Sign in to follow this  
Hud Dorph

Battleye

So now that battleye is in arma2 (beta) i plain forgot how to enable/disable it on the server. Was there a command in server.cfg ? I seem to remember something like "battleye=1" or something.

Maybe we should have a "sticky" on battleye.

Edited by [HUD]Dorph

I guess its the same as in Armed Assault:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_Update_1.14#BATTLEYE

If BattlEye was installed, it will be securing online sessions hosted on your server (requiring all clients to have BattlEye also installed) unless it is disabled in server config using line "battlEye = 0;"

I remember there was some confusion about the command being battleEye = 1; or BattlEye = 1, but according to the wiki its the second.

BattlEye = 1

That's correct, because that's how BE is actually spelled.

Everyone who writes it differently should be ... - oh well, even BIS made that mistake in the changelog now. I am starting to lose all remaining hope in humanity... ;)

Congratz $able for being back in ArmA II!

That's correct, because that's how BE is actually spelled.

Everyone who writes it differently should be ... - oh well, even BIS made that mistake in the changelog now. I am starting to lose all remaining hope in humanity... ;)

Damn right ;)

http://www.battleye.com/

so u just enable it and it works all by its self? is there any commands u can use like get screenshot of players screen?

Does it actually catch hackers in arma2? Anyone seen someone get kicked or banned by it?

As it is now i cant start the server with BattlEye - i get in serverconsole "BattlEye initialization failed". Any else with this error ??

Dorph;1511194']As it is now i cant start the server with BattlEye - i get in serverconsole "BattlEye initialization failed". Any else with this error ??

You need to install BE when installing the beta patch. If you directly move the patched files to the server' date=' simply move the BattlEye folder from the ArmA 2 main directory over as well.

---------- Post added at 11:37 ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 ----------

so u just enable it and it works all by its self? is there any commands u can use like get screenshot of players screen?

Does it actually catch hackers in arma2? Anyone seen someone get kicked or banned by it?

Yes, it works by itself. And no, BE doesn't create screenshots.

Also, it doesn't catch hackers yet. The beta is mainly meant to test the BE integration.

Dorph;1511194']As it is now i cant start the server with BattlEye - i get in serverconsole "BattlEye initialization failed". Any else with this error ??

if you install it then it creates possibile a map within the map of battleye :

arma2/battleye/battleye

So thats with the error, just make 1 map

arma2/battleye

battleye is broken, kicks ppl randomly.

+1 having problems here with the DVD version of the game.

Ok, First the game would not get past picking your role, it would hang on 'receiving'

I downloaded the new version Client: 1.133 and put it in overwriting the old one. I also tried fully deleting, putting in the new one I both locations (appdata and main game directory) and rebooting.

Now after I pick my role, just as it is playing the intro screen. I get

You were kicked off the game (Battle eye: corrupted memory #0)

Happens on every sever with battle eye on, tried running the game W/O mods or anything in my target line, still the same error every time.

http://battleye.com/support.html

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

I am getting kicked for the following violation(s). I don't use hacks, so what can I do to resolve this?

• Client not responding: This can happen if the server's or your connection times out for quite a while or breaks up completely. There is no real solution other than ensuring that you have no problems with your internet connection.
  • Failed to update: For some reason your BattlEye Client is not able to download new updates from the BE Master Server - most likely related to your internet connection. Please download the most recent version for your game from the download page and manually update your BE Client.
  • Corrupted Memory #X: BattlEye detects that your game's memory is not what it is supposed to be. Scan your system for viruses/trojans/spyware and check your RAM for possible defects (using tools like Memtest86). If that doesn't help, the game's installation on your harddisk is possibly corrupted - therefore, try to reinstall the game.
  • Direct3D Hook #X: Disable overlay programs or the overlay feature of these programs while playing on BE-enabled servers. Popular examples are Xfire (you can leave it running by disabling the ingame-overlay feature for your game in the options), Fraps, TeamSpeak Overlay (TSO) and ATI Tray Tools.

