Sign in to follow this  
rip31st

31st Normandy mod for ArmA2: WW2

I spent 3 years working on WW2 textures for mods etc...I would be more than willing to lend that experience plus 5+ years of other experience to helping this mod out.

I'm always open to people's work. This is a community based mod. So many people have contributed to it. It's been fantastic.

You mean it'll be a something like a meltpot? Sounds nice, yes, we need such mixed things anyway and could enjoy different work and idea from different addon makers...

It's a concept that's been with this mod from the start. Works for most addon makers.

Without this mod a lot of things would have stayed on our hd:s instead of being released.

Just got new weapons from Troc. They are installed on the troops. :) Testing now

First off just wow! I've been following this mod for a while now and i believe it's going to be fantastic when you release it!

Great work Rip Troc and anyone else who has contributed, one thing i have noticed is that you are only using american weapons on the aliies team.

Will there be British weapons released in the future and are we going to be able to see fighters like the Spitfire, Hurricane and Mosquito's in the air?

There are British with with proper british weapons and they drive cars whith the driving wheel on the funny side.

There are British with with proper british weapons and they drive cars whith the driving wheel on the funny side.

I stand corrected ^_^, still can't wait for this mod it's looking up to be fantastic!!

I love you for making this. Looks bloody fantastic, keep up the good work.

Yes very soon. Just waiting on a set of British Infantry and a M10 tank. Then multiplayer testing occurs with the WW2 game mode. Then a release happens right after that.

Really looking forward to this, first thing I'm gonna do is see how many AI I can strain from my CPU. At the moment I can pull 600 or so without any performance issues, but hopefully with the size of the terrain it might take some strain off by spreading them out a little.

Battle of Carentan anyone?

Just watched Band of Brothers again, now I'm craving this mod SO bad.

Yeh, I watched them all a month or so ago and every half hour I'd be thinking "mission idea", be nice to finally try some out. Hangin' out for the sequel too, less than a month away now. :)

Just out of interest, how long does it take a human being to make a map 24000km2?

No I had some trouble with taking screenshots and all weapons and units are on Rips table now.. but I'll ask him to post some when he can.

I just got the British units...going to configure them now with weapons, tracers, etc.

Hats off to StalkerGB! Thanks a ton!

Troc has the M10 still. But as soon as he gives it to me, then we are one step closer to a release.