Sign in to follow this  
rip31st

31st Normandy mod for ArmA2: WW2

British, American,German,Russian, Polish.

I want to ask you what kind of equipment will you put for polish soldiers. I mean will it be equipment from 1939 or from 1940-1945 after the germany occupied Poland?

Iv'e got folks all lined up (including my Gears-of War playing boy) ready to play 31st Normandy based on our experience with the arma1 version. Bring it on Rip! We plan to host this mod on URC U.S. server as part of our rotation post release. Thanks to all the bubbas for the work on this.

Cough...cough... 5+ gigs. ( just a heads up )

I'm really excited. I've been following this mod since Arma 1 and I played on Rip31st server when he released the beta.

I mean, gameplay that Arma offers and WW2 will put me in tears of joy!

Will be waiting for the release!

approximate release date ??? i think many objects and tanks etc. you can convert from arma1. Or all soldiers ,weapons and tanks created new ?

the infantry i just send to Rip is pretty much a convertion from A1 but they look so much better in A2..

they already converted most of the stuff from the arma 1 mod i think.

I want to ask what weapons (rifles, sub-machine guns etc.) will you include in your mod?

It'll be worth it.

:eek:

That all zipped up or just raw modfolders?

I want to ask what weapons (rifles, sub-machine guns etc.) will you include in your mod?

In the weapon package i am doing there is

us:

Garand,m1 carbine, m1a1 thompson,springfield,greasegun, bar, colt45,m9 bazooka and 30cal.

German:

Kar98, g43,mp40, mp44, mg34, mg42, p38, panzerfaust and panzerschrek.

Russian:

Mosin, ppsh, ppd, pps43, svt40, dp27 and ptrd.

There might be more after first release.

:eek:

That all zipped up or just raw modfolders?

Just raw folders...It will be compressed for release.

Right now I am configuring the infantry. I am waiting for troc's weapons, m10 & American tank crew. Once I have those, I can reconfigure the infantry with the new items and do a release shortly thereafter.

Great work, great project. Could you possibly show us any sneak previews of the landscape yet? Can't wait for this

It would be cool if the experienced skin editors were to have a big interest in this. It would be awesome if they did detail infantry skins!

I can see this being incredible on Warfare!

I've made some aircraft weapons including flexible mounted MGs for bombers. Luftwaffe converted some surplus MGs for field use so I made the MG15 infantry version too. These were mainly used by LW field units, but since we don't have any LW men on ground it might not be the default weapon for any unit. Unless we give some for paras or army, because they used some too.

There was also an infantry version of MG81, but not sure was this much used. The high rate of fire could get problematic in ground use (1600 rpm) unless if it was slowed somehow.

So eager to play this!:D I Reinstalled Arma2 so that i dont have any other Addons and stuff when this comes out!

lol GqchatarN do you put all your addons in the addon folder of arma?^^

@Bunnyman there are several pics of the map in different threads. check out the one on armaholic (arma 1 addons & mods released section, 4th page or so). there are many pics.

It would be cool if the experienced skin editors were to have a big interest in this. It would be awesome if they did detail infantry skins!

I can see this being incredible on Warfare!

I spent 3 years working on WW2 textures for mods etc...I would be more than willing to lend that experience plus 5+ years of other experience to helping this mod out.