Sign in to follow this  
Monsada

UPSMON - Urban Patrol Script Mon

Without ambush would they do anything?

Without ambush they behave fine as there are shitload of them.

I double checked..its something specific in the mission because when I load a empty mission on Fallujah and set an ambush/2 it works perfectly fine.

Sigh...back to figuring out WTF is wrong with my mission.

I did more testing, the AIs react to infantry but not vehicles - I parked my Humvee right infront of them and they did nothing..once I exited it the "enemy detected" message came up and they started firing on me..any ideas why?the Humvee is not set to captive or anything...its the armored one from ArmA2.

Humvee named trk4, init

this addMagazineCargo ["200Rnd_556x45_M249",13];  this addMagazineCargo ["30Rnd_556x45_Stanag",23];  this addMagazineCargo ["SmokeShell",7];  this addMagazineCargo ["SmokeShellBlue",4];veh = [this, 300, 0, 1, FALSE, FALSE] execVM "vehicle.sqf"; this addweaponcargo ["ACE_Stretcher",1];

the vehicle.sqf is Tophe's simple respawn script, nothing about captive there.

I even tried with a brand new placed vehicle without any init or name, same issue..AI does not react,

Ofcourse if its a brand new mission the AIs will react to the vehicle..I'm lost - no idea why its happening :(

Edited by ZZEZ

Without ambush they behave fine as there are shitload of them.

I double checked..its something specific in the mission because when I load a empty mission on Fallujah and set an ambush/2 it works perfectly fine.

Sigh...back to figuring out WTF is wrong with my mission.

I did more testing, the AIs react to infantry but not vehicles - I parked my Humvee right infront of them and they did nothing..once I exited it the "enemy detected" message came up and they started firing on me..any ideas why?the Humvee is not set to captive or anything...its the armored one from ArmA2.

Humvee named trk4, init

this addMagazineCargo ["200Rnd_556x45_M249",13];  this addMagazineCargo ["30Rnd_556x45_Stanag",23];  this addMagazineCargo ["SmokeShell",7];  this addMagazineCargo ["SmokeShellBlue",4];veh = [this, 300, 0, 1, FALSE, FALSE] execVM "vehicle.sqf"; this addweaponcargo ["ACE_Stretcher",1];

the vehicle.sqf is Tophe's simple respawn script, nothing about captive there.

I even tried with a brand new placed vehicle without any init or name, same issue..AI does not react,

Ofcourse if its a brand new mission the AIs will react to the vehicle..I'm lost - no idea why its happening :(

If i understand you have test it on falulla and ambush works fine, then the problem is in your mission, so without sample mission could see nothing. As told Rafalsky provide the sample mission so we can check it.

After enough testing I found out whats causing it, its the night time..when I change from night to day suddenly the ambush works - back to night and the AI can't spot you even that your standing infront of them and shooting at them, the date is August 16 at 00:00

Any ideas how to solve this without giving the AI night vision or changing the date?

Again - they react and identify infantry correctly but they do not identify vehicles at all unless the vehicle is shooting at them and hitting[shooting near them won't make it detect] at night time - during the day they are fine.

Edited by ZZEZ

Any ideas how to solve this without giving the AI night vision or changing the date?

you can try my AI shoot flates script, wich worked with UPSMON.

then AI will shoot flares when enemy is detected, also there is an ambush mode with x amount meters distance before shooting, wich you can use with same distance used in UPSMON.

you can try my AI shoot flates script, wich worked with UPSMON.

then AI will shoot flares when enemy is detected, also there is an ambush mode with x amount meters distance before shooting, wich you can use with same distance used in UPSMON.

Yeah but the issue is - the AI does not detect enemies as long as they are in vehicles[or taking fire from the vehicles]...you can park the Humvee with the lights on directly in-front of them and they won't react they'll just keep on scanning :)

I don't think AI ever cared about vehicle lights, but rather just care about time of day and date?...

Does the "cycle:",x parameter from the old UPS still work with UPSMON?

CYCLE:x = By default there is a 5 second delay between test cycles in this sript.

If you want a short one (for very crucial or fast moving units for example) or think a unit will do fine with a longer one (slow-moving, non-critical units) it can be overridden via this argument. (Any units that come across a new "danger situation" will temporarily get shorter cycles, independently of this setting.)

nul=[this,"Alpha","CYCLE:",2] execVM "ups.sqf"

^quoted from UPS readme.

@tod

yes it's works. (I hope :) )

PS: default is KRON_UPS_Cycle in init_upsmon.sqf

In a self-made mission where the player is the fire team leader of a group that is heli-dropped on the beach: How do I run UPSMON on the AI in my fire team? I've used the landing way-point/trigger to trigger UPSMON but can only get it to run when I am NOT the leader of the group.

Is there some way around this that I missed in a previous post; and if not, has anyone found a way around this?

This is what I put in the wp/trigger: nul=[(units group1) select 0,"town"] execVM "scripts\upsmon.sqf"

That has worked in many instances, but not when player = fire team leader.

In a self-made mission where the player is the fire team leader of a group that is heli-dropped on the beach: How do I run UPSMON on the AI in my fire team? I've used the landing way-point/trigger to trigger UPSMON but can only get it to run when I am NOT the leader of the group.

Is there some way around this that I missed in a previous post; and if not, has anyone found a way around this?

This is what I put in the wp/trigger: nul=[(units group1) select 0,"town"] execVM "scripts\upsmon.sqf"

That has worked in many instances, but not when player = fire team leader.

UPSMON has no sense if player is the leader because leader is who orders fire team soldiers.

