Sign in to follow this  
Hud Dorph

Battleye

BE's timeout is ~30 seconds, which is quite big. If your client doesn't respond within this period, there is really something wrong with your connection.

Can we as server admin up the time?

The "Client not responding" I retrieved from my server's net logs.

This is why I'm not pointing fingers at BE. Even though my issue of my game "freezing" did not start happening until the patch was released, whom to say it's not the game or something else I have running such as OSD (for fps, screenshots & video's), and TIR4.

As far as it being an ISP, network, modem/router ect ect, I can eliminate those on my end.

Over the next few days, I should get a chance to test with an upto 5hr play time without OSD, TIR, and BE off on the server. 1 at a time of course.

Edited by SWAT_BigBear

Do you also notice that they are always "losing connection" before that?

I have seen quite a few long server logs, and almost always the player is losing the connection before the kick, i.e. he really crashed or his network connection broke.

BE's timeout is ~30 seconds, which is quite big. If your client doesn't respond within this period, there is really something wrong with your connection.

No I never see the 'losing connection' and playing in 'realtime' till the boot, its not a crappy ISP unless they all went bad after BI released 1.05 for A2 :D

I can assure you its not from losing the connection as it use to happen pre 1.05 or 1.05 must not prompt to inform you you're losing your connection anymore...

Will test properly soon :)

;1532138']A majority of players with this I have noticed tend to be those using wireless network cards to connect their home router (or modem if the modem has a wireless access point built in). The problem is wireless signals still get interference' date=' and depending on many different factors tend to receive the choke and packet loss more often.[/quote']

Yeah, wireless router here. I get "client not responding" randomly anywhere from several minutes to an hour. I don't get this in other games.

Hi all,

A few of our team players have trouble with Battleye.

"Battleye client not responding" after one minute, even with XP Firewall desactivated... we found no solution.

Any suggestions ?

Edited by LOulOo

Hi all,

A few of our team players have trouble with Battleye.

"Battleye client not responding" after one minute, even with XP Firewall desactivated... we found no solution.

Any suggestions ?

Does this happen every time? Also, are they all using Windows XP and do they use any security software (anti-virus, etc.)?

Does this happen every time? Also, are they all using Windows XP and do they use any security software (anti-virus, etc.)?

this happen every time.

for some of them, we have resolved the problem by a simple reinstalltion of battleye (the battleye setup found in the "beta" directory.)

for one of them, no solution.

We have solve all our problems with adding a line "battleye=0" in the server.cfg :)

our servers are private, so no needed to prevent cheating.

My game freezing during MP was as simple as Ventrilo not set to "Run as Administrator" with W7.

That explains why it wasn't doing it during the 3 times I completed EW, no Ventrilo used.

Our server doesn't like Battleye since 1.05. The server will crash after about 2-3 minutes into the mission consistently even with 1 player and then reset the server almost instantly. "No message received" type error occurs.

Mods were used. It also happened with BIS vanilla islands and missions plus other variations (but with mods loaded). Disabling Battleye fixed our problem. Further testing not done yet. Logs were not available to see this time. Will let you know if I find a cause.

Our server doesn't like Battleye since 1.05. The server will crash after about 2-3 minutes into the mission consistently even with 1 player and then reset the server almost instantly. "No message received" type error occurs.

Mods were used. It also happened with BIS vanilla islands and missions plus other variations (but with mods loaded). Disabling Battleye fixed our problem. Further testing not done yet. Logs were not available to see this time. Will let you know if I find a cause.

Could you please send the server's .rpt log file to support[at]battleye.com? If you can't open it because it is currently in use by the server, simply create a copy of it.

PLayer was kicked at joining today with NAME GAMEHACK #0

He rejoined later and somehow managed to blow up the entire base in Domination in around 12 seconds (took me a while to kick him). He levelled every tree outside it too.

Is this a bug in domination or battleye ?

@ $able

I've never had connection issues, I may have lost connection maybe twice since ArmA1... and now it happens quite often and it has nothing to do with losing connection before BE kicks me.

It never happens on BE free servers.

what logs do you need?

Instead of starting another thread, can I ask here?

I know BE is running on our server, it was kicking me prior to finding it was my Ventrilo. Even my server net log shows,

9:39:02 BattlEye Server: Initialized (v1.071)

Yet the GameSpy browser says "BattlEye "No" ".

