Sign in to follow this  
rip31st

31st Normandy mod for ArmA2: WW2

Without game mod i think the release is less interessant: of course i will play some units in editor but then what will i do alone with ww2 addons. Of course people will release mission but none as good as Ripest's one :D

I think that without gamemod the community will be more divided and less active and wont be able to play together, which is a the goal of a game such Arma.

the game mod will be the cement of ur mod and his community.

When u look where people plays in multiplayer, its principaly warefare.

Actually it's principally domination. I should know, seeing as I have helped run several ArmA units & have done research on what is the most popular mission, that get's the most players on the server etc. Right now there are 3 popular "game modes". These are: Custom Missions, Domination, and When Diplomacy Fails.

It's up to you team. But really dont think it's necessary to wait for finishing the missions. We won't complaining without it. Lots of us could play a mod in the mission editor by creating the fightings by ourselves. What important thing is to get such a platform and stuff based on it.

Chances are when I get the mod, the first thing I will do is try to port over a warfare anyway. As much as I want the mod right now, my vote goes toward finishing the game mode first.

But: if you can manage to get a release through a system such as Six Updater, there's no need to hold back, since mission / content updates would only be four clicks away.

Chances are when I get the mod, the first thing I will do is try to port over a warfare anyway. As much as I want the mod right now, my vote goes toward finishing the game mode first.

But: if you can manage to get a release through a system such as Six Updater, there's no need to hold back, since mission / content updates would only be four clicks away.

As much as I like using the six update I vote hell no for it's use with this mod. The sheer size alone would prohibit it. It takes forever for a download to finish using that, while if I can use Firefox to download it I can use an app called "DownThemAll" and boost my normal speed (150 to 240kbps) up to a max of around 1.2mb a second.

Edited by Darkhorse 1-6

As much as I like using the six update I vote hell no for it's use with this mod. The sheer size alone would prohibit it. It takes forever for a download to finish using that, while if I can use Firefox to download it I can use an app called "DownThemAll" and boost my normal speed (150 to 240kbps) up to a max of around 1.2mb a second.

Of course it would be optional, you shouldn't be forced to use it if you didn't want to. In the end it depends how frequent updates are, if there's only one update every month or two, there's no need for it anyway.

So IF* I do a quick release...I want mission builders to PM me. I want to be in close contact with them, especially if they do warfare, evo, whatever else ports. Anyone that participates this way will receive proper credit(s).

For this "beta" release...IF* I decide to do it. There will be some stipulations involved such as, no signatures will come with it ( those will come with the 1.0 version ), textures will be open source - so if people request changes and they submit new textures to me that are superior to current, we can revise them. Bug reports will be submitted based on facts, not "Well in 1944 the Heer uniforms had 6 buttons instead of 5".

I also don't want to see - "This mod sucks because I found an error, or this mod sucks because the textures are poor quality."

I want to hear constructive critisism, positive feedback, people that want that want to help, not be Debbie downer. I want people to participate in the mission building effort.

ATM there is no campaign. If you are interested in developing campaigns, contact me via PM.

Be prepared to sign up for msn messenger live if you do not have an account. That is how our mod crew communicates.

So IF* I do a quick release...I want mission builders to PM me. I want to be in close contact with them, especially if they do warfare, evo, whatever else ports. Anyone that participates this way will receive proper credit(s).

For this "beta" release...IF* I decide to do it. There will be some stipulations involved such as, no signatures will come with it ( those will come with the 1.0 version ), textures will be open source - so if people request changes and they submit new textures to me that are superior to current, we can revise them. Bug reports will be submitted based on facts, not "Well in 1944 the Heer uniforms had 6 buttons instead of 5".

I also don't want to see - "This mod sucks because I found an error, or this mod sucks because the textures are poor quality."

I want to hear constructive critisism, positive feedback, people that want that want to help, not be Debbie downer. I want people to participate in the mission building effort.

ATM there is no campaign. If you are interested in developing campaigns, contact me via PM.

Be prepared to sign up for msn messenger live if you do not have an account. That is how our mod crew communicates.

I have msn messenger and I will be sure to report any errors I come across in a professional manner.

alright there will be a beta release...packing it now.

It is 1.58 gigs packed.

I have the file ready...looking for a file host...PM me.

Edited by Rip31st

Suggestion to all GOOD mission makers. If any of you try out the game WW2-Online Battleground? Would like to see a TEAM vs TEAM with the "touch" of ww2-online.

on going battle that could last for a week if you would or even more.

Basic game play is that you could only attack towns that are linked to each other so it form a kind of " line" that is the front. towns behind that " line " can not be captured. And all towns have supplyline that can be cut so all " spawn tickets" & supply " can not be resupply. All towns get a " Basic set of AI set up for Defens of town".

So player can join the fight but " basic AI" defend all towns.

a 50 vs 50 battle would be fun. Dont know how many players this game can handel.

Maby Im out on deep water here?

Suggestion to all GOOD mission makers. If any of you try out the game WW2-Online Battleground? Would like to see a TEAM vs TEAM with the "touch" of ww2-online.

on going battle that could last for a week if you would or even more.

Basic game play is that you could only attack towns that are linked to each other so it form a kind of " line" that is the front. towns behind that " line " can not be captured. And all towns have supplyline that can be cut so all " spawn tickets" & supply " can not be resupply. All towns get a " Basic set of AI set up for Defens of town".

Your description is already very much like warfare. I enjoy warfare's similarities to WWIIO:BGE and how each battle is never the same as another. It is also significant in how it simulates realtime war strategy. Warfare is the reason why many of us have played Arma as long as we have. But I like the idea of reinforcement and supply tickets. But it my opinion, launching attacks behind enemy lines to capture towns is a blast (especially when it is done by air ;) )!

I can't wait to see everyone's contribution to the game through later releases. This mod willd definitely be another reason to keep playing Arma! It has been a while since i've worked with 3D modeling and texture art, but maybe i will find some time to start up again! Props to all involved with this mod!

Will the Germans & Allied have Bayonet?

And will it work?

I really dont understand why BISTUDIO released ARMA2 without Bayonet/Combat Knife.

During war way back to the stoneage- present day 2010 people have been killed with melee weapons during battle!!

Get melee combat ingame now!

woot 1.58gigs what a monster...is the island in the package?

alright there will be a beta release...packing it now.

It is 1.58 gigs packed.

I have the file ready...looking for a file host...PM me.

OMG! It's on the way finally. The longest Day is coming...

Edited by FKPLACE

Yes i hope this afternoon or evening is the upload ready...its the first ww2 mod for arma2 Finally the time has come.i think the others ww2 mods liberation-mod and Inv44 Wacht am Rhein still take a while,so I am extremely happy that he is now published:yay:

A torrent release is possible, it works pretty well. Thx for ur work and hope u ll find some all kind of mission makers.

OMG I can't believe it: This very evening I will start up the editor, grab my MP40 and change history.

(Well, nope, forget about that last part. I am glad as it is. I just happen to like the MP40...)

Thanks Rip! :bounce3: