Sign in to follow this  
daza

how to disable ingame speech/greetings?

The advanced search removed most of keywords. So i dont know if someone has already posted about this or not.

But is it possible to disable the auto-verbal greeting/talking you get when you walk up to a civilian or another solider? eg. a civ might greet the player, and the players character says back, "sorry i didnt understand". I want to stop that somehow...

The reason being is i'm creating a custom verbal conversation, and i dont want either ingame voices speaking over the top of the custom voices.

thanks for any suggestions

Daza

{
_x setVariable ["BIS_noCoreConversations",true];
} forEach allUnits;

That should work :)

Make a trigger with condition: true

And on act:

{_x setVariable ["BIS_noCoreConversations",true]} forEach allUnits

I put a bunch of soldiers together, made a trigger activated by "Anybody", wrote "true" in the "Condition" -field, and pasted what Celery posted into the "On Act" -field, word for word.

It didn't work. They still stood up and did that God-damn "Good morning, Sir." -routine. :icon_mad:

Edited by St!gar

No need to create a trigger (they are slow to fire at the start anyway). Just put that into init.sqf like Andy said.

Thanks. I did what you suggested, and that seems to have worked.

Quick question, though - What if I want to be able to use greetings with some units in the mission, but disable it for others? (I'm assuming the method Andy and the others suggested simply disables greetings completely.)

Edited by St!gar

If there aren't many of them, you can do something like this:

{
 if (!(_x in [unitname1,unitname2])) then {
   _x setVariable ["BIS_noCoreConversations",true];
 };
} foreach allunits;

Is there a way to get the player and all AI to stop calling out enemies? I cant even see the people that my character calls out sometimes. That is fake to me.

That has nothing to do with this topic.

Check the difficulty settings. Find 'autoreport'. Turn it off.

It is not possible to turn off all reporting. You can remove the sound effects by creating a sound mod.