Sign in to follow this  
tsb247

Am I crazy? (Buying empty units in Warfare)

For some reason, I remember being able to buy empty units in a warfare game on a previous version of ArmA 2.

It just occured to me today that a button for buying empty vehicles in the, "Buy," screen is not there.

Here's where I am confused. I distinctly remember being able to buy empty units at some point in time while playing the game. I remember a button near the, "Filter," at the bottom of the window. I'm not sure how long ago or what version, but I am sure I remember being able to do it at some point (maybe 'The Longest Day' in the demo?)

Was it removed with a patch (accidentally), and is there any knowledge as to whether or not it will be put back in? :confused:

Hmm... I dont remember "buy empty" units button at all in A2. I know there was in Arma 1. I liked the whole interface system in A1. Much more usefull. BE warfare is pretty cool but Im not sure you can buy empty units there either.

Where you select a vehicle there are some icons that symbolize the units in the vehicle, like a steering wheel. If you click on them they dim and the unit wont spawn. The price of the vehicle also drops.

At least thats the way it works in Warfare BE.

Where you select a vehicle there are some icons that symbolize the units in the vehicle, like a steering wheel. If you click on them they dim and the unit wont spawn. The price of the vehicle also drops.

At least thats the way it works in Warfare BE.

I'm speaking specifically of the stock Warfare - unmodded.

I love the mods, but I also enjoy the good 'ol bread and butter BIS Warfare, and I distinctly remember being able to build empty units at one time. Maybe I am remembering the original ArmA. However, I checked the ArmA 2 manual, and they speak of being able to do it here too.

It's a little frustrating that the feature is not there, and I am hoping they will add it back in. Warfare is my favorite game mode!