has to be quite far from the start location it is outside the map. The accuracy of V2 is in the same class as V1. And with V1 the target has to be inside +-60 degrees arc. Btw...you can set the launched rocket/missile as a player manned from the air class menu (you just cannot control it).

Thx for such a great mod! Even though its beta it looks awesome!:) Here are some screens i took:

arma22010030420321337.png

arma22010030420380505.png

arma22010030420502250.png

arma22010030420552028.png

Very cool and awesome, have been playing all day=)