Sign in to follow this  
-TW- Quintus

ArmA II Dedicated server + addons help

Hi there. I have a small problem with my server which I can't solve.

My Goal:

Adding ACE2 to my server so that I can run ACE2 maps on it:yay:

My setup:

It's a dedicated server hosted at a server park. It works splendid without any mods added to the command line or shortcut. This is the shortcut of the Dedicated server located at the server park:

C:\gameservers\myname\ArmA2Server.exe -port=2303 -name=default -config=defaultserver.cfg -cfg=defaultArma2.cfg -profiles=default -mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX

The Problem

When I add the mentioned mods to the command line, the server doesn't show up in the server list.

To me it seems like the command line is correct. I've tested it on a Dedicated server on my own rig at home and the command line works perfectly. I've used my own ArmA 2 install folder to set it up. The shortcut of the Dedicated server located on my own rig is:

"E:\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\ArmA2Server.exe" -port=2303 -name=default -config=default\server.cfg -cfg=default\Arma2.cfg -profiles=default -mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX

It shows up in the multiplayer list and I can play on it. It's far from perfect as I'm running two ArmA 2 games at the same time.

My thoughts:

None as of yet. But do all four ACE2 maps (userconfig,@ACEX,@ACE,@CBA) have to be uploaded to the main folder of my Dedicated server, in this case C:\gameservers\myname and added to the ArmA2Server shortcut to load? I haven't added the full 1GB+ ACEX folder to my server, only an empty folder named "@ACEX". The other 3 folders are completely uploaded to the server.

I hope everyone reading this can understand it, if not feel free to ask what's the problem:).

Kind regards, Quintus

Edited by |TW| Quintus

what does the server log say? does the server work, if you join directly?

Of course, the log! I've checked it and it says that I logged in but disconnected soon afterwards:

15:07:56 Host identity created.

15:10:50 Quintus uses modified data file - CA;@ACE;@ACEX;@CBA

15:10:50 Player Quintus connecting.

15:11:09 Player Quintus connected (id=2161990).

15:11:23 Admin Quintus logged in.

15:11:30 Mission co@50 ACE Air Cav A2 1.11 read from bank.

15:11:36 Mission co@50 ACE Air Cav A2 1.11 read from bank.

15:11:57 Mission co@54 ACE Nightstrike 1.08 read from bank.

15:12:03 Mission co@30 ACE Vicious Villains 1.3X read from bank.

15:12:05 Player Quintus disconnected.

15:12:05 Admin Quintus logged out.

15:59:50 Quintus uses modified data file - CA;@ACE;@ACEX;@CBA

15:59:50 Player Quintus connecting.

16:00:13 Player Quintus connected (id=2161990).

16:17:31 Mission co@40 DomiA2! ACE West Revive [1.22] read from bank.

16:17:50 Admin Quintus logged in.

16:18:04 Player Quintus disconnected.

16:18:04 Admin Quintus logged out.

16:18:04 All users disconnected, waiting for users.

16:31:04 Quintus uses modified data file - CA;@ACE;@ACEX;@CBA

16:31:04 Player Quintus connecting.

16:31:22 Admin Quintus logged in.

16:31:22 Player Quintus connected (id=2161990).

16:32:07 Mission co@12ACE Op. Cerberus v1.00[KD] read from bank.

16:32:10 Mission co@40 DomiA2! ACE West Ranked [1.22] read from bank.

16:33:53 Player Quintus disconnected.

16:33:53 Admin Quintus logged out.

so it looks like your server is running fine. got the problem when i tried to join a ACE Server without ACE on the client side.

is that the log from your dedicated you are not able to connect to?

Correct, it's the log file from the dedicated server that I cannon join. I've got the latest version (183) installed on both the client side and the server side.

edit: The log was of course from before the server didn't show up anymore in the list. This happened after I've changed the shortcut to C:\gameservers\myname\ArmA2Server.exe -port=2303 -name=default -config=defaultserver.cfg -cfg=defaultArma2.cfg -profiles=default -mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX

Edited by |TW| Quintus

I hope you can sort this out before one of the BI moderators locks yet another valuable thread (whatever collective genius decided that all ACE topics belong buried in a single thread with thousands of post, isn't doing the community here any favors).

I'm going to tackle setting it up on our dedi later in the week and I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Edited by Thirdup

This isn't about ACE2 alone, as it also happens with other mods I think. I just want to know what's the correct way to correctly install addons on my server. In this case I want to install the ACE2 addon but it might as well be any other addon.

Sorry for the bump,

I now understand why my server isn't showing up in the server list anymore. The name of the server has been changed from

"The Wolfpack Public @ serververhuur.com"

to

"WIN-NHWHY93JXGM" in the server list

How is this possible? I've got the name listed in the server.cfg file as

"The Wolfpack Public @ serververhuur.com" but still it comes out as "WIN-NHWHY93JXGM"...

But this at least fixes the missing server case, now on to the next problem!

When I try to load a map that uses the ACE plugin the map doesn't load but instead switches back to the map list menu. Any thought on this problem? Standard maps load no problem.

