Sign in to follow this  
Monsada

UPSMON - Urban Patrol Script Mon

Anyway, the script runs well enough for many of us.
I'll second that, while its not perfect, I believe for what it adds to firefights it well worth it, and i enjoy using it.

After using it for sometime, my improvement wish list would include....

- shared distance for each group rather than everyone in script

- a way to release groups from script (might exist?)

- group commanders that don't issue engage out of marker area (so group stays put) better than nomove

- ways to alter morale

- set group share distance of morale (this would be great)

Just if anyone is going to make another branch :D

I'll second that, while its not perfect, I believe for what it adds to firefights it well worth it, and i enjoy using it.

After using it for sometime, my improvement wish list would include....

- shared distance for each group rather than everyone in script

- a way to release groups from script (might exist?)

- group commanders that don't issue engage out of marker area (so group stays put) better than nomove

- ways to alter morale

- set group share distance of morale (this would be great)

Just if anyone is going to make another branch :D

I've used upsmon a good bit as well and its a very good compliment for the arma AI. by the way, some of the things you mentioned are adjustable in upsmon. shared distance can be set, group commander wont follow out of area if "nofollow" command is used, yep - cant really do anything with moral thru upsmon but the AI fsm in arma supposedly have that built into them. but you cant alter them.

shared distance can be set, group commander wont follow out of area if "nofollow" command is used
Yes, but i'm talking about setting differently for each group (like qrf at 1000 and infantry at 300) or having some groups out of the loop, something like "noradio", would be nice. Also with nofollow, your right the commander doesn't move, but all his men do, because he's telling them to engage outside of the marker area.

if you think your fixes are good then you really should slap it on devheaven as UPSMON fork ...

I will need to look into this one. UPSMON (the adjusted version) is part of my AI framework (dynamic & static spawning of AI, based on a grid setup), and due to that relies on some other stuff in that fw.

What i did fix/reimplement is:

- optimized/implemented it to be run on dedicated servers only.

- ability to remove a group from upsmon

- ability to suspend upsmon for a group as long as needed

- fixed the respawn logic (loadouts/ehs, removed the "inverting area coordinates" functionality etc.)

- fixed a couple of bugs, cleaned up

To make it clear - i don't intend to bash on the original script, without it a lot of people wouldn't have had the fun they had with AI.

Let me see what the future and my time will bring, eventually i will take it on to host a new version on github, can't promise anything though.

Thx & cheers, Sarge

Hello, I'm posting here for a friend who doesn't have a Reddit account. Here is his problem:

I used to create and edit missions for Arma 3 using a software called UPSMon which uses .sqf files. It helps a lot creating random pratrols and AI behavior for my missions. With the last update released today, my missions stoped working.

Is it because of the anti-hacking measures that BIS is taking? Or is this something that the UPSMon devs can fix later to work with the last update? Does anybody know an alternate software I can use?

Thank you for your attention, I hope I can get an answear.

:(

is UPSMON losting support for arma3?

It's because setVehicleInit and associated commands have been removed, largely as a result of anti-hacking measures I believe.

Many mission makers, such as myself have modified UPSMON to work around the issue. My UPSMON edit is tied to a framework my group uses, so its not so straight forward to share, plus I'm not sure if I'm allowed to distribute it (edited UPSMON).

My fix is basically to write a function that mimics setVehicleInit, so its a simple drop in replacement for any script broken by the patch.

hey,

is there a solution to get occupied vehicles spawned with UPSspawn?

if i try to spawn a template which includes 2 occupied vehicles, upsmon spwans the vehicles and the crew outside, then the crew moves to his area but the vehicles stay empty. The template itself works fine because the allready in the mission without being spawned.

would be nice if anyone has an idea.

hey,

is there a solution to get occupied vehicles spawned with UPSspawn?

if i try to spawn a template which includes 2 occupied vehicles, upsmon spwans the vehicles and the crew outside, then the crew moves to his area but the vehicles stay empty. The template itself works fine because the allready in the mission without being spawned.

would be nice if anyone has an idea.

It would be nice if someone has a solution for this problem. I have the same problem with respawn of Vehicles.

Hi jgaz-uk, would be very kind of you if you could check the link, gives me a 404 error ?

Cheers,

OP

Same here, which version of UPS should I use for the non dev version of Arma 3?

Ignore question - found it.

Edited by dale0404

Same here, which version of UPS should I use for the non dev version of Arma 3?

Ignore question - found it.

Maybe share the solution with those who might look here for it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JX2iqkQMEFg

The ArmA alpha currently doesn't have Parachutes for units, So UPSMON just throws them out of the chopper to their death. Oh the humanity! :butbut:

Using the following in my trigger:

KRON_UPS_reinforcement2 = true; KRON_UPS_reinforcement2_pos = getMarkerPos "mkr2"; nul=[FireTeamAlpha,"mkr2","nowait","noveh","delete:",300,"respawn:",995,"combat","reinforcement:",2] execVM "scripts\UPSMON.sqf"; 

Despite using "noveh", they flock to the chopper and take off.

Is their a way to force the squad to not paradrop, but still use the chopper for attack?

//    noveh       = the group will not search for transport vehicles (unless in fight and only combat vehicles)

In the above variable, it states that they aren't to use transport, so I guess Choppers for paradrop doesn't apply?

I have also set the distance to 5 meters in the init_UPSMON.sqf.

//Max distance to target for doing para-drop, will be randomised between 0 and 100% of this value.
KRON_UPS_paradropdist = 5;

This still doesn't seem to fix it.

I have a fix below that allows them to actually have parachutes, but it requires All In Arma mod, and Arma CO. It is cool to see them jump out and not fall to their death.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eT3gthLRq1E

Does anyone know how to turn paradrop off in the Alpha? Edited by neven
words

I will need to look into this one. UPSMON (the adjusted version) is part of my AI framework (dynamic & static spawning of AI, based on a grid setup), and due to that relies on some other stuff in that fw.