BattlEye works great here so far!

And the cheater don't like the recent update. :)

Excellent job $able!

battleye is broken, kicks ppl randomly.

More details?

If you mean "Client not responding", those are not because of a bug but rather because most likely the player's game crashed - if you read the forums you know that this happens from time to time.

Edited by $able

More details?

If you mean "Client not responding", those are not because of a bug but rather because most likely the player's game crashed - if you read the forums you know that this happens from time to time.

IMHO it's a feature. I see many players getting the "Client not responding" and then getting kicked from Battleye. From those that I hear in TS always their game has crashed. Before Battleye after a crash you either had to wait some time for the server to notice you had crashed and free your spot or join in - kicked out to free your spot or worse case scenario some times crashed players had to be kicked out by an admin or a votekick.

Battleye works fine. No problems at all.

Good work.

Xeno

Battleye doenst work on our server with more than 70+ player´s server hangs up.

Could you please post a crash dump or give more info?

It is a Wonderful thing to have an anti-cheat and you are respected for the work.

I would like to see a fix for the time-out kick as I get kicked a bit and have a decent

connection usally a ping of 23-28 with no desyc using Defcon Servers of Dallas Texas whereas before Battleye I never (that I am aware of) lost connection to our Server.

Anyhow Great Job and Happy New Year!!!

Though I'm inconclusive atm, I've also started receiving "kicked by Battleye" since the 1.05 patch. Other members are not seeing, yet I do..either within an hour, sometimes 5 hrs.

ATM of it occurring, my game freezes, and within a few moments I'm kicked. (Maybe it's the 1.05 patch?)

Hard to tell if it's my end, or theirs.

Though I'm inconclusive atm, I've also started receiving "kicked by Battleye" since the 1.05 patch. Other members are not seeing, yet I do..either within an hour, sometimes 5 hrs.

ATM of it occurring, my game freezes, and within a few moments I'm kicked. (Maybe it's the 1.05 patch?)

Hard to tell if it's my end, or theirs.

Can you tell me the exact kick reason (violation)?

Client not responding.

It could be anything from the game, TIR4, ASUS On Screen Display, W7 ect ect. It just started happening after the patch.

I'll dig deeper when time permits.

Client not responding.

It could be anything from the game, TIR4, ASUS On Screen Display, W7 ect ect. It just started happening after the patch.

I'll dig deeper when time permits.

Well ya it started happening after the patch, thats when battleye came out.

The issue happens when your connect to the server is delayed. This can happen when you have major packet loss or choke. Most people never know when this is happening and always try to say "well I have cable internet, or my internet is ok", when in reality most people do not know but like saying they do. I never have issues with this but being into computer networking I monitor my network flow and know that I normally have no issues, and when I do I know.

A majority of players with this I have noticed tend to be those using wireless network cards to connect their home router (or modem if the modem has a wireless access point built in). The problem is wireless signals still get interference, and depending on many different factors tend to receive the choke and packet loss more often.

You can also see about doing a restart on your modem and router, and try doing a full renew of DNS/IP on your computer. This can help... sometimes, but it is the most simple process that I can guide someone through when talking to them online.

More details?

Ok haven't tested this fully as our servers have been down for near 2 mths, but I play on the ex BMF server and I can't tell you the error message that ppl get because it doesn't display it for me or when others get kicked but I last about 30minutes to 2 hrs maximum befor being benn kicked and I notice half the other players consistently getting kicked.

Will test on our servers when we're online again, haven't played with BE but I assume it creates logs... if I notice it continuing on our server I'll create a ticket at dev-heaven :)

I notice half the other players consistently getting kicked.

Do you also notice that they are always "losing connection" before that?

I have seen quite a few long server logs, and almost always the player is losing the connection before the kick, i.e. he really crashed or his network connection broke.

BE's timeout is ~30 seconds, which is quite big. If your client doesn't respond within this period, there is really something wrong with your connection.