wich if its a normal if then check it should be like this

IF (triggeractivated _sTrig) THEN

with parenteces.

Edit: Also i always use:

if (anycondition) then {
run stuff;
};

@galzohar

Moving markers should work normally, but upsmon group will finish their last wp before you moved marker and then move onto new marker pos.

@both of you

UPSMon moves marker using asl to make it hidden(sets marker to be underground), thats why if you try and set a script created wp on pos of patrol marker it will be set to lowest, left corner of map (out of bounds)

To be able to use patrolmarker for anything in a script relying on position on patrol marker you need to use showmarker(wich will show marker) and markerAlpha way(wich hides marker from view, not moving it)

Edited by Demonized

its posible to put and squad already inside a vehicle and waiting for the reinforcement trigger to be activated? because Im making a mission and the terrain is sorrounded with water and they just get stuck there and then they dont mount into the vehicles :s

I tried with moveincargo after Upsmon commands but nothing happen, seems that upsmon doesnt work with BIS command together

misunderstanding on my part...

@rekrul

whats wrong with your script i believe is this:

IF triggeractivated _sTrig THEN

wich if its a normal if then check it should be like this

IF (triggeractivated _sTrig) THEN

with parenteces.

Edit: Also i always use:

if (anycondition) then {
run stuff;
};

@galzohar

Moving markers should work normally, but upsmon group will finish their last wp before you moved marker and then move onto new marker pos.

@both of you

UPSMon moves marker using asl to make it hidden(sets marker to be underground), thats why if you try and set a script created wp on pos of patrol marker it will be set to lowest, left corner of map (out of bounds)

To be able to use patrolmarker for anything in a script relying on position on patrol marker you need to use showmarker(wich will show marker) and markerAlpha way(wich hides marker from view, not moving it)

I think you're confusing me with someone else, as I don't have any triggers in my mission.

Also, as I've said before, I've tried with the markers both visible (when doing SP testing and in editor) and invisible (MP testing), so I'm not sure if that is what you're referring to.

its posible to put and squad already inside a vehicle and waiting for the reinforcement trigger to be activated? because Im making a mission and the terrain is sorrounded with water and they just get stuck there and then they dont mount into the vehicles :s

I tried with moveincargo after Upsmon commands but nothing happen, seems that upsmon doesnt work with BIS command together

If you have a empty vehicle near a upsmon squad and the reinforcement is activated, they will mount nearest vehicle if reinforcement area is so and so far away.

When it comes to water there may be trouble, ive never noticed but place squad in boat before using upsmon on them.

put this in leader initline:

{_x moveInCargo nameofboat} forEach Units Group this; this moveInDriver nameofboat;

And in upsmon init of that group use the "nomove" parameter.

this way group will stay in boat not moving until reinforcement is activated, then they will move to area and do as normal.

maybe you need a marker over their start pos to make them wait there. experiment.

Yes, thanks. I put "this moveincargo heli1" in every unit and it works

---------- Post added at 04:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 PM ----------

I have another problem, yes sry im new in this.

I want to use Opfor not present, once to activate a trigger, also I put a countdown to delay it. Then, I kill all the opfors in the trigger area, but the reinforcement dont do anything, they not move.

I treid also seized by bluofor, and nothing :(

The only that seems to work for me is blufor present

another question; how can I turn on a message so i can know when the trigger is activated. Because I set on effects type TEXT and nothing happen

Yes ive noticed something different with triggers after patch 1.57.

seems like repeating triggers are now on off and not repeating.

if i set condition to alive player and 1 sec timeout and repeating it activates once, then if i exit trigger area and come back in it fires again.

For messages:

add this in trigger to get message or in script

hint "any text here is showed onscreen top right";

You can also set text in trigger where you select sounds.

@Rekrul

Ok then, if i understand correctly:

You want to move markers that a upsmon group is patrolling and then the upsmon group should move to that new marker position and continue their patrol there? right?

I dont know what you guys are doing wrong.