Sorry for the bump,

I now understand why my server isn't showing up in the server list anymore. The name of the server has been changed from

"The Wolfpack Public @ serververhuur.com"

to

"WIN-NHWHY93JXGM" in the server list

How is this possible? I've got the name listed in the server.cfg file as

"The Wolfpack Public @ serververhuur.com" but still it comes out as "WIN-NHWHY93JXGM"...

That happens when the server config (the argument to the -config=... parameter isn't read. When dedi cannot load the config it reverts to using the computer name instead. Double-check the paths used with the -config (and -cfg) parameters.
But this at least fixes the missing server case, now on to the next problem!

When I try to load a map that uses the ACE plugin the map doesn't load but instead switches back to the map list menu. Any thought on this problem? Standard maps load no problem.

That could be the server not actually loading the mods.

Make sure the server is actually launched with the shortcut parameters you indicated and that it is set to run in the right folder (C:\gameservers\myname\ in your case)

Edited by Killswitch
spelingk ellors

yeah what killswitch said. can u post a log of the server after u can not join?

Thanks guys! I've send your feedback to my host, see if they can fix the shortcut.

Here's a part of the log:

1604 Quintus uses modified data file - CA;@ACE;@ACEX;@CBA

1604 Player Quintus connecting.

1622 Admin Quintus logged in.

1622 Player Quintus connected (id=2161990).

16:32:07 Mission co@12ACE Op. Cerberus v1.00[KD] read from bank.

16:32:10 Mission co@40 DomiA2! ACE West Ranked [1.22] read from bank.

16:33:53 Player Quintus disconnected.

16:33:53 Admin Quintus logged out.

As you can see, the missions are all read from bank, but after that, nothing (And I just disconnect from the server myself.).

I'll post a full server log when I come back home from work.

Edited by |TW| Quintus

I've changed the shortcut to C:\gameservers\myname\ArmA2Server.exe -port=2303 -name=default -config=defaultserver.cfg -cfg=defaultArma2.cfg -profiles=default -mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX

You need to place your "defaultArma2.cfg" & "defaultserver.cfg" files into "ArmA2\default" folder as this folder is now defined as the folder where your cfg & profile files reside with those parameters.

Hi! Im renting server from gamservers.com. We have Arma2 up to go with the latest version ARMA2Patch_105_to_107. But we struggling violently to get ACE2 to run. It is Currently running @ CBA; @ ACE; @ ACEX on the server. But im getting an error msg when trying to join the server:

Files "@acex_sm\addons\acexpla_c_formz_core.pbo", "@acex_sm_c_sound_men.pbo" etc.etc are not signed by key accepted on this server. To play on this server, remove listd files or install additonal accepted keys.

What is wrong?

Logitrust: part of server config defines

/* 
Enables signature verification for addons
this will prevent pbo hacks by only allowing pbos that pass servers public key checks
*/
verifySignatures=1;

in the server folder is /Keys

with ACE they change every new beta - sixupdater sorts most of this but the server dictates what can and cant be used - everybody inc the server needs identical .bikey

Quintus: you have to be very precise with many folders and the way they are referenced

REM
title Batch file Launch example - ArmA2 + Addon
REM windaz
REM
REM sets root directory
CD C:\SERVER\ArmA2_SERVER\ArmA2
REM
REM launches game
START "C:\SERVER\ArmA2_SERVER\ArmA2\beta\arma2server.exe" -port=2302 -name=The Wolfpack Public @ serververhuur.com -config=C:\SERVER\ArmA2_SERVER\server.cfg -cfg=C:\SERVER\ArmA2_SERVER\arma2.cfg -profile=C:\SERVER\ArmA2_SERVER\SERVERprofile.arma2profile -mod=beta;@CBA;@CBA_A2;x\oac\oac_core;x\caa1;@ACE;@ACEX;@gdt;@ACEX_SM;@zcommon_ace -exThreads=7

linux struggles big time with mixed capitols

pretty much as always the devil is in the detail :s

Kamakazi: Thanks for your reply, but does unfortunately not seem to work.

This is my arma2server.RPT after i have set verifySignatures=0; in the server.cgf file.

=====================================================================

== c:\games\217_195_179_109\853524\arma2\arma2server.exe

== c:\games\217_195_179_109\853524\arma2\arma2server.exe -port=2302 -config=default\server.cfg -cfg=default\arma2.cfg -profiles=default -mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_SM

Exe timestamp: 2010/06/30 04:13:44

Current time: 2010/09/07 20:11:47

Item str_disp_server_control listed twice

Updating base class Turrets->Turrets, by x\acex_sm\addons\c_sound_veh_armor\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BMP2_Base/Turrets/

Updating base class MainTurret->MainTurret, by x\acex_sm\addons\c_sound_veh_armor\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BMP2_Base/Turrets/MainTurret/

Updating base class Turrets->Turrets, by x\ace\addons\c_vehicle\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BMP2_Base/Turrets/MainTurret/Turrets/

Updating base class MainTurret->MainTurret, by x\ace\addons\c_vehicle\config.bin/CfgVehicles/AAV/Turrets/MainTurret/

01: Deathmatch: string @str_mpdeathmatch_subname cannot be localized client-side - move to global stringtable

Server error: Player without identity Logitrust (id *********)

Missing addons detected:

oh2_wheeled

Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.oh2_wheeled

Edited by Logitrust

hello,

this is my server's commandline:

-port=2602 -name= -config=server.cfg -cfg=Arma2.cfg -profiles=server -mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@ACE;@ACEX;@A2WarMod;@A2WarModSM;@islands 

This is from Defcon servers Game server for Arma 2. I have no issues with my server or game, and can get on np,

just showing it as an example.