What i did fix/reimplement is:

- optimized/implemented it to be run on dedicated servers only.

- ability to remove a group from upsmon

- ability to suspend upsmon for a group as long as needed

- fixed the respawn logic (loadouts/ehs, removed the "inverting area coordinates" functionality etc.)

- fixed a couple of bugs, cleaned up

To make it clear - i don't intend to bash on the original script, without it a lot of people wouldn't have had the fun they had with AI.

Let me see what the future and my time will bring, eventually i will take it on to host a new version on github, can't promise anything though.

Thx & cheers, Sarge

Great !

I'm eager to see it.

Will.

How do you get the "Nofollow" parameter to work with helicopters? Both within and outside of groups they don't seem to care, they immediately go far outside the marker area whenever some faraway enemy is spotted. =S

Hi. I recently had a chance to try UPSMON. So far it's awesome. Regarding fortify, is there any parameter to set the maximum distance a unit can look for a building / static to fortify? For example, I want units to primarily fortify a mosque, but they seem to detect and occupy buildings farther away. While only a couple units will occupy the mosque.

In UPSMON.sqf file change line number 537 to _buildingdist= 20; and make sure group leader is roughly in the center of the mosque.

I also changed line 564 to _minreact = KRON_UPS_minreact * 3000;, I think this makes enemies less inclined to abandon the building and follow you out of it, but still being effective in combat.

Guys, I have a problem with upsmon on A2. First of all I have 2 squads moved into the cargo space of a helicopter and they don't parajump in the way they should, they simply stay in there. And the 2nd problem I have is that the AI leaves it's vehicle when added to UPSMON, so the map is full of crewman and empty tanks. Anybody with the same problem and/or an solution?

Guys, I have a problem with upsmon on A2. First of all I have 2 squads moved into the cargo space of a helicopter and they don't parajump in the way they should, they simply stay in there. And the 2nd problem I have is that the AI leaves it's vehicle when added to UPSMON, so the map is full of crewman and empty tanks. Anybody with the same problem and/or an solution?

Check with 1.62 (I mean no betas) and no mods, if the problem persist you must be setting something wrong (like giving the UPS patrols waypoints and such).

the problem your experiancing is 1 I ran into a while back. upsmon controls the AI, plain and simple no getting around it. you may want them to jump out but upsmon turns right around and says no don't jump, im taking you guys here to do this instead. if you want to do specific things like your para jump, they can NOT be upsmon controlled. you would have to put in helo, give waypoints then issue commands for jump then delete it. upsmon may still even effect that because it grabs all units on the battlefield. I was able to assign vehicles to upsmon units but IT still choose if unit would/when actually use it. hopefully this info helps a little and hope you get your problem sorted. upsmon is a great resource.

upsmon may still even effect that because it grabs all units on the battlefield.

No, it doesn't.

at the end of the upsmon init.sqf it looks like it does, that's why I said that.

// ***********************************************************************************************************	
//									  INITIALIZATION  OF UPSMON
// ***********************************************************************************************************		

_l = allunits + vehicles;
{
	if ((_x iskindof "AllVehicles") && (side _x != civilian)) then {
		_s = side _x;
		switch (_s) do {
			case west: 
				{ KRON_AllWest=KRON_AllWest+[_x]; };
			case east: 
				{ KRON_AllEast=KRON_AllEast+[_x]; };
			case resistance: 
				{ KRON_AllRes=KRON_AllRes+[_x]; };
		};
	};
} forEach _l;
_l = nil;

if (isNil("KRON_UPS_Debug")) then {KRON_UPS_Debug=0};

KRON_UPS_East_enemies = KRON_AllWest;
KRON_UPS_West_enemies = KRON_AllEast;

if (east in KRON_UPS_Res_enemy ) then {	
	KRON_UPS_East_enemies = KRON_UPS_East_enemies+KRON_AllRes;
	KRON_UPS_Guer_enemies = KRON_AllEast;
} else {
	KRON_UPS_East_friends = KRON_UPS_East_friends+KRON_AllRes;
	KRON_UPS_Guer_friends = KRON_AllEast;
}; 

if (west in KRON_UPS_Res_enemy ) then {
	KRON_UPS_West_enemies = KRON_UPS_West_enemies+KRON_AllRes;
	KRON_UPS_Guer_enemies = KRON_UPS_Guer_enemies+KRON_AllWest;
} else {
	KRON_UPS_West_friends = KRON_UPS_West_friends+KRON_AllRes;
	KRON_UPS_Guer_friends = KRON_UPS_Guer_friends+KRON_AllWest;
};

KRON_UPS_West_Total = count KRON_AllWest;		
KRON_UPS_East_Total = count KRON_AllEast;
KRON_UPS_Guer_Total = count KRON_AllRes;	

Nah. The problem is I want to them to stay in their tanks, but they leave them, even when they have enough fuel and the whole thing is fine and they are not stuck in somewhere. Sometimes they don't do it, sometimes they do. I'm totally confused by this behavior.

Nah. The problem is I want to them to stay in their tanks, but they leave them, even when they have enough fuel and the whole thing is fine and they are not stuck in somewhere. Sometimes they don't do it, sometimes they do. I'm totally confused by this behavior.

Beta or no beta?

---------- Post added at 08:31 ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 ----------

at the end of the upsmon init.sqf it looks like it does, that's why I said that.

That's just UPSMON classifying all units, to adjust their own units responses/behavior. It sort of cheats in some way, but only to simulate a better understanding of the battlefield, on behalf of the unit's it has under control (flanking and suppressing, both needs that kind of information, IIRC).