Sign in to follow this  
mrbinkels

Performance increase in ARMA 2 with Dirt2 hotfix drivers

Hi folks, new to the forum although I've been following for a while now and wanted to share this.

I had a modest increase in FPS (IN ARMA 2) with the Dirt2 hotfix drivers and my XFX 5870. The hotfix claims it's for crossfire only however. Anyway YMMV but I was pleasantly surprised.

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/GPU41-Hotfix-to-improve-Dirt2-performance.aspx

Edited by mrbinkels
apparently for clarification X2

uh who really cares?

Go tell the Codemasters people. I'm sure they would get excited about that.

This is Arma2 forum YOU FOOL!

Luhgnut;1510371']uh who really cares?

Easy there Tiger.

Luhgnut;1510371']uh who really cares?

First off, I know what forum I'm on and second you're a DB. Third, I clarified the post so your tiny brain (Luhgnut) can understand it. Thanks for welcoming me to the forums:rolleyes:.

Edited by mrbinkels

First off, I know what forum I'm on and second you're a DB. Third, I clarified the post so your tiny brain (Luhgnut) can understand it. Thanks for welcoming me to the forums:rolleyes:.

lol..

Welcome! :yay::yay:

Hi folks, new to the forum although I've been following for a while now and wanted to share this.

I had a modest increase in FPS (IN ARMA 2) with the Dirt2 hotfix drivers and my XFX 5870. The hotfix claims it's for crossfire only however. Anyway YMMV but I was pleasantly surprised.

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/GPU41-Hotfix-to-improve-Dirt2-performance.aspx

that sounds pretty intresting, and welcome to forums! :)

Dont mind some jerks here.

anyways, how big boost of FPS are we talking about here? :P

Thanks for editing your post to reflect Arma2. When you posted, you announced how you got FPS increase with Dirt2 drivers.

So my post was warranted based on your unedited initial post.

So don't palm-slap me then go back and then edit your first post to justify your position.

Welcome to the forum then.

Wellcome to the forum.

Things like this are allways apriciated, better performence, more fun...

More specifically, only for

o ATI Radeonâ„¢ HD 5000 Series

o ATI Radeonâ„¢ HD 4000 Series

o ATI Radeonâ„¢ HD 3000 Series

o ATI Radeonâ„¢ HD 2000 Series

Wich leaves me in the cold again with legacy card of about 2 years old. I hate ATI support :S

Does this Only work with 9.11 ? Cause 9.11 gives me worse performance than 9.10...

More specifically, only for

o ATI Radeonâ„¢ HD 5000 Series

o ATI Radeonâ„¢ HD 4000 Series

o ATI Radeonâ„¢ HD 3000 Series

o ATI Radeonâ„¢ HD 2000 Series

Wich leaves me in the cold again with legacy card of about 2 years old. I hate ATI support :S

This is a CrossfireX patch, and I don't think your x1000 or older card is capable of CrossfireX linking.

Edited by Max Power

Luhgnut;1510458']my post was warranted based on your unedited initial post.

So don't palm-slap me then go back and then edit your first post to justify your position.

No, you didn't use common sense. He said he installed a particular set of drivers and got a FPS boost, a bit of common sense lets you assume he's talking about FPS in Arma2, not some other game.

Don't try and justify being an asshat :p

Luhgnut;1510458']Thanks for editing your post to reflect Arma2. When you posted' date=' you announced how you got FPS increase with Dirt2 drivers.

So my post was warranted based on your unedited initial post.

Welcome to the forum then.[/quote']

Palm slap, that's funny as hell.

No, you didn't use common sense. He said he installed a particular set of drivers and got a FPS boost, a bit of common sense lets you assume he's talking about FPS in Arma2, not some other game.

Don't try and justify being an asshat :p

Male pride.. Everyone else understood..

MAJORITY RULES In FAVOR OF NEW GUY! :yay:

This is a CrossfireX patch, and I don't think your x1000 or older card is capable of CrossfireX linking.

Its a FULL driver with a Dirt2 fix in it and some other lil stuff... Its better than the WHQL 9.11, but they are both broken with CCC AF settings... Though in game AF works fine. You can CF with a PE850XT...

As for the fixes being for 5xx series WELL duh, its for DX11 in Dirt2... But it does have some newer fixes than the WHQL 9.11. Its a full driver it works for everycard that is DX10(2XXX and up) They update the "old" cards(19XX and below) every three months or if theres some uber show stopping bug. NVDA doesnt update old cards either(well there all old and the same except for the REAL 2XX series) but have a unifide driver which ATI stopped for the "old" cards...

Male pride.. Everyone else understood..

MAJORITY RULES In FAVOR OF NEW GUY! :yay:

I concur. NEW GUY WILL LEAD US TO THE PROMISED LAND! :yay:

Srsly, I wanted moar frames. Now I can has them. Happiness achieved.

ok great, my CCC no longer starts up and my speech engine's broken with this driver...sigh.... talk about fixing what's not broken... :(

Seems like the CCC not opening bug is a pretty common one. Anyone here ran into it before? how did you solve it?

Edited by jasonnoguchi

can anyone confirm and/or quantify performance impact with this driver?

seems to be very very difficult :p

@jasonnoguchi

Hiyaaa....

Did you installed the newest version of net.framework.... its required when using the newest ATI Driver... i had that problem with 9.10, too..... but now it works fine...

^... I spent one whole day getting everything back into order again :( Its all working fine now after uninstalling everything and reinstalling again. I am running framework1.0 and framework2.0 sp2.

Its a FULL driver with a Dirt2 fix in it and some other lil stuff... Its better than the WHQL 9.11, but they are both broken with CCC AF settings... Though in game AF works fine. You can CF with a PE850XT...

As for the fixes being for 5xx series WELL duh, its for DX11 in Dirt2... But it does have some newer fixes than the WHQL 9.11. Its a full driver it works for everycard that is DX10(2XXX and up) They update the "old" cards(19XX and below) every three months or if theres some uber show stopping bug. NVDA doesnt update old cards either(well there all old and the same except for the REAL 2XX series) but have a unifide driver which ATI stopped for the "old" cards...

Note! This driver is provided as-is and is not supported by AMD. It has not completed full AMD testing, and is only recommended for users experiencing the particular issue described above.

It is a hotfix driver. Thank you.