Sign in to follow this  
Red Fox RUS

Editing units in MP missions

Hey guys, Had a mission that me and my clan loves to play, sadly there is not a single person that knows how to edit missions in there. Well we were wanting to switch out the MVD units for standard Rus units so that we could have a medic instead of a broken first aid module. Well, I just edited the character types to start with and made them into the apropriate class. Then saved it and repacked it. Though, when I go to load it on the multiplayer set up screen it just flips you back to the mission select. I don't have a clue about a lot of this mission editing stuff and not the time to learn it all but what else do I have to change but the units themselves???

Thanks

Mitchell

Well unpack the PBO into the appropriate folder; Mydocs\arma2\missions\missionname, then open it in the ArmA2 editor. Find the units you want to change in the editor on the map. Double click them and change class "MVD" to "Men" and select which one you want to change to in the Units menu. Save and repack then your done :)

yep, that's exactly what I done. the mission went from running fine to not even going to the unit select screen. I'm wondering if it has something to do with something that is already in the mission.

O btw when I got to my doc's i have 3 arma2 folders: Arma2, Arma2OtherProfiles, and ArmaWork

In my standard Arma2 folder this isn't a subfolder "missions"

Do I need to make a fold in there and place my missions there?

Edited by Red Fox RUS