I think your close - the error implies a missmatch of mods between the server and the client

specific files the first time @ACEX_PLA and @ACEX_SM

the second bit in .rpt also reminds me of a problem from a while back when mixing versions of ACE etc.

recheck what the server IS running not what you think is there

ensure and prove the mods launch ie cfg files are used/loaded

make sure the @mods and .bisign in the /Keys folder also match between client and server its very fussy and specific

Reboot server !!

adjust cfg

repeat till satisfied

make each change simple - logical -replicatable

repeat till satisfied - its part of the fun of BI games the amount of 'special' nerdiness needed

you might want to edit above

##Server error: Player without identity Logitrust (id 123456789)##

If your going to add mods to a server just put everything on the server how its

setup on your computer, that means you need what the mod needs to run:

@mod's folder/addons

Keys

userconfig (if applies)

just put it all on there and you wont have issues.

Same for missions if you edit a mission for MP and use stuff in the mission thats

not on the server then you may run into issues where the server will spit out an error

at you that says something along the lines as you cannot play or edit this mission ect.,

okei, done that. have now another problem after adding some mods, all is done after the ''book''.

modstring:

-mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_SM;@ACEX_PLA;@ACRE;@CSM2;@TRFW;@TRTV

arma2server.RPT:

== c:\games\217_195_179_109\853524\arma2\arma2server.exe

== c:\games\217_195_179_109\853524\arma2\arma2server.exe -port=2302 -config=default\server.cfg -cfg=default\arma2.cfg -profiles=default -port=2302 -config=default\server.cfg -cfg=default\arma2.cfg -profiles=default -mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_SM;@ACEX_PLA;@ACRE;@CSM2;@TRFW;@TRTV

Exe timestamp: 2010/06/30 04:13:44

Current time: 2010/09/10 06:10:04

Item str_disp_server_control listed twice

Updating base class Turrets->Turrets, by trsm_tracked_vehicles_cfg\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BMP2_Base/Turrets/

Updating base class MainTurret->MainTurret, by trsm_tracked_vehicles_cfg\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BMP2_Base/Turrets/MainTurret/

Updating base class Turrets->Turrets, by trsm_tracked_vehicles_cfg\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BMP2_Base/Turrets/MainTurret/Turrets/

Updating base class MainTurret->MainTurret, by trsm_tracked_vehicles_cfg\config.bin/CfgVehicles/AAV/Turrets/MainTurret/

Updating base class M4A1_AIM_SD_camo->ACE_M4A1_ACOG, by x\csm2\addons\c_wep_rifle\config.cpp/cfgWeapons/ACE_M4A1_ACOG_SD/

Updating base class M4A1_AIM_SD_camo->M4A1_Aim, by x\csm2\addons\c_wep_rifle\config.cpp/cfgWeapons/ACE_M4A1_Aim_SD/

01: Deathmatch: string @str_mpdeathmatch_subname cannot be localized client-side - move to global stringtable

Server error: Player without identity Logitrust (id ******)

When setting up server and map. (Dom.) it just hangs up and waiting for host. Can it be one of the mods?

Somthing like this appears after stoping the server/restarting sometimes.

(arma2server.RPT):

NetServer::finishDestroyPlayer(1822599304): DESTROY immediately after CREATE, both cancelled

NetServer::finishDestroyPlayer(2061780532): DESTROY immediately after CREATE, both cancelled

NetServer::finishDestroyPlayer(606790407): DESTROY immediately after CREATE, both cancelled.

No idea how to continue.

thanks in advance

arma2server. exe -port=2302 -config=default\server.cfg -cfg=default\arma2.cfg -profiles=default -port=2302 -config=default\server.cfg -cfg=default\arma2.cfg -profiles=default -mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_SM;@ACEX_PLA;@ACRE;@CSM2 ;@TRFW;@TRTV

any reason to have -config -cfg -port -profiles twice ?

-mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_SM;@ACEX_PLA;@ACRE;@CSM2;@TRFW;@TRTV
Apart from the config/cfg/port/profiles that are present twice (as mentioned by Dwarden), there's also a space between @CSM2 and ;@TRF which needs to go.

arma2server. exe -port=2302 -config=default\server.cfg -cfg=default\arma2.cfg -profiles=default -port=2302 -config=default\server.cfg -cfg=default\arma2.cfg -profiles=default -mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_SM;@ACEX_PLA;@ACRE;@CSM2 ;@TRFW;@TRTV

any reason to have -config -cfg -port -profiles twice ?

hehe, no idea. But the problem is solved. My main problem was that i forgot the -exThreads=1 in the modstring.