Ive moved markers several ways and it works for me.

example:

I move the patrolmarker to another empty markers position without using markerAlpha method and marker is moved but is now showing ingame on map.(this because upsmon doesnt make markers invicible but it puts them underground, and you now have moved it on top of ground)

a few secs after move, group mounts the empty vehicles ive put down and moves to new pos, this is confirmed visually and with upsmon debug on(shows group pos and its wp)

using this to movemarker, 2 types both works:

in trigger version i have

"patrolmarker" setMarkerPos getMarkerPos "emptymarker"

in script version i used trigger with

_null = ["patrolmarker","emptymarker"] execVM "myscript.sqf"

and myscript.sqf is

_patrolmarker = _this select 0;
_movetohere = _this select 1;

_patrolmarker setMarkerPos getMarkerPos _movetohere;

With the above the patrol marker is again visible for the players once its moved.

using "showmarker" and markerAlpha method described earlyer, makes marke always invicible even when moving.

Edit: here is demo mission on PMC map with baf units, should work for A2 only and OA only.

http://www.4shared.com/file/AyZK03D2/UPSMON_moving_patrolareaProvin.html

Edited by Demonized
added demo mission

How would i do to make clone squads act as reinforcements?

I have this in my squad leaders init line:

nul=[this,"area1","nomove","reinforcement:",1,"min:",1,"max:",3] execVM "scripts\UPSMON.sqf";  

This makes his squad go off and reinforce just fine but the ranomly numberd clone squads just stands about where they started.

Can i use the "Init:" command for this? In that case how, i never understood how it works. No matter what i typed in behind it, it either didnt do anything or it broke the clones alltogether.

How would i do to make clone squads act as reinforcements?

I have this in my squad leaders init line:

nul=[this,"area1","nomove","reinforcement:",1,"min:",1,"max:",3] execVM "scripts\UPSMON.sqf";  

This makes his squad go off and reinforce just fine but the ranomly numberd clone squads just stands about where they started.

Can i use the "Init:" command for this? In that case how, i never understood how it works. No matter what i typed in behind it, it either didnt do anything or it broke the clones alltogether.

I believe you need to fire the reinforce trigger again after group has spawned, simply use repeating triggers.

Is there anything that initializes the KRON_UPS_reinforcement1 variable to false? Because if not, there is no reason to need to set it to true again.

Is there anything that initializes the KRON_UPS_reinforcement1 variable to false? Because if not, there is no reason to need to set it to true again.

Well the mission maker does this,

having it go true when a condition is true, then set it to false when condition is no longer true.

Like bluefor detected, repeated, on activate set reinforce thingy to true.

on deactivate set it to false.

nvm, yeah check your mission trigger or whatever if it sets it back to false, probably you need to use the "spawned" param since they respawn, aka spawn.

Edited by Demonized

Is there a way to make the respawning groups come from a location different to their initial placement? I.e. when they die, have them rush up from behind their front line, so they don't magically appear in front of the player.

And, similarly, when a group set to 'random' respawns, it first respawns in its initial position, then gets randomly placed for its new instance. Is there a way to stop all this?

Cheers.

Hi, Is Monsada still around or someone else took over maintaining the script?

Is there a way to make the respawning groups come from a location different to their initial placement? I.e. when they die, have them rush up from behind their front line, so they don't magically appear in front of the player.

Well i would in editor, create the groups where you want hem to come in from, behind their front line.

Name the group.

Then on mission start have a trigger timeout 1 second not repeated run this in onactivate:

{_x setPos (getMarkerPos "startmissionpatrolareamarker")} foreach units grpname

can alos use (getPos anyobject) etc..

And, similarly, when a group set to 'random' respawns, it first respawns in its initial position, then gets randomly placed for its new instance. Is there a way to stop all this?

Not sure about this, i tougt they did spawn at their original pos when upsmon script was started, and not random placement, maybe check your use of random??

Hi, Is Monsada still around or someone else took over maintaining the script?

Havent seen any updates on UPSMON for a long time, no other have been apointed by monsada to conrinue work on UPSMON afaik.

Edited by Demonized

Havent seen any updates on UPSMON for a long time, no other have been apointed by monsada to conrinue work on UPSMON afaik.

Well I remeber I used to see alot of smoke grenades thrown by the AI. Now I don't see it anymore. Is it just me? I'll check the script when i'll get home.

Cheers for that first one - I'll have a look.

Not sure about this, i tougt they did spawn at their original pos when upsmon script was started, and not random placement, maybe check your use of random??

