Sign in to follow this  
dimitri_harkov

DIH 1970s Generic African Units

are there any SP missions for this mod i looked but could not find any maybe I over looked something?

Not that I know of.

But the mission in the OP works quite well if played alone.

Nevertheless, I have some other missions in the works, including one SP mission.

D.

Not that I know of.

But the mission in the OP works quite well if played alone.

Nevertheless, I have some other missions in the works, including one SP mission.

D.

thanks I'm also working on some SP missions right now for this game

when installing this game do I put each add-on in different folders or put them all an one folder

when installing this game do I put each add-on in different folders or put them all an one folder

Have it done by your own taste. Some time ago I was putting every addon in one addon folder, but that got things a little messy when I had to search for a problematic addon, so I categorized them in order to find problems faster. So my advice would be to find an organizational base, and group them in that way, for example for not big mods I have one folder for addons (units, vehicles, choppers, ect...), one for islands, one for game system enhancements (PROPER enhancements, AI enhancements, ect...), and one for smaller sound addons. Besides them I put bigger mods & packs in separated folders (GL4, P85, BWmod, ACE, ect...), so I can play around somewhat easier to check system compatibilities between different addons/packs.

thinks I installed all mods but i cant find the units an the editor?

@esco

have you added the new addon folders to the target line of your shortcut?

Hi Esco, for the addons you can puth the P85 and the african units together in 1 modfolder and call it what you want,puth the modname in the shortcut and you should see them in the editor(make sure u use the correct name!)

I will try to make some SP and MP missions myself with these units and duala map, and it will be based on the fights between Unita and MPLA in the angola civil war.

later

dont think so, just check the readme for the version that is needed to play it,

but playing with latest patch will work just fine,

have fun :D

any update on progress for this great mod what comeing an the next patch? I would love to see the congo and yea Belgian in the congo sound good

Edited by esco7800

I have been busy helping Vilas update Project '85. The new version will be released in the near future.

Needless to say, this will also improve DIH Africa, as P85 is the basis for most units.

After that, I will support Vilas with his upcoming new Polish pack. And then, I will continue to improve DIH Africa :)

Stay tuned, I have some ideas already!

I have been busy helping Vilas update Project '85. The new version will be released in the near future.

Needless to say, this will also improve DIH Africa, as P85 is the basis for most units.

After that, I will support Vilas with his upcoming new Polish pack. And then, I will continue to improve DIH Africa :)

Stay tuned, I have some ideas already!

tha:yay:nks looking forward to it I will stay tuned

Is it possible to update the weapon sounds, their just to loud at the moment. Is there the possibility to use the BIS ones as i personally think VILAS look out of proportion.

Vilas is just updating his sounds with aid of other community members.

I think they will be just fine.

----

On a sidenote: With LJF's Razoreniya island in the works, chances are rising that the next theater of war to be added to DIH Africa will be Guinea-Bissau (after a major update of the current contents, of course).

Yes, I'm still working on it.

But progress is slow due to other commitments (P85, Hell in the Pacific, the FHW community...).

Cheers,

D.

nice looking forward to it!, are you do the to do ethiopia somalia war, I think that would be cool, In on top of that all the vehicles that were used are already in game, So it would just be retexture work.? or are you just doing the Guinea-Bissau War of Independence

Edited by esco7800

Do you think there's any chance you'd be making some African civilians to go with this? I'm currently using your units to make some missions on Duala, but the only African civilians I know of are the ones that come with that island, and they don't look right for a 60's and 70's time period with their clothing and web addresses on their T-shirts etc. That and there are no women. Even a small set of civilians wearing traditional African (or just very plain) clothing would do, because it wouldn't tie them to a specific time period.

You've probably got alot of work to do already but I feel like a more comprehensive set of civilians is one of the main things lacking from the African theatre at the moment.

EDIT

Just read back and saw you were working on some. Did they ever get released?

Edited by 2nd Ranger

are you do the to do ethiopia somalia war

I thought of doing it myself a while back, and I have a lot of info on that conflict - who knows...?

I'm working on a nice side-scenario for a while now. Some 'The Wild Geese'-style mercenaries of my own (my avatar is one of them, btw). But these need to go a long way still. At least I already have some nice missions to be released with them.

Just read back and saw you were working on some. Did they ever get released?

Those are just Chernorussian civilians with african faces. The are 'complete' for ages, but I thought african civilians in winter clothes look rather weird, that's why I never released them.

Cheers,

D.

Is there a standalone version of this? These look like fantastic units for some African special ops missions using Duala, just what I was looking for. It's kind of hard getting everyone on the COOP server to download and install the massive addon packs just to use these great units.

these guys have been my primary opfor since I downloaded the pack many months ago - great targets !

Cheers,

Chapman