Sign in to follow this  
Monsada

UPSMON - Urban Patrol Script Mon

Guys I must to reupload 5.0.7 file, I left a bug unsolved in heli fly control.

Take a look what wants rafalsky. I like it very much.

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/10124

Edited by Monsada

Yeah, some special civilian behavior would be nice.

Any idea why units are mounting vehicles even when it makes absolutely no sense, as in mount a vehicle driving away from the patrol area when they are already in their (not very big, ~town size) patrol area while the rest of their squad patrols as normal?

Yeah, some special civilian behavior would be nice.

Any idea why units are mounting vehicles even when it makes absolutely no sense, as in mount a vehicle driving away from the patrol area when they are already in their (not very big, ~town size) patrol area while the rest of their squad patrols as normal?

because their patrol area is outside? check where they go, may be in reinforcement?

---------- Post added at 01:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 AM ----------

I think it's how long to wait after unit is dead before deleting it.

---------- Post added at 02:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 AM ----------

I just set a "NOWP3" parameter for a vehicle that is supposed to drive on a certain road, and the group leader of ANOTHER group doing a normal marker patrol close to where the vehicle starts gets in that vehicle and drives along, well away from his marker, while his group stays behind and patrols properly. Any idea what is causing this and how to prevent it? Why is he getting in a vehicle that he doesn't even know where it's going, not to mention getting in without his group? Setting searchVehicleDist=0; did not solve it either.

I can not reproduce it, can you make me a litle mision to see it?

The problematic squad is right next to the player. Wait a few seconds for UPSMON to initialize and see that the squad leader goes straight for the convoy and gets in. Happens regardless of whether the convoy is running UPSMON with "NOWP3" or not running UPSMON at all. This happens with older UPSMON versions as well. Moving that group's starting position far away from the convoy resolves that issue, but reducing the searchVehicleDist does not.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AZ0TZNGP

The problematic squad is right next to the player. Wait a few seconds for UPSMON to initialize and see that the squad leader goes straight for the convoy and gets in. .... but reducing the searchVehicleDist does not.
you should increase it!

KRON_UPS_searchVehicledist = 500; //the unit starts to look for the vehicle if the destination point is more than 500m from the unit.

PS: I don't know far the unit is looking for vehicles , maybe in area of 200m from the unit?

Edited by Rafalski

Yes Galzohar, Rafalski are right, try to increase it instead of decreasing. Is the distance squad needs a vehicle, if target position is less of that they go by feet.

But why are they going on a vehicle that is moving AWAY from their destination in the firstplace? If you look at the example, the patrol is in a small part of Berezino, while the convoy is moving to the other side of the island. So this portion of UPSMON definitely needs tweaking (maybe not take vehicles that have a driver that is either not part of UPSMON or is a part of UPSMON but is going to a different destination?). Right now they seem to just get into random vehicles and hope someone takes them where they need to go, which often is not the case.

The problem is that you have

KRON_UPS_searchVehicledist = 0;

You were telling squads take a vehicle in any case. You must have a value acording to your patrol areas.

In your case you will need to put at least 800

KRON_UPS_searchVehicledist = 800;

Maybe I will put a parameter "FOOT" so squad always will go by foot but I feel a litle sick, I need rest for a time.

NOTE1: Download another time 5.0.7 you have a missed version wher I left a bug to correct.

NOTE2: If you set KRON_UPS_sharedist = 6000; whenever AI spot enemy will report to each squad and they will engage if his rol is move, I don't know if it is what you want, maybe will be more simple using "reinforcement" in those squads you want to have 6000 m of sharedist or more and set

KRON_UPS_reinforcement = true; on init or when you want.

---------- Post added at 06:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

Mission of ambush and captiveness released:

http://dev-heaven.net/boards/86/topics/2350

The problem is less about them wanting to use a vehicle, and more about them using a vehicle that is not going to take them where they are going.

Also I don't exactly understand the difference between having a patrol using the reinforcement parameter to just having a patrol with no parameters. They both will go and attack known enemies, no? What will they do differently?

What I am trying to do is have random patrols, some staying inside their pre-defined zones and some patrolling their zone at the start (some over 1/2 the island) and then also reacting to any enemy contact.

Edited by galzohar

If I want to share vehicles I can not control where are going.

I choosed sharing vehicles because in a truck or in a transport hely can enter 2 or more squads. Is work of editor to provide suficient transports for squads with diferent destinations.

But how do the squads ever get to their destination? As far as I've noticed, there is nothing that tells the vehicle's owner to actually take them there. You may want to restrict using vehicles for empty vehicles (so they can move in as crew and take control) or to vehicles that UPSMON controls and thus can tell the vehicle to take them wherever they need to go.