What I mean with my other point is that when you have 'respawn' enabled, the AI groups will be recreated first at their original position, and THEN moved to a 'random pos'. This isn't at game start - this is after the units have died, and have been respawned.

It would be nice to first place the AI within the zone as random, but have them respawn to their original, and NOT be placed random, so I can have them run from behind their own line (like we discussed earlier) instead of being randomly spawned in front of the player, etc.

Hope that clears it up :)

EDIT:

Actually, when a unit respawns back behind its own lines, is it possible to get it to charge up to the front again? I'm guessing increasing unit share distance would work, but then they're use COMBAT mode, and take forever to get there. Maybe I could respawn 'reinforcement' squads? Is it possible to respawn as a different type/functionality?

Edited by HateDread

Monsada seemed to have stopped working on it due to lack of time (you can dig back and find his post(s)). He was looking for someone to take over the project but nobody seemed to have done so.

As for smoke grenades, Zeus AI already makes them throw more than enough smoke, and Zeus AI actually makes them only throw smoke that they actually have in their inventory. Not sure what happened to the original UPS smoke though.

As for smoke grenades, Zeus AI already makes them throw more than enough smoke, and Zeus AI actually makes them only throw smoke that they actually have in their inventory. Not sure what happened to the original UPS smoke though.

I prefer not to use another AI enhanchment if I can avoid it.

I changed the UPSMON script now the AI throw smoke grenades again.

AI will throw smoke grenade if:

1. Got hit 20% of smoking.

2. Got hit and can't walk 100% of smoking.

Test it out and let me know if it need to be changed.

http://www.filefront.com/17780283/UPSMON.rar

Zeus AI does a lot more than just smoke. It reconfigures the AI abilities (accuracy, detection) to much more realistic levels, and helps them do stuff like find cover in rather impressive ways (they actually go on the other side of the wall when they go to take cover, unlike in some other games...).

But then again Zeus AI does some things that UPSMON is already doing, which can sometimes cause a bit of a mess with somewhat conflicting orders, but mostly works alright, and will probably be improved with time (since Zeus AI is still being developed).

Cheers for that first one - I'll have a look.

What I mean with my other point is that when you have 'respawn' enabled, the AI groups will be recreated first at their original position, and THEN moved to a 'random pos'. This isn't at game start - this is after the units have died, and have been respawned.

It would be nice to first place the AI within the zone as random, but have them respawn to their original, and NOT be placed random, so I can have them run from behind their own line (like we discussed earlier) instead of being randomly spawned in front of the player, etc.

Hope that clears it up :)

EDIT:

Actually, when a unit respawns back behind its own lines, is it possible to get it to charge up to the front again? I'm guessing increasing unit share distance would work, but then they're use COMBAT mode, and take forever to get there. Maybe I could respawn 'reinforcement' squads? Is it possible to respawn as a different type/functionality?

In addition to the above, I must also ask, what is more efficient re. markers - if I have a village/town to defend, should I have 'TownFront' marker, and 'TownRear' marker, with units allocated to patrol each, or would UPSMON work better if I just had one marker encompassing the whole thing, i.e. a 'Town' marker?

Okay - this one is doing my head in big time...

From Monsada himself:

SAMPLES OF USAGE OF KRON_UPS_closeenough:

-Is used in formula to set get out dist when in vehicle.

-Is used in formula to know if arrived to destination.

-Is used in flanking formulas, more close more agressive.

- Used for determine when lay mines.

- used for determining when is too close to enemy to avoid get in vehicles.

- Only close to target buildings are patrolled.

- When close to target increased suppress fire manauvers

The thing is, this means a tank crew will dismount when they're < KRON_UPS_closeenough from target. In my case, leaving it as default, means that a tank crew will halt their tank when they're less than 300m from a single soldier, and throw the 'X: Getting out of vehicle' debug line, and then refuse to follow anymore waypoints.

This makes absolutely no sense in an urban situation. Monsada himself said not to change this variable, but how else do I get the vehicles to move closer, to a sensible engagement range in an urban environment?

I believe you need to fire the reinforce trigger again after group has spawned, simply use repeating triggers.

Thanks for your response.

I only fired it once, but i always made sure the clone squads had spawned before sending for reinforcements. I tryed this several times but it never worked