Sign in to follow this  
Monsada

UPSMON - Urban Patrol Script Mon

No beta before, now beta, but I havn't checked if it changed anything, found another solution for that.

Just struggling into the next problem. Transformed the whole mission to an HC-mission, but it seems upsmon doesn't work with HC created units. Or do I have to do something special to get it working? (Add "spawn" or however the param was called?)

I'm afraid that's not the way UPSMON works mate. You seem to be failing to grasp the whole concept here. The script controls the units, it doesn't only make the better while they play along with whatever you want them to do. By definition, the only order you can give to UPSMON units is what area you want them to operate (the marker), and that's it. From that point on, UPSMON takes complete control, and your giving the units further individual order will only make things don't work the way the were supposed to (by you, or Monsada). From my experience, UPSMON units are the most challenging force you will fight in the Armaverse (along with GL4 maybe), but the script is intrusive as hell, and that's the way it's supposed to be.

If you want to use HC to move their area of operation, that's not gonna happen. There are ways for that, but HC is not gonna work.

Cheers.

HC = Headless Client. It doesn't work with groups spawned via Headless Client, they have no waypoints and I don't want them to do anything. But UPSMON doesn't take control of them, at least when it runs in the usual way. I don't think I'm the first one with that problem.

HC used to be "High Command", sorry :). I was aware of the new meaning but from the context I though you were talking of the former. OK then, so you do grasp the whole concept :). Regarding your issue, and considering a long time has passed since I look through the code, I remember it was designed for a SP, "hosted" multiplayer, or a dedicated server environment only. It would be no surprise that the new HC system would run some interference there. Adapting the code would be your only help.

If I run upsmon in debug while using it, the markers show up, but disappear a second later. Any idea where I could start to get it fixed?

I'm afraid not. You could take a look at the beginning of the code, to see whether some of the server/client checks may be going astray due to the HC involvement. If you cannot sort it out there, your chances of a quick fix go down quickly. Maybe someone more involved with the project could step in and lend you a hand? Everybody is kind of obsessed with the A3 train right now though.

Yeah there's an part that stops the script when not running on the server. When I change that and move the script over to the HC, when the unit is running on the HC it could work.

Im having problems with UPSMON debug markes that show where the AI have spotted the players? It gets a red dot for every place where they have seen us on the map. I checked and UPSMON_Debug = 0; Any suggestions?

Having problems using UPSMON with ALIVE on ArmA 3, they don't seem to want to work together although they work perfectly individually.

All of the sudden I am getting a constant stream of error messages on all of my missions that use UPSMON. I have ARMA 2 on steam.

Maybe there was an ARMA2 patch through Steam that messed it up? Is there an UPSMON update out there? I can't find it if there is. Everything seems to be working, but something is not right.

the "undefined variable" errors are just informative.. they shouldn't actually break the script. It's very annoying but you can work around it by not using the -showScriptErrors param and using -noLogs param on your server.

the "undefined variable" errors are just informative.. they shouldn't actually break the script.

You know when it first became an issue, I went for that argument too, but, as the time passed I've found out that many of the "informative" warning messages were indeed due to errors that led to unintended behaviour. I found that in both, my own scripts, and others, the most remarkable case was JSRS, to remove the warnings, I had to correct mistakes.

OK well good to know.. .I guess I've been lucky so far in that scripts I've tried have been fine (DAC)

Hi! I have problem with UPSMON. After 5-10 minuts of playing, arma is freezing, and i can't do anything. Here is my mission

https://www.sendspace.com/file/k2pxlf can someone check it ? I think that i do something wrong with init.sqf of initUPSMON, i ain't sure.

Cheers

@Edit I found solution for my problem. There was a little mistake in Init.sqf.

Edited by Antek

How can I get it to stop spamming in my chat about such and such? I tried to see if there was a debug or whatever to disable in the chat but I cant find. Mind telling me how? thanks :)

Example of what I mean:

wr_zps9839cb8c.jpg

I just got the hang on UPSMON and i really adore it. However i got some issues i don't know how to deal with:

1) Larger Vehicles such as Tanks often get stationary for no reason and stop moving. 
2) I cannot put additional soldiers in a vehicle's cargo without breaking the script. As soon as i do so every soldier is dismounting, even the crew. This happens no matter if i group the additional units to the vehicle's crew or not.

I would greatly appreciate any help with that.

Hey,

I am using UPSMON 5.1 for ARMA2OA for a while and I have to say it is the most awesome AI patrol script out there!

I have a small problem, most of the time my helicopter who is used by UPSMON reinforcements refuses to land again after contact. RPT log shows  this:

Spoiler

Error in expression <se;
};    

if (_inheli) then {
_landing = _heli getVariable "UPSMON_landing";
if (>
  Error position: <_heli getVariable "UPSMON_landing";
if (>
  Error Undefined variable in expression: _heli
File D:\Eigene Dateien\Documents\ArmA 2\missions\OP%20GECKOHUNT%20v2%2e0%2e5%20Final.Takistan\scripts\upsmon.sqf, line 1470

So I checked out this part and the whole file and I honestly have no clue how to fix it.

Can anybody help out? Would be a huge improvement to my map if the chopper actually lands again ....

It does land from time to time to drop of units and even manages to land at his spawn rarely.

Most of the time it is just hovering over a position for a long amount of time and gets send a bit by UPSMON unstuck .. to the point it reaches the edge of the map.

Thanks in advance