Sign in to follow this  
riffleman

what we have to do peace in world

when will this end  

63 members have voted

1. 1. when will this end

Ignore Sure 5, verse 51 in the Coran:

"O ye who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians for friends. They are friends one to another. He among you who taketh them for friends is (one) of them. Lo! Allah guideth not wrongdoing folk."

Found it in my printed version of the Coran, but also here:

http://www.altafsir.com/ViewTranslations.asp?Display=yes&SoraNo=5&Ayah=51&Language=2&LanguageID=2&TranslationBook=3

Maybe the Bible and the Tora has statements like that too ... I dunno.

Than learn to ignore that too.

Do I hate religion? No. I hate men who spread hate.

Of course there are simpler things like exploring the space and finding there a suitable place to live. ;)

More likely every country on Earth will have a deathmatch over colonization rights of the new planet. Finding hostile aliens is what mankind needs to unite.

Ignore Sure 5, verse 51 in the Coran:

"O ye who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians for friends. They are friends one to another. He among you who taketh them for friends is (one) of them. Lo! Allah guideth not wrongdoing folk."

Found it in my printed version of the Coran, but also here:

http://www.altafsir.com/ViewTranslations.asp?Display=yes&SoraNo=5&Ayah=51&Language=2&LanguageID=2&TranslationBook=3

Maybe the Bible and the Tora has statements like that too ... I dunno.

Than learn to ignore that too.

Do I hate religion? No. I hate men who spread hate.

All the major religions have things written that look alot like murderous intent. Theres a whole website dedicated to the seemingly mean-spirited passages of the Bible.

I once asked an Islamic Imam about those sorts of passages and his response was that those were relavent only to that time, which happened to be a lot of Tribal/Faith disputes and more. He told me that there were many times in history where the Jewish people lived peacefully among the Arabs when they were being persucuted by Christians.

All of this stuff runs full-circle I guess. Plenty of religious people of different faiths can and have peacefully coexisted just as many,many people have been persecuted, tortured, burned, and killed in the name of the One.

All the major religions have things written that look alot like murderous intent. Theres a whole website dedicated to the seemingly mean-spirited passages of the Bible.

I once asked an Islamic Imam about those sorts of passages and his response was that those were relavent only to that time, which happened to be a lot of Tribal/Faith disputes and more. He told me that there were many times in history where the Jewish people lived peacefully among the Arabs when they were being persucuted by Christians.

All of this stuff runs full-circle I guess. Plenty of religious people of different faiths can and have peacefully coexisted just as many,many people have been persecuted, tortured, burned, and killed in the name of the One.

damn straight!

god is suppost to be our savior yet he alone is the cause of many brutal deaths via religion.

think about it folk ;)

let me delve a little deeper..

the IRA massecred a load of folk on bloody sunday, that is religion based.

the catholics and christians have been at it sinse as far back as it can be remembered.

the jews were persecuted over it.

islam make a big deal out of it but the best part is.......its all one god they worship, its all becuase they call him a different name probably.

so to stop war and create peace.....stop worshiping the one that brings most death and destruction!

Edited by Colt45_GTO

*sigh* Everyone likes to blame religion as the scourge of mankind. Guys, if it wasn't religion, it would be something else. Mankind perverts religion and uses it as a source of power to justify certain means. The actions of the IRA, Catholics and Protestants, Islamic fundamentalists, ect may have been done in the "name" of religion, but were not done in the spirit of or according to the tenets of religion (I'm generalizing here).

To reject religion because it "causes" pain and suffering is stupid. Kind of like refusing to eat because it may give you indigestion. There may be other reasons for rejecting religion, but this should not be one of them. Philosophically, arguments can be made for and against religion, so really it comes down to your worldview and who you think you are and where you came from. To me, logically speaking, the existence of God makes more sense than not. Many people feel that way, and you are never going to eliminate religion from the mind of man.

So, I'll say it again, if it wasn't religion, it would be something else (land usage, ethnic differences, class differences, political differences, you have a mullet and those are gross, ect). Conflict is embedded in our very nature.

-Student Pilot

Finding hostile aliens is what mankind needs to unite.

Funny as it may sound, this is our best bet.

People miss thread topic,what about this thread,thread making purpose of king don lossed somewhere i think.

