Sign in to follow this  
Monsada

UPSMON - Urban Patrol Script Mon

thanks for that woody

ok onto the next problem, when the town is cleared how do i get the units to go back to the spawn point were they came from and then delete them for respawn again on trigger activation

if cleared "chard" go "back to waypoint" and "delete";

how would i implement this ?

thanks

mark

Is it possible to use triggers instead of markers like in Kronzky's UPS?

Is it possible to use triggers instead of markers like in Kronzky's UPS?

thts what i asked,answer is a few pages back, but i got some weird results.if any one use it with triggers NOT markers can you post a link to a download test mision please.

thanks

mark

I apologise if this has been asked already (haven't gone though all 76 pages thus far); is this compatible with Zeus AI?

I apologise if this has been asked already (haven't gone though all 76 pages thus far); is this compatible with Zeus AI?

Yes. I've used it with GL4 / Zeus AI with no problems, Zeus AI obviously doesn't control the units as much as GL4 so might be the better option if you want them to abide by the UPSMON coding.

Yes. I've used it with GL4 / Zeus AI with no problems, Zeus AI obviously doesn't control the units as much as GL4 so might be the better option if you want them to abide by the UPSMON coding.

Thank you very much for the reply - Most helpful, and appreciated :)

A bit confused on the artillery system.

If I want East units to fire artillery on West units, should I use this:

KRON_UPS_ARTILLERY_EAST_FIRE = true;

or this:

KRON_UPS_ARTILLERY_WEST_FIRE = true;

Hi,

If tou want east to fire you musa use:

Hi,

If tou want east to fire you musa use:

I haven't been able to get the artillery to work. I've followed the instructions posted on the wiki and have yet to see it work.

I'm at a lose, I have everything else working great, just not the artillery.

I even downloaded the sample mission on the wiki and it's not working on that either!

Hi, I have a strange bug with the otherwise great UPSMON.

The groups i spawn are just giving up and i don't know what's causing it:

arma2oa2010-10-3017-22fuz2.jpg

Here's what i have to execute the UPSMON:

{nul = [_x, "UPSMON_marker_1", "random"] execVM "scripts\upsmon.sqf"} forEach [uS_1, US_2, US_3, US_4, US_5, Taki_1, Taki_2, Taki_3, Taki_4, Taki_5, Taki_6, Taki_7];

I execute this line from a FSM and it should cause a bit of war atmosphere and soldiers running through the streets of Zargabad.

But instead they're just standing around with no weapons and their hands behind their heads.

Thanks for help! :yay:

Hi, I have a strange bug with the otherwise great UPSMON.

The groups i spawn are just giving up and i don't know what's causing it:

arma2oa2010-10-3017-22fuz2.jpg

Here's what i have to execute the UPSMON:

{nul = [_x, "UPSMON_marker_1", "random"] execVM "scripts\upsmon.sqf"} forEach [uS_1, US_2, US_3, US_4, US_5, Taki_1, Taki_2, Taki_3, Taki_4, Taki_5, Taki_6, Taki_7];

I execute this line from a FSM and it should cause a bit of war atmosphere and soldiers running through the streets of Zargabad.

But instead they're just standing around with no weapons and their hands behind their heads.

Thanks for help! :yay:

Open the Init_UPSMON.sqf and change the unit surrenders to 0.

//Percentage of units to surrender.
KRON_UPS_EAST_SURRENDER = 0;
KRON_UPS_WEST_SURRENDER = 0;
KRON_UPS_GUER_SURRENDER = 0;

You musa use spawned paran to avoid surrender ejem spawning runtime squads

nul = [_x, "UPSMON_marker_1", "spawned","random"] execVM "scripts\upsmon.sqf"

Does anyone have a "working" example mission on how to get the artillery to work? The example mission on the wiki doesn't seem to work at all.

I had 'difficulty' getting this to work as well - not that it doesn't work, it's just a matter of having the conditions.

