Sign in to follow this  
Hud Dorph

Battleye

Had been having the same issues

Here's how I fixed it:

D/L the BEclient.dll from the Battleye website

Copy to (and overwrite) the X:/users/local../BohemiaInteractive/Arma2/BE folder (something like this - doing it from work/memory)

AND in the X:/program files/Bohemia Interactive/Arma2/Battleye/ folder

This fixed it for me - seems the BE files weren't being updated in my case using a non-default Arma2 directory installation.

Hope this helps

Thank you. Will definitely try.

K

---------- Post added at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

Nope, did not help. Was kicked off the game again! Same message. Sucks!

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

I see other players get kicked off because the "client" is not responding. It seems to me that BattlEye is more a problem than a help. How does it help, anyway?

Thanks for listening

K

Is it possible that your router/firewall may be blocking battleye ?

Taxman, not really.

Krout, there will be an update shortly which possibly fixes your problem, so please report back and tell me if it's fixed for you.

And most "Client not responding" kicks are the result of the game crashing for those players (just read through the troubleshooting section), so it's quite normal and even beneficial to the server.

Krout, there will be an update shortly which possibly fixes your problem, so please report back and tell me if it's fixed for you.

$able, thank you. A little hope:yay: ; I will give it a try. How do I know if update is out?

K

You will notice BE updating in-game or a higher version number showing up when BE initializes.

It seems that update killed our server today. Server would crash and auto-restart within seconds to minutes after someone joined. After a few hours of troubleshooting and writing support tickets we found out that the culprit was Battleye - right before each crash, the net.log would show:

(...)

240.719: 19:28:20 BattlEye Server: Update successfully completed. Restarting...

240.848: 19:28:20 BattlEye Server: Initialized (v1.071)

and then *crash*

Disabling Battleye solved the problem, server did not crash again.

Any idea ?

Has anyone actually seen any hackers in A2 ? :S

Has anyone actually seen any hackers in A2 ? :S

yes, quite a lot of them actually.

How do you know if someone cheating or hacking or whatever?

Edited by Krout

There are hacks where people are flatting all trees and buildings on the island, atillery hacks, people spawning vehicles that are not part of the maps and all kinds of stuff. We've seen them all.

Interesting.. I've never seen anything like that..

It seems that update killed our server today. Server would crash and auto-restart within seconds to minutes after someone joined. After a few hours of troubleshooting and writing support tickets we found out that the culprit was Battleye - right before each crash, the net.log would show:

(...)

240.719: 19:28:20 BattlEye Server: Update successfully completed. Restarting...

240.848: 19:28:20 BattlEye Server: Initialized (v1.071)

and then *crash*

Disabling Battleye solved the problem, server did not crash again.

Any idea ?

Could you send the server's .RPT file containing the crash logs to support-at-battleye-dot-com?

This is important, so thank you in advance!

EDIT: Info on where to find it: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/arma.RPT#Location

Edited by $able

I have the "client not responding" problem.

Since using BattlEye I was unable to play even 1 second on servers where BattlEye is enabled, getting the same error "client not responding" systematically.

I'm using WinXP.

I copied (today) the 2 BattlEye files : BEClient.dll (96 KB) and BEServer.dll (116 KB) to these folders :

* <arma install path>/BattlEye

* (WinXP) <Docs&Settings>\<user folder>\Local Settings\Application Data\Arma 2\BattlEye

My home router only forwards ports above 2000 to my PC (can that cause problems?)

Disabled AVG resident shield

Exited firewall

Turned Data Execution Prevention for Windows services only

Put full control rights on both BattlEye folders for everyone

Ping to the server I connected to several times was around 30 ms

Time to start the game (between clicking OK button in server lobby and receiving screen disappearing) was sometimes greater than 30 seconds sometimes less

I could open the players lists and check my ping and desync : once i had 7000 desync and the other time I had 0 desync (desync 0 with ping values were 27, 100, 170 - or sth like that).

I had no "losing connection" message nor yellow link.

No Arma crash after being kicked off by BattlEye

The server I tried joining is [FR/BE][AFA]=BoB= ... and mission was Warfare BE Lite ...

As soon as receiving... screen disappears it lasts 2 or 3 seconds until I get the kicked off message.

