Sign in to follow this  
Robalo

ASR Grenadier Fix

ASR Grenadier Fix 1.3

This addon makes the AI able to use grenade launchers like the M203 and GP-25.

Without this, they almost always shoot them a few meters too far.

Simple config addon, no fancy scripting. Thanks to HeinBloed for his GDT Mod Server Grenadier where I took the idea from.

This addon can be installed server-side, client-side or both.

CHANGE HISTORY

==================

1.3.0 | 19 OCT 2010

Updated for BAF. AI units can now use the L85/UGL.

Changed configs a little for better sound mod compatibility. For example AI shooting a launcher should use that particular launcher's sound, if distinct.

Before this, the XM320, M32, M79, Mk13 were all using the M203 sound when fired by the AI.

Bundled asr_weaponreplacements.pbo, which contains a function useful for addon and mission makers:

it will read a config class (ASR_Replacements) which defines: weapon to be replaced, variants to replace it with and optional conditions.

Here it is used to replace the M32, M79 and Mk13 with AI-enabled variants (ASR_M32, ASR_M79 and ASR_Mk13). It requires the CBA mod to work.

// ASR_Replacements config example
// can be done in addon form or in mission's description.ext
// mission config has priority
// condition can be missing and will be assumed true
// if more than one variant is set, a random one is chosen.
// classnames provided as replacements are checked to exist, otherwise no replacing is done.
// replacements must use the same ammo as the source weapon, because only the weapons are swapped.

class ASR_Replacements {
   class CfgWeapons {
       class BAF_L85A2_RIS_ACOG {
           variants[] = {"ACE_HK416_D14_ACOG_PVS14","ACE_HK416_D14_TWS"};
           condition = "_unit == leader _unit && (daytime > 21 || daytime < 5)"; // something better for the TL if the mission starts at night.
       };
       class M16A2GL {
           variants[] = {"M16A2GL","ACE_m16a2gl_scope"};
           condition = "typeOf _unit == 'TK_Special_Forces_EP1'"; // 50% chance the TK SF gets a scope for his M16A2
       };
   };
};

1.2.1 | 08 JUL 2010

Hotfixed a config error in the OA addon.

Added cfgaddons class to avoid "cannot play/edit" error messages in MP.

1.2 | 08 JUL 2010

Updated for Operation Arrowhead.

There are 2 addons included which should be used depending on what version of the game you have:

a. Use only asr_cfgweapons_fix_grenadiers.pbo for Arma 2 standalone.

b. Use only asr_cfgweapons_fix_grenadiers_oa.pbo for Operation Arrowhead standalone.

c. Use both addons included if you're running Arma 2 and OA combined.

1.1 | 12 DEC 2009

The first release's fixes were integrated in ACE so this addon is now only needed if playing without the ACE mod.

Removed ACE config and dependency.

1.0 | 08 DEC 2009

First release

Created separate muzzles in config to be used only by the AI.

Download link

Mirrors:

Armaholic

Demo:

Arma2 stock + ACE2:

CaB5rV8Sgwk

ASR Grenadier Fix added:

8tjAh5B0qno

Edited by Robalo_AS
v1.3

BIS, please apply in a future patch! It has been odd like that since Arma1 ;):p:D

Does this require ACE2? I got a warning the require ACE_c_weapon or something.

[edit] I guess that last line explain it does require ACE, a little vague for me there

I have removed the dependency. Should work fine for non ACE without it.

What would be also very useful to make grenadiers not using their underbarrell GL's when they're in dense forests. I remember how awful was a mission when my AI squadmates fired M203s continously into the coronets of trees above my head...

I have removed the dependency. Should work fine for non ACE without it.

Okay..., do you mean to tell me that I have to remove the "required addon" list in the config myself, or there is a new version coming up or is there another download link?

Sorry, I'm a bit lost there

Well I did it for me. You need to ask Robalo about a second (or split) release of his addon. :)

I can split it to 2-3 addons unless there's a more elegant way of making the config smarter about the dependencies. I wonder if there is something like a global define set by ACE and ACEX that I could test for.

Updated to 1.1, it no longer needs ACE. See first post.

(You don't need this at all if you're running ACE as this fix was integrated in build 185).

Cheers!

Btw better do not define

class A: B {};

Better:

class A;

Robalo, I've discovered some problems with your addon, namely some of the ACE M4 models (mainly iron sighted ones with grenade launchers) didn't use any magazines, and it also messed up some other rifles (CZ550 rifle didn't use it's ammo too). When I put an ACE US special weapons crate in the editor, I got a message popped "no entry .optics_model" or something like that, after it only allowed to use the GL on several M4 models.

Do not use this with ACE ! You don't need it and yes, weird things might happen. From top post:

CHANGE HISTORY

==================

1.1 | 12 DEC 2009

The first release's fixes were integrated in ACE so this addon is now only needed if playing without the ACE mod.

Removed ACE config and dependency.

New version 1.2, updated for Arrowhead.

Two pbos for running with Arma2 only, OA only or combined. Please see first post and included readme for info.

Thanks Nightrain!

I've discovered a config error with the OA addon when I tested this on the dedicated so version 1.2.1 was released. Please re-download from the link in first post.

Updated to version 1.3. Link and change log in first post.

Since you made this grenadier fix, I have a question: When AI will use M203??

In my mission, I never see my soldiers use M203 or GP25, they always shoot at enemies. Is this because I add some AI module such as Zues?? What is the default setting of AI??

THX.

Since you made this grenadier fix, I have a question: When AI will use M203??

In my mission, I never see my soldiers use M203 or GP25, they always shoot at enemies. Is this because I add some AI module such as Zues?? What is the default setting of AI??

THX.

They shoot them just fine but I can't say about Zeus as I don't use it. Played a Domination on Lingor a couple days ago when the most of our casualties were from enemy's AI GLs.

It might be a problem of Zeus AI or other mods changing the GL engagement ranges.