Sign in to follow this  
rip31st

31st Normandy mod for ArmA2: WW2

Maybe you could tell your opinion to all the different car manufacturers...or for the start tell amd/ati and nvidia we want only one gpu manufacturer. And while you think why it is like that in the real life maybe we could get back to the point...

The only thing I have to say about working together on WW2 stuff is I offered from the start...an open invitation that exists as a blanket statement for all time. It's been beneficial to the community for sure. Models that otherwise would be sitting dormant on hard drives are making their way into the game world for people to use. That's all I care about. Just want people to have fun.

Happy New Year!

Quick vid showing some stuff... :)

Here's an example of some custom fields were adding:

31st_fields.jpg

Edited by Rip31st

This mod sounds very promising and i really hope a lot of servers will offer it for multiplayer gameplay....cant await that this will be released, gj !

Here is a casemate I began work on...There are others we have done already.

m272_88.jpg

awesome!

is the AI able to attack land and air vehicles with the 88 flak?

Rip31st :

Sorry, but bad model, bad normal maping and texture (germans soldiers), bad texture and model KAR98 k, this models and textures degrade your mod.

i am clearing up my old hard drive i used to do some moddelling here and there and if i find anything ww2 related i'l pass them on. i distinctly remember making a tetrarch, m10 achilles, LVT4 and an M22 locust, they are OFP models but i was a bit too decorative if memory serves.. like i said anything i find i'l pass on.

Rip31st :

Sorry, but bad model, bad normal maping and texture (germans soldiers), bad texture and model KAR98 k, this models and textures degrade your mod.

:rolleyes: I didn't do the infantry. *They don't even have normals on them, or their weapons.

;) *disclaimer: This mod is a conglomeration of community donated addon's. They have been given to me by fine people who have donated hours...and I mean several hours of their valuable time to bring you these items which yourself or others can choose to download or not as you wish for FREE (once they are complete, or in Beta state therein). For some, the minority, not having proper normals maps are a deal breaker, possibly upsetting. But for the majority whom just like to play and have fun and as far as their concerned the only map they care about is when they press "M" this mod is for them. Otherwise m8, it's just a matter of picking a choosing what content you wish to use. You may use this mod any way you see fit, even contribute yourself if you wish to change something. -Thank you again, this has been another 31st Normandy mod quality disclaimer.

i am clearing up my old hard drive i used to do some moddelling here and there and if i find anything ww2 related i'l pass them on. i distinctly remember making a tetrarch, m10 achilles, LVT4 and an M22 locust, they are OFP models but i was a bit too decorative if memory serves.. like i said anything i find i'l pass on.

As long as they are your material, or you obtain permissions, this isn't a problem. thx appreciated

Edited by Rip31st

Rip31st :

Hours working? I think at this models its work calculate in minute. I make too models, and free, but for this models I be bashful released. You have not pride?

Maybe you could share your stuff with theirs? I'm afraid the german solider in the screen is really not very nice.

Rip31st :

Hours working? I think at this models its work calculate in minute. I make too models, and free, but for this models I be bashful released. You have not pride?

as Rip said he didnt make the infantry.

and maybe you are able to make them faster than others. and i think its not the model thats looking bad. its the texturing. (personally i think field gray units look much better).

yes and why not make some ww2 stuff too if you are interested in?

Rip31st :

@petrtlach:

Well, I saw lots of nice looking screenshots of your models in the past years, also read your threads for quite a while eagerly waiting for a release, which up to now never came (or did I miss something?) :(

So, I would recommend paying a bit more respect to Rip and his great work.

(If you want to bash him anyway, why not start with that Depeche Mode thing instead? :D )

I am looking forward for this mod! Played it a lot in ArmA1 :)

Regards

A.

Oldy41: Just before christmas Petrlach released a demo of his modification, but no many have noticed of it.

Tobie: Petr have made german army (heer, SS, panzers) in the year range of 1938 to 1940, he is still doing other time periods, but he do it almost alone, so it take a long time. Also he is the creator of the AÄŒSR mod 1938 - 1945. That's mean that he do german units from all fronts because the czechoslovak fought the german on all fronts (west, east, africa)

Rip31st: Hope that the reference pictures i sended you were useful. I am curently working on several US gear, wich I could send you when it's done.

Edited by Derk Yall

Rip31st :

So you just couldn't be bothered to read what he wrote?

metsapeikkoo

Peter is not a native english speaker and that can make something lost in translation.

Yes Derek, I appreciate all the photography and I have made some changes with more to come.

To the others, the infantry you see is not all the infantry in the mod. There are several sets - much higher quality.

And DM rocks!

WH units in year 1944 use uniform M1943, color this uniforms do not grey:

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x104/petrtlach/ArmA201001044.jpg

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x104/petrtlach/ArmA201001045.jpg

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x104/petrtlach/ArmA201001047.jpg

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x104/petrtlach/ArmA201001049.jpg

And helm M42 its out of signs ( Regulation in year 1940 and 1943) and camo uniform use wehrmacht with camo M31 not this. This use at uniform M44 SS toups:

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x104/petrtlach/ArmA201001041.jpg

(model and texture by mod Czech-Slovakian Army 1938-1945 - prepare version 1.01 for ArmA)

Oldy41: Just before christmas Petrlach released a demo of his modification, but no many have noticed of it.

Can you send us a link for the Arma2 demo?

petrtlach

1) It is known the jacket in hte pic is SS camo. The helmet is not correct but a tested generic

2) This mod is not about getting every bolt exactly correct in every moment in the war.

3) For German legistlational reasons we have chosen not to include any swastikas (same is for SS sign afaik)

4) For practical reasons it is sensible to limit the number of game unit versions. This leads into some generalisations. Too many versions of a rifleman who's only difference is if he is carrying a M42 or M43 pee pot is hardly important...it is more like annoying when you are trying to pick units for your missions.

5) What is said in the books and what was in practise are two different things. Especially later in the war you can see Germans wearing parts of uniforms (like caps) and using equipment which should have been replaced at the time (maybe because of personal taste and familiarity)

Like Aqu said, this mod isn't about perfection or historical accuracy. Heck were including experimental weapons and aircraft that weren't part of the main war effort, or just an idea. I've stated that from day one of the arma1 thread. You're getting a ton of stuff. A huge map, lots of cool features, & lots of equipment. A collection of stuff that otherwise would have been lost in the hollows of disk fragmentation on our hard drives that would have never seen the light of the multiplayer game world. We don't claim to be a professional artists, 3d modelers, or computer programmers. We do this for fun, and were not going to spend weeks and weeks on a tiger or pz4 until it looks real. We just don't have the time. We have real lives, we are the average person, with family, pets, jobs, hobbies and occasionally we like to play online games. So quit yer complaining.

If you want stuff that looks real with correct lighting and is historically accurate, wait a while, I'm sure someone will put something out. It just won't be here. Thousands of downloads later, I had only a few handful of people that weren't happy and one threat from the ArmA1 mod.

I do thank the community. There has been many donations and contributions. There are some talented folks out there for sure.

So take what you get, and if you don't like it, "Oh Well" - Martin Gore( Depeche Mode )

Just to say RIP31st, im really looking forward to this mod, kepp up the good work, hopefully we'll all get a shot of this soon

Wait, this mod is out for Arma1 already ? I did find only some kind of beta..mmh

Wait, this mod is out for Arma1 already ? I did find only some kind of beta..mmh

yup www.armaholic.com > downloads > armed assault files > modules ... should be #1 :) right on the top.