The Op we ran last night (and incidentally all of our Ops use UPSMON, which has made things so much easier to make and more interesting to play in! Well done Monsada!) had two enemy Mortar units in it. One was manned by a Fortify team and one was an editor placed, crewed Mortar.

The INIT line in those had the command line as written on the wiki.

The trigger area had the init line as written both in the wiki and part of what is in the example mission.

The Mortars will not fire immidiately. The conditions have to be met first-

1. The trigger needs to activate. So if you haven't removed the countdown/timeout timer from the trigger, then it wont activate until the times set in there. I removed these from my trigger for the Sunday mission.

2. The enemy needs to know you are there and can't be too close to you, otherwise the mortar wont fire for fear of blowing themselves up.

3. The Mortars need to be within a certain distance from the strike area (its either 600 or 800 metres) and cannot be too close to the targets they're trying to hit.

On the Sunday Op mission we played, the Mortars were about 600m away. The enemies came in and started engaging us. I think it was about 2-3 minutes after they started shooting at us, they had relayed the information to the Mortar teams and they began shelling.

Post up your mission here, I'll have a look and see if the triggers are right and the init lines are correct.

I will say it took me a few days to be absolutely certain that they were going to work in the mission. Set yourself to invincible (this allowDamage false; in your player's init line), have some UPSMON units come towards you, shoot at them, but stay a good distance away from them - don't kill them. Eventually the mortars will fire -- and once they fire and you add more players into that area and more enemys that potentially could spot you, they will go off.

AND IT'S BLOODY AWESOME :D

Edited by Harlow[16AA]

Also keep in minds the mortars never actually fire anything, the script just spawns shells as if they were fired by the mortar.

Yes, that's true (but you still need to a mortar placed). But that would explain it if he just can't see the mortars firing -- though I would think the explosions going off would tip him off :D

I would like to be able to get my artillary to work also but from more of a defensive position I would like to strategically place spotters that actually spot (if thats possible) and have them radio to the artillery when troops are moving in. Then have the artillary barrage begin.

Also I would like to know how can I tell the exact distance on a map in terms of meters? I dont seem to be seeing trhe grid I used to have and when I do find it again whats the values of the squares?

I am having a hard time with this script I have a marker down and a patrol within it I placed a blufor patrol at the other edge of the marker and they begin fighting pretty soon when I hit preview.

I have a Reinforcement squad outside the marker with an empty truck expecting to see them move upon detection however they just hit the deck an do nothing they look so stupid.

nul=[this,"Infantry","Reinforcement","delete:",600,"respawn:2"] execVM "scripts\UPSMON.sqf"

(this is in my reinforcement init line Infantry is the name of the marker where the original squad is to reinforce)

Trigger is set to Blufor detected by opfor KRON_UPS_reinforcement = true;

I really hope this thread is still read alot because This script looks like it can be great I just need to understand it better.

Any chance any of you have a couple of missions where each one is utilizing a different component of this script?

I am wondering if I have to change much in the config to get it to work

Edited by Breeze

Hey quick (hopefully) question:

Does anyone know if its possible to have multiple ammo types for the artillery? I know you can change bullet type in the MON_artillery_add.sqf but if I'm not mistake I can only select one right? And all arty/mortars will then fire that round, right? What I'd like to do is make it so, say, one mortar is firing HE one is firing WP, meanwhile I can have artillery firing off actual arty rounds.

Is there a way to do this?

Addendum: I just now tried editing the MON_artillery_add.sqf, changed the bullet type to ARTY_Sh_122_WP, loaded up the test mission, and.....still no WP rounds. Tried different types of WP rounds, etc. I'm now slightly more confused....any help on this would be appreciated. I'm still new to coding ArmA 2 so I'm learning as I go here, I guess. Edit: Ok this part is working, I apparently needed to add a "6" after in null=this area. Unfortunately in the test the AI is firing the actual arty rounds from the static arty, so I get FRAG rounds plus WP, lol. Still trying to figure out if there is a way t make my first question possible. Edit2: That seems to be working sparatically though....sometimes it fires the WP round, other times its just the regular ammo....