Jakerod, i hope you seen my spoilers with stats ;)

Student Pilot - if you say about the idea that religion is not war...

look at ex-Yugoslavia - all lived in peace in "commie" atheistic society, later "husband muslim killed wife eastern christian"

a lot of inside-family violence caused by religion appeared

i know that "very religious" people are very hostile to others, i know it from "very catholic" country i live, when in many cases those old ladies (religious, in church every day) will tear off your eyes , cause you not have 10 Jesus and Pope photos on the wall

those are old ladies, but imagine (if there was no communism in Poland) how would they teach their children... massacre :/

a lot of "very religious" or in my speak "fanatics" people do a lot of evil to others in the name of their "god" "church"

people that say they "believe" many times turn upside down religion to justify their will to boss others

in my country there are parties of catholic fanatics - they have 2 or 3% of votes, but they every day show they want rule rest 97% of people by for example : forbiding naked woman in media, forbid this, forbid that and bring shame to my country as "middle aged"

cause this 3% of voters party (LPR) supported by old-alzheimer-ladies party is very loud

if there was no education, no atheist country for 50 years... i would live in real middle age

for me , as atheist - church is evil/devil

maybe not religion rules (decalog 10 comandments) itself , but church & religion co. ltd.

people are false believers - look at priests in army... holy f***

how can anyone baptize by "holy water" tanks - which are made to kill others

if there is commandment "thou shall not kill" ?

priests should be anti-army, cause army is organization trained to kill

Jesus said "forgive enemies, give him second cheek to hit you" so "be modest"

while church in middle ages had Inqusition,

for me "false" man is evil, so if church was false and is false - it is evil

you cannot (according to my sense of morality) say A and do B, say XYZ and do ABC

if religion say "don't kill" , than priest should stay away from army... but they like officer's money... ye...

thats why i think religion as we have - represented by church, is reasons for wars

it is proven by thousand years of religious wars, of wars between even different christian branches, between different muslim branches where Shyyt slaughter Sunnyt, or Sunnyt slaughter Shyyt

religion is reasons while in middle east people kill others and etc.

thats why i am atheist , cause i have one less reason to hate someone "who not want pay money for my god's church"

as others have

if you say that it is stupid St.Pilot, maybe you should learn more about history of Europe in X-XVII centuries ?

if you say that conflict is embeded in our nature - i gave answer :

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=91638&page=7

conflict is because of "capitalistic" lifestyle of "competition", conflict is caused by "greed to have more, greed to be the best"

concerning religions - i remember one website of one US militia , guys living in forests , sleeping with M16 and website of "white supremacy" was full of crosses ... and bible quotes

fanatics are made by religions

as people who (in my country) teach irrational : "condom is evil, sex is evil, sex only after marriage" < it is sick

Edited by vilas

@St. Pilot:

You might be right - in general.

But as my post showed in just one example - and, again, it's just one example from the Quoran and there might be similiar quotes possible from Bible and Tora, - religion enforces hatred (at least: alienation) between men.

"Imagine there's no heaven, above us only sky ..."

But atheists are always weaker than religious folks.

For their lack of fanatism/fundamentalism.

There are no suicide-atheists-bombers ... so "peace in the world" and the atheists always lose.

In fact it seems to me the atheists are the only who indeed worship the given world and not destroying it by dreaming of the next one.

But then what about the environmental catastrophy the former East German goverment left behind? Seems in Russia there are also many places contaminated ... like Chernobyl?

Edited by Herbal Influence

Vilas, a lot of the examples you mention in the your first paragraph are not required by the Christian religion. Rather, they are examples of people creating man-made laws and calling them "laws of God". Having certain icons on walls, praying to certain saints, banning certain broad genres of music, ect are man-made and not God-given. Now, certain laws, such as those prohibiting sexual immorality (nude women in media, for example) seem to have a basis in God-given law (thou shalt not commit adultery, which is inclusive of all sexual immorality).

if there is commandment "thou shall not kill" ?

Actually, a better translation is "thou shalt not murder". Killing is permissible under certain circumstances, including defending oneself or one's family and in times of war. Also, be careful not to confuse the commandments given to individuals and the commands given to governments. Each have their own purpose and their own guidelines to follow.