Right now they get into a vehicle and either just sit there or let the vehicle take them to the opposite direction of where they need to go.

I still can't find a way to make units always be in "AWARE" mode and never "SAFE" other than overriding it with a separate looping script :(

HI, could you explain me how exactly works following variables? Sorry but it is not clear for me from the description.

// how far opfors should move away if they're under attack

KRON_UPS_safedist = 300;

// how close unit has to be to target to generate a new one target or to enter stealth mode

KRON_UPS_closeenough = 300;

// how far opfors should move away if they're under attack

KRON_UPS_safedist = 300;

// how close unit has to be to target to generate a new one target or to enter stealth mode

KRON_UPS_closeenough = 300;

Are used in several calculations.

KRON_UPS_closeenough tells AI when is close enough to enemy,

KRON_UPS_safedist is for doing flank movements, is the base of distance of security to target, is used combined with KRON_UPS_closeenough.

---------- Post added at 02:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

I still can't find a way to make units always be in "AWARE" mode and never "SAFE" other than overriding it with a separate looping script :(

if you set "AWARE" as parameter AI set AWARE as default behavieour, only changed to safe when far far away from enemy or target position of movement.

Am I right ?

"KRON_UPS_closeenough tells AI when is close enough to enemy," to open fire.?

example. Ai knows about enemy position, but comming closer as close as "KRON_UPS_closeenough" and then start shooting. Of course if not detected by enemy earlier.

It seems that they will not bother to move any closer to the enemy than the closeEnough value, so if they want them to go on an all-out, aggressive assault you must lower the value.

It seems that they will not bother to move any closer to the enemy than the closeEnough value, so if they want them to go on an all-out, aggressive assault you must lower the value.

This is not right. NOMOVE squads are more agressive when closeenough for example.

---------- Post added at 08:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 AM ----------

Am I right ?

"KRON_UPS_closeenough tells AI when is close enough to enemy," to open fire.?

example. Ai knows about enemy position, but comming closer as close as "KRON_UPS_closeenough" and then start shooting. Of course if not detected by enemy earlier.

Negative. UPSMON do not tells to fire.

SAMPLES OF USAGE OF KRON_UPS_closeenough:

-Is used in formula to set get out dist when in vehicle.

-Is used in formula to know if arrived to destination.

-Is used in flanking formulas, more close more agressive.

- Used for determine when lay mines.

- used for determining when is too close to enemy to avoid get in vehicles.

- Only close to target buildings are patrolled.

- When close to target increased suppress fire manauvers

As I tell is used in many places for calculations when need to know when is too close from target for doing something. I do not recomend to change this value.

Edited by Monsada

I think the problem is that while for many of those you would want high (and sometimes even different) values of KRON_UPS_closeenough, for "if arrived at destination" you would actually want a lower value. Maybe it would be better to "split" it up into more parameters?

Another option that would be nice is having an option for "delayed" communication, so that an enemy needs to know about you for more than X seconds before that position is shared, and even longer before other units realize a certain unit got killed without having the chance to reporting anything. That way you could be stealthy and even kill a few enemies if you do it properly, unlike now that after the first kill all enemies around instantly go into combat mode.

Can anyone help me with the following problem;

I have 4 squads using UPSMON (1,2,3,4) squads 1,2,3 are in town A squad 4 is in town B

Town A & B are a long way apart, My team start out near town B (squad4) as soon as squad 4 spot my team then I get messages saying squads 1,2,3 "enemy detected" even though they are very far away from the acion in town A.

I tried setting

KRON_UPS_sharedist = 1000;

and

KRON_UPS_sharedist = 1;

None of the enemy squads have radios in there inventory and I have tried setting

KRON_UPS_comradio = 2;
to 1,2 and 0 but still squads 1,2,3 are detecting me.

I dont want the 1,2,3 squads in town B to be aware of squad4 fighting in town A

Thanks in advance

random option stopped working with vehicles :(

Hi, questios

1)

respawn = allow squad to respawn when all members are dead and no targets near
how near ? KRON_UPS_closeenough ?

-------------------------------------------

2)

How to stop civilians to use (steal) military vehicles ? or how to stop civilian to use (steal) vehicle at all.

Edited by Rafalski

Need some help with this...

Using this script in my mission, however, I need to turn off the teleport/spawn for the player/players when in a mission. I noticed that you can spawn anywhere by just clicking on the map, I thought it might be to do with the debug mode but thats turned off.

in your init file uncomment this line

onMapSingleClick "player setpos _pos";

change it to

//onMapSingleClick "player setpos _pos";