Sign in to follow this  
Richey79

Time for Bis to allow language change to English - agree?

Now that Ace2 beta is out, the improvised (and excellent) German --> English patch is no longer a panacea for those of us who bought Arma2 as soon after release as we could.

I think this would be a good point for Bis to allow early-adopters to choose English language.

If you agree, please give a quick 'signed' post, just to give anyone who reads an idea of the scale of demand for this.

If this problem doesn't affect you, then please ignore the post, rather than making 'helpful' suggestions like, "go buy another copy of Arma2", or, "tough luck sucker, you needs to get you some patience". Cheers.

Tough luck sucker, you needs to get you some patience. Go buy another copy of Arma2!

I kid. :D

Speaking as someone who initially bought the german version:

/Signed

Signed. (tho I got a multilanguage 505 DVD, but I think it'll be good, maybe BIS sees this topic and acts to it if enought ppl sign it)

Help me understand this, you want BIS to make a patch giving technical support for user made content?

No, but to be able to change the language from German to English in the options of vanilla Arma 2 for us fans that couldn't wait and others who do not like the translations.

anfiach - most people want that their current ingame language can be switched to "english". Many games are released with the option to switch between native language (localisation) and english language. ;)

SIGNED!

I'm waiting for this since day one.. :|

SIGNED

I say this as a native german speaker.

The german language version has its quirks.

I would switch to english language as soon as avaiable as I did in OFP and ArmA.

Thanks for clarifying. I don't have the German version but I agree, it should be done.

There is a problem with ACE2 also if i understood it correct? If you want to play ACE2 pure on your non-english game you are forced to play with the games languague. *Hello Cole*

:D

Even though i have the english game i'll help my friends out:

/Signed

I'm pretty sure this is a contractual issue between Morphicon (the German publisher) and BIS, so I doubt it will be changed. Go blame Morphicon for it if that's the case. I don't think there will be anything BIS can do to fix it, legally.

But if that's not really the case, then:

/Signed

Seriously though the game isn't that expensive any more...

I went out and got two copies a couple of months ago. Half price.

That doesn't just stop the contract. BIS would need to ask Morphicon about it, and given how Morphicon forced the German release to be as bad as it was, I wouldn't be surprised if they say no.

Again, this is if this is actually the right scenario.

Signed. (tho I got a multilanguage 505 DVD, but I think it'll be good, maybe BIS sees this topic and acts to it if enought ppl sign it)

Same... signed anyways :)

Seriously though the game isn't that expensive any more...

I went out and got two copies a couple of months ago. Half price.

I'll be getting another copy (hard copy this time), I would just like to use the Arma 2 I have now as I have been kicked from some servers because of the language mod. I also like not having to use the disc (I realise you can do that with the beta patches but I don't use them).

That doesn't just stop the contract. BIS would need to ask Morphicon about it, and given how Morphicon forced the German release to be as bad as it was, I wouldn't be surprised if they say no.

Again, this is if this is actually the right scenario.

I hope not! IIRC BIS did the same for the German version of ArmA 1 by unlocking the language selection. Plus, with the beta patches copy protection has been removed (am I right?) so I don't see why language selection should be a problem.

with the beta patches copy protection has been removed (am I right?)

Copy protection is still there, just the disk check is gone.