As for history, I am familiar with the turbulent history of the 10th to 17th centuries. You claim the conflicts are religious in nature, I counter that they were political in nature. Certain parties only used "God" and the promise of "eternal life" to advance their political agendas. Do not believe for one second that the Papacy is only a religious institution and has nothing to do with politics. The many wars fought in the middle ages were more often than not fought between nations and provinces.

conflict is because of "capitalistic" lifestyle of "competition", conflict is caused by "greed to have more, greed to be the best"

You are confusing causation with side-effect. Conflict is not caused because of a capitalistic lifestyle. Rather, the capitalistic lifestyle is so popular and works so well because men by nature love conflict. This is the reason no communistic entity has ever worked, nor will ever work. Communism requires perfect harmony, which is impossible due to human nature. Capitalism capitalizes itself (I'm so clever...) on man's natural inclination toward greed and conflict, hence why it works. Capitalism does not result in conflict, instead, conflict produces capitalism.

-Student Pilot

EDIT:

@Herbal Influence

"Imagine there's no heaven, above us only sky ..."

Quite frankly, that song scares the hell out of me.

You may be right that religion has the propensity to created hatred among men. However, the reason for this is not the religion itself, but rather sinful man's imperfect adherence to religious principles.

And I disagree about atheist fanaticism. They may not be religiously fanatical, but there are plenty of atheists that are fanatical when it comes to environmental issues, globalism, capitalism, ect. Just because they are not fanatical about religion doesn't mean fanatical atheists are non-existent. In the same way, just because someone is religious doesn't mean they are fanatical. (In America, it seems to be quite the opposite. Most Americans, contrary to what people may think, are frustratingly ambivalent in their religious beliefs)

EDIT EDIT:

Btw, Herbal, I cannot comment on the Quran in general. I do not have a sufficient enough understanding of Islam to truly know what it teaches and confesses. My observations come from my Christian beliefs. Someone well-versed in the Quran would have to comment on your point that was made.

Edited by Student Pilot

St.Pilot - i live in catholic country and belive me - i feel sick of it many times, many times when i hear "oral sex ? what a degradation and you will burn in hell" or "we don't use condoms cause church...." and in effect i know many marriages that have violence inside, but they married "because of pregnancy" and later they are arguing and live in conflict cause they had to marry each other because of non-condom act

or forbidding abortion or euthanasia etc.

if i will be disabled i wanna die, no fu*** christian will tell me "suffer for jesus", if my life not contain fun and joy, no sense to live

bishop drive car drunk and break speed limits "what the problem" because priest can...

i know few marriages, not happy, but they had no sex before, no live before (in one room, cause "it is sin") and when they married they found that they not match each other, cause sex is essential to love , so they live in aggression, conflicts, later divorce, cause "dear sheeps , do not live in one room before holy sacrament of marriage, do not sleep together"

and later do not use condoms, and after month "ooops, we not match each other, but she is pregnant"

i know some such villagers (traditional strong catholicism in Poland)

i know that 30% of such population say "we don't kiss those places" and when you kiss, they look at you like "devil, he must be bad and evil man cause he like this"

how can anything which gives pleasure can be called "bad" ? "bad" is something that gives pain, suffering, poverty, hunger etc.

concerning lifestyle - than i have quit "rat race" company when i worked once to work in easy cooperative old people company , cause i prefer peace and friendship than competition and rats race and many of us, who lived in both systems (you not lived there before 1989) prefer old , easier work style and less stress, cause stress is killing , you not understand it, cause all your live you lived in capitalism

my parents and family remember completely opposite way of work, life etc.

and how you know that in bible there is "murder" not "kill" ???

cause US send troops than for you bible must be other ?

i was taught "give another cheek if enemy will hit you in first cheek" - Jesus Christ

you are seems to taught "kill ugly communist bastards" ???

different commandments ?

as far as i know bible it is "thou shall not kill" - kill includes soldiers too

if you are familiar with history of Europe and you say that those conflicts were not religious.. than i am surprised

if church was ruling along with king and state was invading other state "to give them god" than it is 100% religion war

conflicts between Poland and Germany in X century and later were because we were Pagan back than and we tolerated Pagan religion and a lot of Tatars (Muslims) we had there also in XV century

our conflict with Russians was later because we were catholics and they not, so our church wanted to show them "our god" in XVII century

Poland was one of strongest countries in XVII century and our church wanted invade other countries where there was other god or the same god but not the same church

a lot problems in world were due to church

and what is religion ? it is illusion made by priests to have money and make obey people

Lenin told "religion is opium for people" and he was right , so many "witches" burned at the stakes, so many Indians killed by Inquisition after baptization etc. so many people in other countries died because one or another Allah believer detonated bomb

all is due to church/priests/religion

not to confuse the commandments given to individuals and the commands given to governments.

i call it "moral relativism"

