Sign in to follow this  
rip31st

31st Normandy mod for ArmA2: WW2

Sure, since the release seems very close now, I don't recommend delaying that just to make it ACE compatible. But please consider it for any future upgrades. I'm sure I'm not the only one who have got used to all those awesome ACE features and cannot imagine playing without them.

Whhohohoooooooooooo!! :D

Way to go!

cant wait to play it!!

Question:

Will there be 24/7 Public server up when released or so?

i agree with Johan S. a bit ACE compatibility should be there. but the first release shouldnt be delayed for that.

I'm pretty sure RIP already made it ACE compatilble, I know he was working on it quite a while ago already

Did you put any custom buildings specialized for french architecture in 40s'?

Yes we did

I see this has been mentioned before a while back, but I really hope you will make this compatible with ACE 2. There are so many ACE features that I could not live without, so having to disable ACE while playing this is not an option for me. Given the extreme popularity of ACE, I'm sure many people agree with me.

Playing without things like overpressure effects from tank guns, backblast from AT launchers, a reload system similar to the one in the game Red Orchestra (no ammo counter, just a message about the weight of the magazine when reloading), stamina effects so you cannot run for several kilometers at full speed with 100 kg of gear, and many, many more, would be a dealbreaker for me. I'd just miss all those features too much. And that would be a shame, given the obvious quality of this work.

Whhohohoooooooooooo!! :D

Way to go!

cant wait to play it!!

Question:

Will there be 24/7 Public server up when released or so?

Yes

No!!! Please don't waste any time to make that project ACE compatible...

This could be done later on too.

Eventually it will be done later on.

Then it will be a deal breaker for you until it is compatible...which is not in the first release phase.

Edited by Rip31st

If the ACE compatibilty means only adding some values into config it's ok to me. If it means inheriting from some weird classes or generally if it makes this mod unusable without ACE, I'm against it. So in my opinion ACE could be supported but only if it doens't imply requirement.

ACE is not any de facto base requirement like you could assume e.g 1.05 patch. This mod is already huge in size and if you have to DL ACE too, it sucks donkey b***s. Not everybody has a fast enough internet connection they want to start downloading any additional stuff. We have to remember this is still going to increase in size when new battlefields are added.

The ultimate thing would be to have two available versions, ACE and non ACE. That's what many other mission and addon makers do. If not, you are certainly going to lose some potential users, either the ones who don't want to install ACE, or the ones who don't want to play without it.

Now, I have no idea about what amount of work this would mean for the team working on this. You're already doing a hell of a lot, and for free too. Hopefully this can be solved somehow without too much trouble.

Ace can wait! Cant wait to play! I look in this threat every day! I wanna play :bounce3::bounce3::bounce3:

Well we just have to look at all the applicable items that apply from ACE. Those items can be added later. They will not make the first release simply due to time constraints.

UPDATE: All the outstanding items for phase1 release are now ready. Work continues on the WW2 Game mode. Release is soon.

Edited by Rip31st

:eek:

Can you say...more maps :p

The m10 are finally in game, there are two versions one without and one with an tarp that covers the opening in the turret.

us4.jpg

us5.jpg

Some new us inf i am working on but i dont think they are finished in time for the first release.

us2.jpg

us3.jpg

us1.jpg

Troc has done a spectacular job! All his work is truely impressive. I will be releasing the mod soon.

There is just a ton of content in this mod. So many infantry, so many uniforms. Many weapons, tanks, aircraft...you name it...it's there.

you name it

8,8-cm Pak 43/41 ?

mittlere Zugkraftwagen 5 t (Sd.Kfz. 6) ?? :p

I will be releasing the mod soon.

I'm really happy to here this!! :yay:

@ T_Roc:

looks great!

good job soldiers ...huge thanks for your hard works...im happy:D

Troc has done a spectacular job! All his work is truely impressive. I will be releasing the mod soon.

There is just a ton of content in this mod. So many infantry, so many uniforms. Many weapons, tanks, aircraft...you name it...it's there.

When the mod is getting close to release date. Please inform us in time so I we all can be there and have the day/night free for just gaming our ass of.

:)

Yeah, please release at first all done. The imporvements could be made later after the first release.

Yeah, please release at first all done. The imporvements could be made later after the first release.

Yes! Please don't take too long polishing missions or the new warfare game styles. Many faithful readers and followers of this thread will be more than happy to create a ton of missions as soon as units are available!

Many thanks in advance!

A.

Yes! Please don't take too long polishing missions or the new warfare game styles. Many faithful readers and followers of this thread will be more than happy to create a ton of missions as soon as units are available!

Many thanks in advance!

A.

Well in that case if you guys want the mod for mission building I suppose I could release without the game mode and just release the game mode later.

I'll leave it up to you guys...I'm easy. :)

I think u should polish the ww2 warefare game mod, that is in my opinion the best game experience for a game like arma.

I think it would be a mistake to release all your addons without a consistent game mod even if i m sure that people will release misions with your material.

Dont listen to the impatient and stick with ur initial plans.

i think you should release it to the public but at the end of the day it got to be your call m8

hey rip31st i think are the best when the first release without gamemode.For test it the new content...and for all missiondesigners here it would be like christmas ...for me too:D

My vote goes for gamemode, the truth is, there is no harm releasing mod without gamemode, if it comes later on update or something. Something I want would also like to see, would be to see this mod on Six Updater, that would be so epic win :yay: