Sign in to follow this  
Monsada

UPSMON - Urban Patrol Script Mon

I h8 to ask in case this has been asked already but I couldnt find the answer in my search.

Scenario - I have OPFOR group1 fortifying a military outpost (marker = outpost1) using upsmon.

BLUFOR assaults an oil refinery (marker = oil1) and this triggers group1 to drop their current upsmon and reinforce the oil refinery. But how do I get them to take on this new move?

thanx

Lighty

Groups within the sharedist (defined in init_upsmon.sqf), unless told otherwise by using parameters such as "FORTIFY" or "NOFOLLOW", will naturally come and help fight off any enemy contacts.

Will they do so from a chopper? As I asked above? by the way galzohar I got some script from one of your missions with a weapons loadout thats damm nice you should put that up here Its the best i seen i think add back packs to it and its the bomb

ANY setMarkerAlpha commands should be done from inside a game logic on the map. This means that they will not be shown on the briefing screen before the map starts.

Is anyone here able to comment if my calls for reinforcements are correct?

Soldiers init line

nul=[this,"m2","reinforcement",1] execVM "scripts\upsmon.sqf"

Trigger onAct line

"KRON_UPS_reinforcement1 = true";

Is this set up correctly to ONLY call that soldiers group to reinforce and not Reinforcement 2 /3/4 etc?

Trying to figure this out. I added this to my init file with the marker name I use. But the marker still shows in the briefing. Am I missing something? I dont want the zone markers to show in briefing.

I have the same problem. The markers still show even if I use

"m1" setMarkerAlpha 0;

Is there specific text to use for particular marker types?

Will it work from within the chopper???

This sounded like an interesting idea, so I tried it too. However, so far I have not been able to make it work. So far, I can only get them to do their parachute thing if I have them starting on the ground, outside of the chopper. So either we're both doing it wrong, or it simply won't work that way.

Trying to figure this out. I added this to my init file with the marker name I use. But the marker still shows in the briefing. Am I missing something? I dont want the zone markers to show in briefing.

Ever since I got the 1st version of UPS, I've been doing it the same way, and it works for me (taken from Kronzky's readme);

"markername" setMarkerPos [-(getMarkerPos "markername" select 0),-(getMarkerPos "markername" select 1)];

So... for my marker named Alpha, it looks like this;

"Alpha" setMarkerPos [-(getMarkerPos "Alpha" select 0),-(getMarkerPos "Alpha" select 1)];

and I just repeat that for Bravo, Charlie.....

It's probably like Windows, where there's 10 ways to do everything, and maybe his suggestion is supposed to work to (I don't know, I didn't try it), but that's the one that works for me.

I h8 to ask in case this has been asked already but I couldnt find the answer in my search.

Scenario - I have OPFOR group1 fortifying a military outpost (marker = outpost1) using upsmon.

BLUFOR assaults an oil refinery (marker = oil1) and this triggers group1 to drop their current upsmon and reinforce the oil refinery. But how do I get them to take on this new move?

thanx

Lighty

ANY setMarkerAlpha commands should be done from inside a game logic on the map. This means that they will not be shown on the briefing screen before the map starts.

Soldiers init line

Trigger onAct line

Is this set up correctly to ONLY call that soldiers group to reinforce and not Reinforcement 2 /3/4 etc?

In your trigger, you need to tell them Not Only to come reinforce, but also Exactly Where to go and reinforce .. and you use the marker name (Lightspeed's example was a marker named "oil1");

KRON_UPS_reinforcement1 = true; KRON_UPS_reinforcement1_pos = getmarkerpos "oil1";

That part was covered somewhere in this thread, but I sympathize. It's a bitch to find this stuff when the threads get to be this long. A fully revised/updated set of instructions for this fine script is really needed.

Oh, and BTW - somebody else asked if this script worked in OA. Well, I've done very limited test on the OA demo, and so far, it seems to be working for me. Except for one thing... so I went back to normal A2 to compare, which brings me too...

Now, I also need help. I'm trying to set up an ambush (way cool feature), and all is going well (they set the mine, and go hide, and attack when I drive by), except the mines are not exploding when I drive over them. Anybody have any idea on this? Anyone getting it working?

Mines only work on armored targets, HMMWVs can drive right over them. Anti-armor, anti-vehicular and anti-personal mines would be a great addition to the game.

Soldiers init line

Trigger onAct line

are not correct you must put :

nul=[this,"m2","reinforcement:",1] execVM "scripts\upsmon.sqf"

Monsada & R.Flagg, thank you for your help.

Also R.Flagg, kylania is correct that hummers wont set them off, only heavy tracked vehicles will, or perhaps BTRs etc.

Oh and to anyone who asks, it works perfect in OA. I've been using it since day one of release, AI use buildings / cover etc.

Edited by rexehuk

Thanks guys, I didn't realize that was the situation. I guess it is working after all.

Nice work on the ambush feature Monsada, I like it very much.

could someone post a demo with mine ambush, i tried several setup but my soldier keep staying on the mine.

This has a lot of great features but what I'm really after is for two groups to "talk" to each other so they act as a coherent force - which this script claims to do.

How do I get the units to talk? What are the requirements? Do they need to be working off the same patrol area (marker) or is it simply a distance thing where they will 'alert' any friends within a set distance, even if they are not controlled by the UPSMon?

If I have a group in one patrol area and another group in a different patrol area like this

Group Alpha Init

nul=[this,"warlordpatrolmarker", "noaiâ€] execVM "scripts\upsmon.sqf";

Group Beta Init

nul=[this,"footpatrolmarker"] execVM "scripts\upsmon.sqf";

Will the two groups alert each other or do they need to be working off the same marker?

@Cougs

Groups share informations they are not talking , default distance is 800m your can get it in the Init_USMON.sqf file line 49 -50 :

// how close units have to be to each other to share information, over this, will lose target
KRON_UPS_sharedist = 800;

Also you can configure radio in the next line :

//If enabled IA comunicating between them with radio defined sharedist distance, 
KRON_UPS_comradio = 2;

In your exemple if Beta group detect a unit he will share the position to Alpha group if they are within 800m.

So other units can be in the area (800m) but NOT working off the UPSMON and they will still be alerted?

No, all units have to execute the upsmon script as it is the script that shares the information. Even though they don't have the same "goal" (marker) they will share if they are within 800m of each others (unless you change that distance).

could someone post a demo with mine ambush, i tried several setup but my soldier keep staying on the mine.

Got it working yet?

When you say 'staying on the mine', it sounds to me like you are placing your ambush guys on the street. You want to place them off to the side somewhere, where you want them to hide. They will go run over to the street on their own, and then return to hide.

If you still need one, I could send you this thing I've been screwing with in the OA demo. PM me your email addy, and I'll use that "send by email" thingy under Save in the editor. It's not (yet) a mission so much as it's me screwing around with the demo and a few scripts, just seeing what I can get to work, and hoping for inspiration for an eventual mission.

Currently it's just a convoy cruising around, and a couple of ambushes. But you're welcome to look at it.

OK, what am I doing wrong here...

I have a group with this in the init...

nul=[this,"ambushsite7","TEMPLATE:",1] execvm "scripts\UPSMON.sqf";

and later on a script is executed withh this in it....

nul = [1,[10338.012,137.74178,10935.785],2,["zavarakpatrol","reinforcement","delete:",120,"move"]] execVM "SCRIPTS\UPSMON\MON_SPAWN.SQF";

nul = [1,[9592.8848,105.35844,11686.047],2,["zavarakpatrol","reinforcement","delete:",120,"move"]] execVM "SCRIPTS\UPSMON\MON_SPAWN.SQF";

nul = [1,[11158.529,358.39111,6687.5161],2,["garmsarpatrol","reinforcement","delete:",120,"move"]] execVM "SCRIPTS\UPSMON\MON_SPAWN.SQF";

nul = [1,[10630.936,291.29169,6071.0571],2,["garmsarpatrol","reinforcement","delete:",120,"move"]] execVM "SCRIPTS\UPSMON\MON_SPAWN.SQF";

nul = [1,[4090.8818,343.38452,987.40002],2,["chakchakpatrol","reinforcement","delete:",120,"move"]] execVM "SCRIPTS\UPSMON\MON_SPAWN.SQF";

nul = [1,[4902.9058,342.20227,401.20544],2,["chakchakpatrol","reinforcement","delete:",120,"move"]] execVM "SCRIPTS\UPSMON\MON_SPAWN.SQF";

and still nothing spawns, why?

-AD

EDIT: OK, after adding the "random" command to the parameters of my spawned units they now actually spawn, but I don't want them to spawn randomly into their patrol area. Does this parameter really HAVE to be in there?

EDIT2: So, apparently I had to figure this one out on my own. I have seen no documentation, anywhere on how to spawn a group at a marker.

I have only seen how to spawn a group at the player's position. I do not see why anyone would want to spawn an enemy group on top of themselves so for those of you who were trying to do exactly what I was trying to do, here is an example..

nul = [1,[getMarkerPos "spawnpos1" select 0, getMarkerPos "spawnpos1" select 1, getMarkerPos "spawnpos1" select 2],5,["patrolmarker","delete:",120,"reinforcement","move","nofollow","respawn:",2]] execVM "SCRIPTS\UPSMON\MON_SPAWN.SQF";

Edited by ADuke

Ok, probably a noobish question, forgive me:

How do I make the map markers not show up in the MP briefing screen? :o

Place a game logic, and in its init line write:

hNil = [] call compile preprocessFile "markerAlpha.sqf";

In markeralpha.sqf write:

"mrkUPSblah" setMarkerAlpha 0;
"mrkUPSblah2" setMarkerAlpha 0;
// etc

The Icon type needs to be set to "Empty" in the marker's properties.

If it is an ellipse or rectangle type of marker then you need to put this in your init.sqf....

"mymarker" setMarkerAlpha 0;

EDIT: galzohar beat me to it.

how can i add a own script to a respawned unit ?

i want to add an eventhandler to every respawnd unit....

this is the code i want to add:

this addEventHandler ["killed", {[_this select 1,150] execVM "geld\addmoney.sqf"}];

Edited by Anemia

If you read the description carefully you might find a parameter to add init code to each spawned unit. At least I remember seeing something like that, but never used it.