Kali stolen cow - good, from Kali someone stole cow - bad

no - kill means kill, do not kill and thats all, like do not lie, do not steal etc.

or is it some kind of "westernians" morality ?

one country stoned to death woman - tradition, good, cause they buy M16 and M113 and F16 ???

another country, stoned to death woman - bad, non human, cause they buy AK and BMP and MiG ???

or "spy" morality? or "gang morality"

one TV journalist asked gang member "how would you feel if someone would stole your car" "i would beat him to death"

if people have double morality, it causes problems, cause other people in world see "bad" things you don't want to see

no matter if they are ex-USSR, Arabs, etc.

religion have been one of reasons for conflicts and wars, specially in X-XIX ages

of course liquidation of religion, like USSR tried, won't work, because people need god:

- when poor and weak to have hope and not fell pain dying

- to not be so evil, to afraid of hell and punishment

- to be better waiting for reward for being good

- to believe, cause less educated people (past) need "beliefs" instead of knowledge they don't have about environment and world

- to work and obey, cause otherwise they would throw away every rulers, and it would be against interests of "elites"

Edited by vilas

Vilas, you seem to have some serious anger issues. I really do not see the need to use foul language in a civilized debate.

Again, the examples you provide in your first paragraph are not God-given law. The Bible says nowhere to not use condoms. That is a man-made Roman Catholic law that I personally do not agree with. As for sex before marriage, yes, the Bible does prohibit that. It falls under the whole "do not commit adultery" thing. And the marriages you describe are not what are pictured in the Bible as being the ideal marriage. Again, we come to the issue of man corrupting something that is supposed to be beautiful and wonderful. Far be it from me to tell you how to make love to your wife. As long as you love her and give yourself only to her, I am not going to tell you how to do it. If you both like oral sex, go for it. If something else tickles your fancy, go for it. Those "prohibitions" are nothing more than man-made laws handed down by prudes and old men who have been prohibited from anything resembling a true, loving, interpersonal relationship (something else I disagree with).

"Thou shalt not kill" vs "thou shalt not murder" is a matter of translation from the original Hebrew text. I personally cannot read Hebrew, but many of my friends are seminarians who can and tell me that the context of the verse indicates the proper translation is murder and not kill. Any further, deeper answer from me is definitely going to result in mods telling us to quit this religious conversation (and we've already probably tipped past that point anyway), so I will leave it at that.

Regarding the middle ages, I have NEVER said that religion was not involved. Rather, I think you are missing the point of what the REAL reason for the wars were. The purpose of those wars and conflicts, the massacres, and the killings was to consolidate power. During the middle ages, religion was the favorite reason for declaring war, as it gave anyone immunity for their actions. Religion was not the CAUSE of these wars, man's innate desire for power and control was. Religion was only the unfortunate puppet that was used as a means to an end. The Pope may have used God as a motivation to carry out the crusades, but you cannot convince me that the real reason for the crusades was not to take over an invaluable trading spot between Europe and Asia/India.

-Student Pilot

EDIT:

Just out of curiosity Vilas, you mentioned moral relativism. What do you ascribe to? Are you a moral relativist or an absolutist?

Edited by Student Pilot

ascribe ?

to people (across ages) with "morality" - when "he kill us - good, we kill him - nevermind"

or governors/kings/presidents etc.

even look at propaganda saying "country XYZ is bad, breaking human rights, we will invade them" and troops are sent (for economical reasons) but saying about "evil dictator" , while in other countries (with whom someone cooperates) worse things are happening

in PL we use "moral relativism" to those who use "different standarts" to "we" and "them"

when party X is in oposition , it says "lower cost of administration, fight with nepotism", when they win elections they employ cousins and give salary better than before

and why you divide religion and "man made law" ?

if it comes from one source - priest/church/mulla/muesin/monk etc.

and bible, bible was rewritten in middle ages (church made it )

look at celibacy

it was made in XI century, cause priests were giving money to their families, so pope decided to break them from society as other class

and you still forgetting (if you are christian) about Jesus

real Christian, following Jesus, will always "give another cheek" and "forgive enemies", not train army and etc.

moral relativism is also "choosing commandments"

for me - if you say you believe - you must follow strictly (like Coran schools followers - they are real believers) , like in army you follow "regulamin"

not "i choose to follow this, but i won't follow that"

follow all or throw it away

we call it "Dulshchysna"

because in PL literature there is good book "morality of Ms. Dulska" XIX century

Ms. Dulska had son, she very cared about "opinion" "what people will say" she cared about "being good Christian" going to church, etc.