Edited by Koga1211

I believe I have worked out most of my kinks with this and it really looks good, however can I make spotters for artillery and if I place them far out and they see enemy can they and or will they call an arty strike?

I believe I have worked out most of my kinks with this and it really looks good, however can I make spotters for artillery and if I place them far out and they see enemy can they and or will they call an arty strike?

I assume you have tried the utes demo mission that came with the script?

If not try it.

In there you see a d30 with init commands, and trigger covering arty range with bluefor present, or set it to detected by, can adjust range(size of trigger area) as much as you want i think.

try adding a few other upsmon enemys and set them to "nomove" in params.

position them inside trigger area or with view of trigger area, if friendly to close to enemy arty wont fire.

Now move either yourself or a group of bluefor through trigger area, even if arty cant see it, when other upsmon groups of same side detects bluefor they will share info to arty and other upsmon grps of same side up to a certain range, think defeault is 800m, but you can adjust that to however big you want in order to create long range arty support, just imagine all have the newest nokia cell phone ;).

Demo mission is on utes, so you need arma2 or arma 2 CO to view it, i can send you a OA only version if you dont have arma2, are there a upload slot on the forums or something?

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 PM ----------

I want to thank the author for a seriously GREAT script set:yay:

A few suggestions ideas to the author, mind i havent read all pages here, so it may be a double post:

1: Could you make it so that we can specify a skill level or random skill level in the params or in main file same place where we activate/deactivate debug mode?

example:

_primaryskill = 0.5;
_plusrandomskill = 0.5;

{_x setskill _primaryskill +(random _plusrandomskill)} forEach Units Group this;

2: Any chance to implement a cache system? so that for groups far away from player or enemy is only 1 unit/leader on map and uses CPU until enemy gets to a certain range, it would improve the CPU load of UPSMON even furter.

Something like this: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=10102

Anyways, keep up the good work, i really love UPSMON especially for the reinforcement param, having 50 groups do CQB in fallujah map(big city) is awsome to see.

I am respawning some more Infantry in using a trigger , is there a way to re spawn if the number of units in the marker falls below a certain number ? i.e if there is only 5 OpFor left call the respawn at the moment they only respawn when all are dead .

Many thanks

In my trigger:-

nul = [1,getMarkerPos "town",3,["town","random","move","spawned","delete:",300,"combat"]] execVM "SCRIPTS\UPSMON\MON_SPAWN.SQF";

alos using thsi in another group on the initalization

nul=[this,"patrol_marker","random","move","delete:",300,"respawn:",3,"nofollow"] execVM "scripts\upsmon.sqf";

I am respawning some more Infantry in using a trigger , is there a way to re spawn if the number of units in the marker falls below a certain number ? i.e if there is only 5 OpFor left call the respawn at the moment they only respawn when all are dead .

Many thanks

In my trigger:-

nul = [1,getMarkerPos "town",3,["town","random","move","spawned","delete:",300,"combat"]] execVM "SCRIPTS\UPSMON\MON_SPAWN.SQF";

alos using thsi in another group on the initalization

nul=[this,"patrol_marker","random","move","delete:",300,"respawn:",3,"nofollow"] execVM "scripts\upsmon.sqf";

This is just a hail mary after looking at the script;

in upsmon.sqf line 792 there is

if (count _members==0) then {

maybe increase number to 1 but i dont know, cant test it atm.

Other thing, probably the most sensible thing might be having a trigger covering the marker area with opfor present as condition, and trigger to be east countSide thislist <= 5 and then do a template spawn, as in alpha trigger in UPSMON demo mission.

If 5 different groups have "template,1" in its init and no respawn param, once trigger detects 5 or less opfor in trigger area it will spawn a copy of all template 1, also the original 5 groups will spawn again identical to whats placed in editor.

Check if my spellings on "template,1" is correct in demo mission, as im not sure i did.

Edit: in demo mission it spawns templates on player position, simply change "getpos player" to "getpos anyobjectname" or "getMarkerPos "anymarker"

Edited by Demonized
spawn template by trigger positions groups on player pos