Sign in to follow this  
Monsada

UPSMON - Urban Patrol Script Mon

If you read the description carefully you might find a parameter to add init code to each spawned unit. At least I remember seeing something like that, but never used it.

I read all descriptions i have found ... but nothing .. thats the reasen why i Ask ... ;)

need some more informations about where to read...

You're right, I guess, "init:string = Custom init string for created clones." is init for clones, not respawns, but might work for respawns as well, worth trying (or if Monsada is here he can say for himself).

I'm using the UPSMON script and I've placed some A10s on an airport with nomove and reinforcement but whenever the mission starts the take off and circles the airport until they are sent to reinforce. However this is happening even without running the script.

I tried placing empty planes and then some pilots there with the script on the pilot but then they just run to the place instead.

So how do I make them stay on the ground until they're needed?

Another issue I'm having is that I have a marker that blufor is using for move. I'm also using this marker for some setSimpleTaskDestination and it works fine. Then I delete the tasks and create a new one with the setSimpleTaskDestination and the same marker but now it points way sw and nowhere near the target. Any ideas why?

Ninjaedit: This is the script I'm running:

KRON_UPS_reinforcement=TRUE;
Bastam_task = player createSimpleTask ["Seize Bastam"];
Bastam_task setSimpleTaskDescription ["Seize Bastam!", "Seize Bastam!", "Seize Bastam!"];
Bastam_task setSimpleTaskDestination (getMarkerPos "BastamCity");

player setCurrentTask Bastam_task;

player removeSimpleTask Link_task;
player removeSimpleTask Mosque_task;
player removeSimpleTask Airport_task;

Here's my briefing.sqf (which is run from init.sqf) minus createDiaryRecords:

Link_task = player createSimpleTask ["Link up with the rest of the company"]; 
Link_task setSimpleTaskDescription ["Link up with the other squads in Bravo company", "Link up", "Company link up"];
Link_task setSimpleTaskDestination (getMarkerPos "BastamCity");

Mosque_task = player createSimpleTask ["Check mosque"];
Mosque_task setSimpleTaskDescription ["Check Bastam mosque", "Check mosque", "Check mosque"];
Mosque_task setSimpleTaskDestination (getMarkerPos "BastamCity");

Airport_task = player createSimpleTask ["Seize airport"];
Airport_task setSimpleTaskDescription ["Seize the airport", "Seize airport", "Seize airport"];
Airport_task setSimpleTaskDestination (getMarkerPos "BastamCity");

player setCurrentTask link_task;

---------- Post added at 03:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 AM ----------

this setfuel 0

and when you need the plane to take off

this setfuel 1

Wow that was fast and simple, thanks. :) Edited by Rekrul

You're right, I guess, "init:string = Custom init string for created clones." is init for clones, not respawns, but might work for respawns as well, worth trying (or if Monsada is here he can say for himself).

Whats about init string for respawn Units ?!?! no one knows ?!

Nope, if that doesn't run for respawned units I suppose nothing does.

As for the markers, UPSMON hides the markers after it uses them and remember where they were when they were first used (so using the same marker multiple times will work even though the marker is hidden), which means you either have to disable the part that hides the marker (by editing the actual script) or simply avoid using the UPSMON marker for anything other than UPSMON - If you need to mark the area for the player use a separate marker.

One thing I really wish UPSMON had is the ability to dynamically change the patrol's parameters, such as using a different marker or different behavior. Currently once a unit starts patrolling a zone it keeps patrolling it, with the only script-related way of breaking it is with reinforcement (which is quite limited in what you can do with it).

As for the markers, UPSMON hides the markers after it uses them and remember where they were when they were first used (so using the same marker multiple times will work even though the marker is hidden), which means you either have to disable the part that hides the marker (by editing the actual script) or simply avoid using the UPSMON marker for anything other than UPSMON - If you need to mark the area for the player use a separate marker.
Well, that's kind of weird though because it's only after reinforcement has been set to TRUE that it moves the main marker which is kind of strange since it still should be attacking (or defending) the area. Then again I'm using UPSMON for both defense (OPFOR) and attack (BLUFOR) but this might explain why the attacking AI always grinds to a halt after a while and just sits there. The squadleader orders "move 50m to that bush" or similar but they just sit there. It might also be because I'm in the squad and freak them out somehow.

It seems that when the AI wouldn't attack, setting the safeDist varaible (in init_UPSMON.sqf) to a much lower value sometimes helps.

Well they attack at first but after 15-20+ mins they grind to a halt. And it's kind of hard to use a trigger for when I want to reduce it as it isnt a specific time.

Does anyone know the meaning of variable "KRON_UPS_closeenough" and his correct tweak?

Cheers

Yeah I should've said KRON_UPS_closeenough, try make it lower (right in the init_upsmon.sqf) and see if you still have that issue.

This is getting wierder. I made a new marker that is within the upsmon-marker but isn't used anywhere. However, once i call in reinforcements upsmon moves that marker to the sw corner of the map...

hmm, I have a problem...

I use OA standalone and I can't seem to get enemy arty to fire:confused:

Everything else works as it should, just not the arty module...

Is there something I'm missing or is it not compatible with OA standalone?

Thanks in advance:)

I tried this for the first time tonight and damn if I wasn't impressed! The AI is a lot livelier compared to using waypoints. :)

One thing I'd like to see though is an attack command with rapid movement. I have a mission where it would be nice if a 300 m breakthrough didn't take 15 minutes.

Sometimes reducing the "safedist" parameter in "init_upsmon.sqf" helps make them attack faster.

Is there any way to make a squad attack another zone after clearing the first?

It seems MCC allows the "mission maker" to move the zones and as a result the AI start patrolling the new one. Not sure exactly how it works script-wise, so you may want to take a look at how to re-position the patrols. Then all you need is some kind of a condition to trigger the zone change.

Not sure if this has been mentioned or addressed already, but I get the following script error when play Takistan Force missions:

Error in expression <ilian: {"CIV"};};

_trgname="KRON_Trig_"+_trgside+"_"+_areamarker;
_flgname="KRO>
 Error position: <+_trgside+"_"+_areamarker;
_flgname="KRO>
 Error +: Type Bool, expected Number,Array,String
File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Takistan\upsmon\UPSMON.sqf, line 594

Sometimes reducing the "safedist" parameter in "init_upsmon.sqf" helps make them attack faster.

Thanks for tip

After some test i can confirm it works fine..;)

Cheers

Thanks for the tips, gal. Damn, I've never seen the AI act this smart.

Is there a way to make enemy arty detect from further away? They won't fire because they don't detect untill blufor is too close...

To really get arty working you'd need to actually use the artillery module with a proper script.

Is there a way to make enemy arty detect from further away? They won't fire because they don't detect untill blufor is too close...

UPSMON Arty has a max-range of 800m which I find ridiculous so I open up MON_artillery_add and change the _range variable there (from 800 to 2000 or something). You still need an observer there though, to spot the targets.

Also UPSMON arty doesn't actually fire arty, but rather spawn shells as if the arty unit fired them, which often results in not-very-realistic situations. That's why I said if you want real artillery you have to script it yourself with the artillery module.