and her son slept for fun with servant/maid and ms. Dulska thrown away pregnant woman from home instead of care about unborn child , her grandchild

or in UK TV there is great serial ms. Bukete - Keeping Up Appearances

great serial :D

totaly Ms. Dulska - it is "moral relativism"

and for me , when you say "murder not kill" and forgeting "Jesus give enemy bread" issues - you do the same

if you are christian - follow Christ, throw away arms, throw away possession, competition, live helping others as volunteer in hospicium, volunteer helping homeless etc.

moral relativism is in my country "negative term" about people who :

- see that in Iran there are broken human rights, cause they have AK, BMP, MiG

- not see stoned to death woman in Saudi Arabia, shariat law, cause Saudi has Bradley, M4, F16 etc.

if US bombed Iraq, why not bomb Saudi Arabia - they have the same law, shariat, old fart 70 years old marry 10 years old girl, girls stoned to death on streets etc.

Iraq was quite atheistic (as for their standards) country back than

i have seen some arabian street executions movies and as i remember Saudi

or death punishment /// i am not catholic, not christian, i am usual "metal head" who not believe in those lies, in this illusion made by monks and priests since Ancient Egypt when they discovered "religion" :P which of course is usefull, cause people do good things waiting for reward in heaven and not do bad afraiding of hell :]

i throw away "god" when i was some 17, i watched local gangsters going to mass to church every Sunday and people who hated us (long hair, black clothes) and called as bad

while we - metals, not stealing, not violence, just Metallica tshirt - are "bad" in their eyes, while thief/gangster/robber not ???

or look at Sicilian Mafy and ... church relations of it , wearing crosses, close contact to priests etc.

i found "if this is god/church for gangster who steal/rob and goes every sunday with wife, than this god is my enemy"

if this god let Stalin lived long and small children die because of cancer - than this god is my enemy

cause "real existing god" would strike evil people and rewarded "good" people :)

but Jon Pope 2 said death penalty is wrong cause it is against commandment "thou shall not kill"

so why people who calling themselves christians do it ??? why ???

why there are priests in army ? why they not follow Jesus strictly ???

i simply think that "if you believe, you must follow strictly without any exceptions" just like regular-law in Army (we call it "regulamin" - how to fast, what to wear, just like soldiers from HonorGuard)

even look at Talibs, Chechen terrorists who blown bombs under Russian flats, hospitals etc. - all using religion to make others obey

as atheist i see no reasons to fight with others, but when religion comes to slave me - i see such reason

maybe without religions we would have more peace in the world

cause some arabian teenagers would ask themselves "what is difference between me and white man"

now they have one answer "devil that not follow Allah" from their religion local leaders

without religions maybe there would be more peace

in middle ages we fought with Russians cause they were orthodox ... they have holy-days 2 weeks later... they have other churches, they have other clothes of priests - real reasons to kill anyone... yeah... for people with IQ = 70, but it was like that in 1600

Edited by vilas

and why you divide religion and "man made law" ?

Because there is a difference. Human theologians love to add their own "laws" to what was given in the Bible. Many of these "laws" have no theological ground whatsoever. They are, therefore, not God-give religious laws, but rather, man-made laws of what we want God to command to us.

and bible, bible was rewritten in middle ages (church made it )

The Bible as we know it comes from many ancient texts written in Hebrew, Greek, and Latin. The church did not "make it" in the middle ages.

it was made in XI century, cause priests were giving money to their families, so pope decided to break them from society as other class

and you still forgetting (if you are christian) about Jesus

real Christian, following Jesus, will always "give another cheek" and "forgive enemies", not train army and etc.

Again, the commands to individuals and commands to governments are different. Yes, Jesus told us to forgive, and we as individuals need to. But government has the power to punish wrongdoings. This authority extends to imprisonment, capital punishment, and war. If you recall from the Old Testament, Israel had to engage in warfare to found their state, and their warfare was blessed by God. You cannot take something that is meant to be applied to individuals (forgiveness) and apply it to governments. These are two different subjects with two different treatments.