UPSMON does not control team members, it's control Team Leader and the members just follow the leader.. so I you are TL USPMON has nothing to do in your team.

BTW.UPSMON will run on teams when you are team member but the moment you become TL it basically stop working. (not tested much as it should work only with AI)

PS. post written same time as Monsada :)

^Copy that; thanks for the replies. I have been playing missions with UPSMON where the player is NOT the TL and I can verify that UPSMON runs on the squad. And you are correct in that the moment player become TL (due to death/attrition) UPSMON stops running on that particular squad.

In fact, I just ran a test: I created a three man team running UPSMON. The rifleman was selected as player, a medic and the TL were playable. Once UPSMON had activated I could not select the TL as playable in the team menu.

Funny thing, while I was playing as a rifleman in a UPSMON controlled group, we were being suppressed and I was firing back blindly, when all of a sudden the character I was controlling stops shooting and throws smoke without me. It was like he was saying, "Seriously dude, you're gonna get me killed."

Edited by tod

I am still having an issue when using Armour and UPSMON - when I spawn a template back in they all jump out of the vehicles and walk around and patrol, so i have crew patrolingand not the vehicles.

The patrol area is 500x500 but have tried 1000x1000 still no joy

3 x T55 :- they patrol fine

nul=[this,"marker_start","showmarker","delete:",300,"template:",1] execvm "scripts\UPSMON.sqf";

Spawn :- all crew jump out !

nul = [1,getMarkerPos "checkpoint",2,["check1","move","spawned","delete:",300]] execVM "SCRIPTS\UPSMON\MON_SPAWN.SQF";

Any suggestions ?

When spawned a group with vehicles, soldiers and crew are created out of vehicle, then when leader orders to move to any position all will get inside.

I don't understand if that is the problem or maybe when squad are moving they get out with no sense.

The last I have seen some time when leader has contact to enemy.

Thanks for the reply,

I am spawning with no enemy on the map as a test and still have the same issue - if I spawn a template with say jeeps they get in and drive about, but any heaver armour they do not get in, they leave the tank and go on foot.

Does it work for you if you spawn a group of tanks as a template ?

Anyone else have this issue? Is there a work around?

This link shows you them just walking away from the tanks to patrol on foot !

http://img219.imageshack.us/i/arma2oa2011042816233548.png/

Edited by psvialli

psvialli Thanks for the reply,

I am spawning with no enemy on the map as a test and still have the same issue - if I spawn a template with say jeeps they get in and drive about, but any heaver armour they do not get in, they leave the tank and go on foot.

Does it work for you if you spawn a group of tanks as a template ?

Anyone else have this issue? Is there a work around?

This link shows you them just walking away from the tanks to patrol on foot !

i have the same prob, i found 1 solution, i have change KRON_UPS_searchVehicledist to 1, but it give me some unit Stucked moving error in DEBUG MODE :) but i am doing with and it's work :) Thanks MONSADA for this awesome script

Hi Monsada,

I'm using this function in initialization of opfor team:

nul=[this,"area1","respawn","aware","delete:",15] execVM "scripts\upsmon.sqf";

the problem is, that opfor team, only respawn a once in the area1, not indefinitely. What's the problem here?

Ps. I'm tested in 509 e 507. =(

Best Regards

D3lta

Edited by D3lta

Note: respawn works if no enemy around. (if you killed the team you could be the enemy)

Note: respawn works if no enemy around. (if you killed the team you could be the enemy)

Thanks Rafalski

Right, but what distance I need to get away from attack point for correct opfor team respawn ? I

how I indicate the respawn location? Is the first plot position Team?

I noticed too, that delete command only works a once with a opfor team, after the died corpses don't disappear more......

Ps. I'm not using ACE2 more.

Best Regards

Hi Monsada, another problem, this more serious... =(

Eventually I have a problem with ACE2 Wounding System.

See in my video what happens, difficult to heal the soldiers, he sits on the floor and only crawls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFj9P9SpcEo

CFj9P9SpcEo

I noticed that this happened with missions without ACE2 too, the medic stops to cure...

someone else had this problem with upsmon?

Ps. In my video, I'm playing the mission EOD_Bravo (with ACE2)

Edited by D3lta

a guess... manipulation of advanced eventhandles in UPSMON, that could not be interfering in BI/ACE2 Medic system?

I say that because lines like this in Init_UPSMON:

KRON_deleteDead = {private["_u","_s"];_u=_this select 0; _s= _this select 1; _u removeAllEventHandlers "killed"; sleep _s; deletevehicle _u};

Is UPSMON incompatible with Medic Systems? :confused:

Best Regards.

PS. Sorry my English is not enough.

ACE2 Wounding System optionally(be default) swithed off for AI (AI do not use ACE2 WS on each other). EH should not interfere with wounding system.

i have the same prob, i found 1 solution, i have change KRON_UPS_searchVehicledist to 1, but it give me some unit Stucked moving error in DEBUG MODE :) but i am doing with and it's work :) Thanks MONSADA for this awesome script

if i set it to 1 will the normaly waking patrols "i.e not armour" not constanly be looking for vehicles?

ACE2 Wounding System optionally(be default) swithed off for AI (AI do not use ACE2 WS on each other). EH should not interfere with wounding system.

OK, But, this video explain the problem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFj9P9SpcEo

I notice the problem only with UPSMON script activated...

:confused:

Important: When UPSMON deactivating medic system, the Medic System will fail. This is the explication when I change to control the AI, by key T (single player). I will stop using upsmon after this problem.

Edited by D3lta