Sign in to follow this  
Ludovico Technique

Making an ACE invisible target disappear

Hokay, so here's the thing. I like the ACE invisible targets as they make aircraft carry out gloriously aggressive attacks on bunkers, buildings and anything else I care to have them blow up, but as anybody who has used them knows, they don't die. So for instance I mark an enemy bunker as an Opfor armoured target and a Cobra will fire a Hellfire at it, which is great, but unfortunately said Cobra will then fire all the rest of its Hellfires at it too.

What I really need is twofold, although both things are really similar, and any help is appreciated.

Firstly I want to know how to make an invisible target disappear on a trigger- the context for this would be as follows; a line of bunkers would have enemy infantry targets inside them, so that a close air support chopper will hit them with gunfire whether they are occupied or not, but I want the targets to be removed once a trigger is activated, probably a radio command or similar.

Secondly I want to know how to make an invisible target die when a specific object is destroyed. I suppose this probably uses the same command as the above example, but I figured I'd ask anyway (belt and braces approach). So what I'm thinking is to have a handful of laser targets dotted around an enemy base, each one close to an object such as a fuel truck similar, then when the plane has dropped a bomb on that laser target and destroyed the object I want the target to vanish.

Have a trigger to detect the destroyed target, then delete the invis target.

Could anybody explain how to do it step by step? Im a scripting noob and I have no idea how to link deleteVehicle script with object/tank so it will activate once it's destroyed.

For 1 target.Name the invis target.Set a trigger to radio alpha. On the onact put: deleteVehicle InvistargetsName

for more targets. Name the invis target.Set a trigger to radio alpha. On the onact put: {deleteVehicle _x} ForEach [tarname1,tarname2, ... etc etc];

Instead of radio trigger(s), you could use other conditions like !alive someObject

Edited by Iceman77

That !alive someObject thing sounds better. I want an invisible target to disappear right after t90 is eliminated so if I name the t90 "t1" the condition is going to look like "!alive t1"?