-Student Pilot

EDIT:

Please do not think that I am making this stuff about individuals and governments up out of thin air. I am only repeating what many great Christian theologians have said throughout history. There is general recognition that the state is instituted by God to maintain order while the church is instituted to save mankind

Edited by Student Pilot

The Bible as we know it comes from many ancient texts written in Hebrew, Greek, and Latin. The church did not "make it" in the middle ages.

really ? and you had said you know history...

http://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biblia

http://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wulgata

Vulgata ??? 5-th century

latin prescription later presribed from latin to national languages

pope George 7-th forbid to read bible to people, only church had right to tell "what is inside"

year 1229

in XVI century there was another national translation etc.

usual people across ages have known ONLY church versions

you really not know history

I am only repeating what many great Christian theologians have said throughout history.

i don't know biggest liars than theologists and PR marketing managers ;)

total "moral relativism" is among them... they say about "being clean" and they visit brothels

my aunt worked some years in ambulance and had 4 birth calling in Orders (nuns)

church was keeping hands on Bible as KGB was keeping hands on documents about Katyn

index of forbidden books, ring any bell ?

1546 Trident Sobor, ring any bell ?

Psalm 67, 13
Wulgata: Król, moc umiłowanych, umiłowanych, i domy okazania się, podzielili łupy.
Wujek: Król zastępów umiłowanego, umiłowanego, i piękności domu rozdzielać korzyści.
Tekst oryginalny: Królowie z wojskami uciekali, uciekali: ale pani domu dzieliła łupy.

5-century latin > national : King, lots of loved ones, loved ones, and houses , they divided spoils

ca. 1550: King of loved ones, loved One and beauty, they share profits

SPOILS (something taken by force from other person ) vs PROFITS (something taken from work)

direct from Hebrew: Kings with arms escaped, escaped, but she (wife???) was dividing spoils

many things in Bible , known by people across ages, across over 1000 years , was made by Church

law for "rulers, government" and commandments for "usual people"

what will be next your proposal? "rule for poor and for the rich" "rule for White and rule for Black" ?

i think we had it in history...

Edited by vilas

why people dieing like animals.

Because man is a species of animal.

Assuming that power, greed, and desire are built into human nature, what is stopping people from overcoming them? If they realize that this force is acting on them, why can they not stop it?

Though many conflicts have deliberately been based on religious reasons ... atheism I fear is nothing less brutal ... think about Stalins victims ... should be millions and Mao Tse Tung ... many, many victims.

Both declared atheists.

But it is more perverse to kill in the name of god than for simple interests.

I think that remains a fact.

So lez all get atheists for that our killing doesn't look that perverse ... ?

atheism I fear is nothing less brutal

Atheism is nothing more than the state of following no god/religion. It doesn't have any other qualities so it can't be brutal, discriminating, violent or anything other than unreligious (or ungodly if you want it to mean that).

Assuming that power, greed, and desire are built into human nature, what is stopping people from overcoming them? If they realize that this force is acting on them, why can they not stop it?

Because identity, ideology or destitution can be too powerful to overcome. Sometimes people don't want to stop it because they are fighting for these factors, rather than it merely being a case of greed. But of course the reason for the conflict depends on perspective.

Desire for money is impossible to stop because entire world today is built around money... :rolleyes:

Assuming that power, greed, and desire are built into human nature, what is stopping people from overcoming them?

Their humanity, obviously.

"They" are humans and humans do stupid things - dont bother and try to prevent them doing this! ;)

History repeats itself - only the style and perhaps the places change.

Cruel world isnt it - on one side the humans are amusing themselves to death while on the other side they perish.

Finding hostile aliens is what mankind needs to unite.
There are no aliens who are dumb enough to fight against humans on earth. Earth and humans arent that important. Such things only work in movies/tv series. :p

Their humanity, obviously.

Many people have though. Maybe not desire in its entirety but some have overcome the "screw over whoever I can to get what I want" part of it. So what prevents the rest? Do they not realize? Do they not care?

There are no aliens who are dumb enough to fight against humans on earth. Earth and humans arent that important. Such things only work in movies/tv series.

I'm thinking that if we ever get a ship that can travel between star systems someone is going to take an interest in us. Probably not in a good way either. Or at least not once we start spreading.

i notice alot of arguement based on people getting killed. well, when you die, r u dying or getting killed? if u get shot, did u die, or get killed? when u have cancer and die, did u die or get killed? everyone has to die. everyone is killing. how did they die? was it easy and comfortable? or did u get beheaded by some mountainers on heroin and filmed? did u get a bullet to the head or did u get blown up at a supermarket with your children, or by your children? since we all die or get killed why is everyone arguing about life or death? its always gonna happen regardless who or where you are the more important thing is do you respect both life and death

Edited by hitcorp