Sign in to follow this  
Richey79

Time for Bis to allow language change to English - agree?

Most likely, unless BIS can somehow get out of the publishing contract agreement.

I bought a second copy of ArmA2 instead.

please bis. you have my support and i bought aram2 the day it was out.

Hi all

By the way I signed this early on despite it not affecting me but I think this other post I made on the subject perhaps bears repeating.

Hi all

This is what I think happened.

A Publisher thinking to take worldwide sales on a popular game from its competitors negotiated a perhaps long term contract that allowed them to publish the game before it was finished and thus before its competitors could sell it, thus incidentally treating its customers as beta testers; said customers should I think take note of said publisher's actions in releasing said game in a beta form and its effects on them with regard to future purchases from said publisher.

This action took place on a previous occasion and seriously ate into the sales of competing publishers. Accordingly the publishers who felt their sales had been stolen insisted that in future contracts that each regional publisher had their version localised to the language of the region.

Said players who find their enjoyment ruined by a publisher who hoodwinked them with a game incapable of playing in their own language should take careful consideration with regard to future purchases from said publisher.

Such contracts between developer and publisher often include a non disclosure element. Also Said contracts tend to be very strong with severe penalites for companies which seek to get round them.

Kind regards walker

Kind regards walker

Signed..

I have german version too.. Anyone know where I can get the German to English language addon? 1.5 version?

Signed..

I have german version too.. Anyone know where I can get the German to English language addon? 1.5 version?

search for wiper as author on this forum under completed mods for arma2. it's there and works very well except for ace2 compatibility.

signed even though I have the 505 games version.

It is stupid that the German version is locked to one language when all the languages are even on the disk.

signed even though I have the 505 games version.

It is stupid that the German version is locked to one language when all the languages are even on the disk.

Signed, even though it doesn't affect me I find it pretty silly that this is still happening.

Hope it gets fixed in patch 1.06

I do have the english version, but I agree; early buyers deserve their "reward"

Signed

I believe it's ridiculous that it hasn't been implemented yet. Likely a publisher contract condition. Hope this is rectified soon.

Signed.

- dRb

signed.

I have 3 German copies and would like to be able to switch without using a mod folder.

The silence on this topic from developers side tells me that everyone who likes playing ArmA in english should buy OA from 505 Games rather than from Morphicon. Seeing that the german translation isn´t even well done, it really is ridiculous. Let the publisher feel what he´s asking for.

Gladly i never signed an NDA or something else, would really suck not to be able to word your opinion.

The only thing i´m putting at stake is not getting a preview version this time, but that i can live with very well.