What/where might my problem be?

Edit:

Maybe it's just GaySpy, even this link shows BE Enabled.

http://arma2.swec.se/server/data/126849

Edited by SWAT_BigBear

SWAIT_BigBear, I don't really know what could possibly cause this.

Anyway, to those having "Client not responding" errors that are definitely not caused by connection timeouts:

Could you please run ArmA 2 as administrator (each time you perform the following), wait until your BE updated to the current version and then type "#beclient test" into the chat, so that it says "Test enabled". Then, when you are kicked, check your ArmA 2 install folder for a file called BE.log. If you don't find it perform a Windows file search for it.

If you are not kicked on the first try, make sure to re-enable test each time (!) BE is initialized/loaded (this is also the case when going back to the server's role selection screen and then rejoining, or after BE updated) - it always says "Test enabled" then - but don't enter it twice, because then it is disabled again.

After the kick upload the last ~50 lines of the BE.log on pastebin.org or similar. Make sure you made no mistake (regarding enabling test) by checking the log's change date/time.

Thanks for your help!

I hope we can get this resolved ASAP.

Has anyone tested 2 instances of ArmA2 on the same server?

My second instance stays at BE v1.069 and doesn't upgrade to 1.071

EDIT : nvm, next time I'll read the BE docs :)

EDIT 2 : well, it really seems the second instance is not updating, even when specifying the BE installation path

Edited by whisper

whisper, you need to wait for players to join your server, only then BE will update.

Anyway, you shouldn't specify the BE installation path for both servers, but rather two different folders so that each instance is able to update its BE Server.

We have a player in our community that when joining our server after a while gets banned from the server by BE and the only thing in the server logs is:

19:10:09 Player Anatooli: Signature check timed out

always at about 2-2min 30 secs after joining the server. He claims everything is installed and working. I will ask him to run the #beclient test thing to get the logfile but if you have any tips on what else to look for please tell. Thank you

Sekra, I am sorry, but this error is not related to BattlEye.

Ah yeah we got it.. and true not related to battleye.. sorry bout that :)

$able, I am running a dedicated server using Battleye and

I banned someone via guid using guidbans.txt without a unix stamp. How do I unban them?

Also, is the Unix Time Stamp my server time or some other time reference?

---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

$able, I am running a dedicated server using Battleye and

I banned someone via guid using guidbans.txt without a unix stamp. How do I unban them?

Also, is the Unix Time Stamp my server time or some other time reference?

I was able to unban myself by adding a unix time stamp with a time that is more than 1 day old, so it seems that the time being used is not my local server time. Having a #beclient command using the server remote control with a wildcard for the guid would be very nice. i.e #beclient guidban C47H97

typing in the whole guide during a game is not a good idea. It takes too long.

A format like this would be great: #Beclient guidban d34798 10

The 10 would be a 10 minute ban with something like 1000000 being maximum and with no time entry a default of 5 minutes.

NOTE: Replace #Beclient with #Beserver in ban example. Also, an optional comment for ban reason

Edited by Karlo

It would also be nice to leave them a pop up message as to why they were kicked. Mainly for those that go afk for to long.

Karlo, to unban someone simply remove him from the file. Within 5 minutes he should be unbanned. Keep this in mind for your own tests (as you mentioned).

Regarding the unix time stamp: Generally said, it is universal and the same everywhere regardless of the time zone. However, websites like http://www.unixtimestamp.com/ that provide a conversion to a readable date/time often use different time zones (GMT-5 in this case), so make sure you convert this date/time to your server's time zone.

Also, something similar to your suggestion regarding bans is already in the works and will be available soon. :)

Can anyone tell me why is this happening?

I have ArmA2 1.05.62017 and 1.135 BattlEye

Whithin 2 to 5 minutes I get kicked off MP games:mad:

Thank you

K

I would guess packet loss, but its hard to know. Are you using a wireless connection to a router? Wireless connections are common sources for packet loss and choke.

;1565553']I would guess packet loss' date=' but its hard to know. Are you using a wireless connection to a router? Wireless connections are common sources for packet loss and choke.[/quote']

No, I am not using wireless connection, just an "old" solid cat6. It has'n happened a week before, just started in the last few days. It is really not fun to play like that:(.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

K