Sign in to follow this  
Moosed

Avgani and Afghan Village

Hi

I have CAA1 installed all the vanilla arma maps appear (sahrani etc). now what i would like to do is get the maps Avgani and Afghan Village working.

I downloaded the maps from Armaholic but im not sure what to do with them.

i have folders called

Afghan Village 1.0

Avgani 1.5

opxbuildings

opxmisc

opxplants

opxroads

public key

there are various pbo and bisign files within each of these folders.

Where do i put these folders/files to get them to appear in the arma 2 editor like Sahrani etc does ?

Bare in mind i am pretty new to all of this so pls try and explain as if you were talking to a retard lol.

just put all those pbo and bisign files in with the rest of the files in the CAA1 folder and it should work fine, thats how i have it

cheers just tried that but when i load up either the maps in the editor i get a message about some horizon file being missing.

to be exact it says

No Entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWorlds/avgani/Weather/Overcast/Weather1.horizon'

and

No Entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWorlds/afghanvllage/Weather/Overcast/Weather1.horizon'

any idea how i can sort this out ?

I have a question regarding these islands - will they be ported to A2?

I'm not here long so I guess You guys know more.

They are excellent addons but unfortunately only available via caa1 atm, but a true conversion would be spot on, also along with Razani these would be very popular i think, wish i knew how to do it, still caa1 works fine.

Sadly a true ported A2 standalone version is unlikely to happen - it would probably require the original source files and definitely require the Authors permission.

Opteryx may change his mind about things in the future - I certainly hope so.

Meantime a basic CAA1 install plus Kju's replacement configs is the only option... a slight initial fuss to setup, but it gets you the A1 islands as well!

B

Edited by Bushlurker

Thanks for response - seems like Opteryx isn't interested in A2 port atm?

Thanks for response - seems like Opteryx isn't interested in A2 port atm?

Even worst, seems Opteryx is not interested anymore with island design.

I think with arrowhead we will get nice dessert maps, in the meantime avgani, afghan village and razani are good to play with caa1. (much more fps than on chernarus)

I would wish opteryx only wait for arrowhead with new models and stuff for dessert environments and then he may create new dessert maps. But thats only in my dreams i think.

where to find kju's replacement configs?the link I had is empty(((

ya I got it now,thx.but....hmmm,now there is a new trouble:I have never used unpbo program,which one do you suggest?is it simple to use?btw those files have to go all to each map(avgani and avgan village)?hw jibelmorel:W la France!!ahahhahha

pbo view great tool

google pbo view works for me great

save the file somewhere in for exmp. document file and everytime when u use it start aplication window shows up

browrse pbo that u want to unpack

Edited by SuperRat

Can I ask something? I've noticed replacement configs are actually smaller files then original? Also I get error on startup after replacing configs... I mean everything works fine but error pops out about that I need OPX buildings in order to run that addon or something like that... But I just press OK and everything loads out. Did I do something wrong?

Do you have OPX buildings ? You just need to add these configs along the others .pbo.

Edited by jibemorel

Yes, that is what I did, unpacked, added configs, packed back... I do have OPX buildings in @avgani (that's where I placed mod - maybe that's the problem?) it just appears for CAA1 that it isn't there...

Exact error is:

Addon 'caa1_opxbuildings' requires addon 'opxbuildings'

Wait... how did you get your CAA1? I got it via Yoma and my folder looks entirely different... And it didn't include Afgani, I got Afgani sepparately... from Armaholic

Me too, i added it manually of course, like this when i run CAA1, i run Avgani & Af. Vill. also, automatically.

I think I know what might be a problem lol... Instead of just adding those PBOs I unpacked them and I unpacked those from original and then I coppied config file from updated version replacing old ones in old version... Which I guess is not the right way to do it... So I'll redownload mod and then I guess I only have to add updated config PBOs to addon folder, right?

Yep, re-installed, did like you said and it works like a charm. No errors. Thank you! :D