I entered #battleye test in chatbox after I got the "BattlEye Initialization (1.14)" message and this is the output of BE.log :

-
i1 0
o2 0
i1 0
o2 0
i1 0
o2 0
i1 0
o2 0
i1 0
o2 0
i1 0
o2 0
i1 0
o2 0
i1 0
o2 0
i1 0
o2 0

When joining "heavy" maps (eg CTIs) it usually lasts more than 30 seconds for me to start playing

Is there a way to reinstall BE after you choose not to install at first w/o reinstalling the entire game?

;1576908']Is there a way to reinstall BE after you choose not to install at first w/o reinstalling the entire game?

You cannot apply the patch again?

You can also create a BattlEye folder in your ArmA 2 install directory and place the BE files found on http://www.battleye.com/download.html in there.

Hello,

I've looked for a solution to my problem for 2 month almost now...

I have the "client not responding" problem too.

I've downloaded the new dll from BattlEye site : the version number at battleye initialization is indeed 1.140.

BattlEye Client Initialized (v1.140)

#beclient test

BattlEye Client: Test Enabled

#beclient guid

BattlEye Client: My GUID:

no guid ?

Config: Windows Vista. (arma game re-installed, patch too, dll downloaded), fraps running, g13 running, track ir running, UAC not desactivated, router configured enough to allow me to play without battleye, DHCP at home...), no BE.log output, arma2 launched in administrator, firewall on (with permission for arma2.exe).

I'm the only one of my team having this problem...

huhuhu :(...

thank...

Wolfgang, could you perform a file search for BE.log on your system? Maybe it was put elsewhere.

Tha last couple of days my 2 servers have had trouble with battleye - this is the output in my server console:

16:59:34 BattlEye Server: Update successfully completed. Restarting...

16:59:34 BattlEye Server: Initialized (v1.103)

16:59:34 BattlEye Server: Player #0 [HUD]Dorph (217.157.xxx.xxx:13990) - GUID: a74e1852cccdxxxxxc0c6576c656e45d

It repeats every 2 mins for several players connected on the server (no disconnections for players, but creates a hell of a log. :))

(xxx are inserted by me in ip and guid)

I thought it would disappear when server was restartet but no luck.

Edited by [HUD]Dorph

Ahh that sounds as that could be the problem. So copy the Battleye dir to the Arma2 dir and server startup parameter -BEpath=C:\Arma2\Battleye ?

is that it?

Dorph;1579167']Ahh that sounds as that could be the problem. So copy the Battleye dir to the Arma2 dir and server startup parameter -BEpath=C:\Arma2\Battleye ?

is that it?

You don't have to copy anything. ArmA 2 will automatically create a BE folder there if it doesn't already exist. Just make sure the two servers use different BE working directories (with -profiles= or -BEpath=).

;1578726']Hello' date='

I've looked for a solution to my problem for 2 month almost now...

I have the "client not responding" problem too.

I've downloaded the new dll from BattlEye site : the version number at battleye initialization is indeed 1.140.

BattlEye Client Initialized (v1.140)

#beclient test

BattlEye Client: Test Enabled

#beclient guid

BattlEye Client: My GUID:

no guid ?

[/quote']

be.log found !

-

i1 0

o2 0

i1 0

o2 0

i1 0

o2 0

i1 0

o2 0

i1 0

o2 0

i1 0

o2 0

i1 0

o2 0

i1 0

o2 0

-

i1 0

o2 0

i1 0

o2 0

i1 0

o2 0

i1 0

o2 0

i1 0

o2 0

i1 0

o2 0

i1 0

o2 0

-

i1 0

o2 0

i1 0

o2 0

i1 0

o2 0

i1 0

o2 0

i1 0

o2 0

-

i1 0

o2 0

i1 0

o2 0

i1 0

o2 0

i1 0

o2 0

i1 0

o2 0

i1 0

o2 0

i1 0

o2 0

-

i1 0

o2 0

i1 0

o2 0

i1 0

o2 0

i1 0

o2 0

i1 0

o2 0

i1 0

o2 0

-

i1 0

o2 0

i1 0

o2 0

i1 0

o2 0

-

-

i1 0

o2 0

i1 0

o2 0

i1 0

o2 0

i1 0

o2 0

i1 0

o2 0

Thank you for help !

I have reinstalled ArmA2 and Battleye on a win7-64 And like to make sure BE is up to date.

Is there a way to manually update BE?