Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta!

Please don't f*ck up A.C.E. while trying to correct mistakes caused by yourselves or by the patch. :)

If you are referring to me then FYI I'm also reporting an issue which I noticed another user here was experiencing (since updating to v1.05 (ARMA II) - STEAM User).

I followed one of the steps that was offered as an option to resolve the issue, which didn't work. The other option was to edit my registry which I was reluctant to do (but eventually did) - I therefore thought it prudent to post an update on this (along with some additional notes for those whom it might be useful)

What is causing this error?

ErrorMessage: Include file x\cba\addons\main\script_macros_common.hpp not found.

I get it everytime I want to run Vanilla Arma2. When i choose to play/start a mission that isn't ACE, i assuem its asking for CBA addons.

X2 no uh-1 under blufor list now with updated ace and 1.05 patch, uh-1 is in empty list in editor but when game launched it does not show up and get error.

I can't even place the Uh1 down in 1.5... they must have removed it by mistake :confused:

What is causing this error?

ErrorMessage: Include file x\cba\addons\main\script_macros_common.hpp not found.

I get it everytime I want to run Vanilla Arma2. When i choose to play/start a mission that isn't ACE, i assuem its asking for CBA addons.

Wouldnt that be better asked to BIS themselves? I mean if you play without ACE it isnt really ACE problem. ;)

If you are referring to me then FYI I'm also reporting an issue which I noticed another user here was experiencing (since updating to v1.05 (ARMA II) - STEAM User).

I followed one of the steps that was offered as an option to resolve the issue, which didn't work. The other option was to edit my registry which I was reluctant to do (but eventually did) - I therefore thought it prudent to post an update on this (along with some additional notes for those whom it might be useful)

Did i quote you?? :eek:

No, but you didn't quote anyone else and posted straight away after LondonLad. It does look like you were replying.

Can and how do you make the ai were gasmasks and other such things?

Is anyone else having trouble mounting the kord MG to the tripod? I confirm placement of the tripod then when i go mount the kord MG the whole thing disappears on me. (just installed arma2 1.05 patch)

X2 no uh-1 under blufor list now with updated ace and 1.05 patch, uh-1 is in empty list in editor but when game launched it does not show up and get error.

Getting this too. If you load up with world=empty and go to the first benchmark scenerio, you will crash to desktop with invalid crew civilian error.

UH1, KORD and other issues introduced with 1.05 are resolved already and will be available tonight at the 18:00 GMT patch time.

For some reason i havent been able to update my ACE version anymore lately.

I can start the updater, and it will update ACE, then removes some coop missions and then just stops, usually freezing my entire pc forcing me to reboot after 1,5 hours of waiting (i went to watch a movie while the update was doing its thing).

It never finishes ACE and never even starts on ACEX or CBA, while the updater worked just fine before.

Does anybody know what might have caused this? Please send me a PM so i wont have to dig through a lot of pages to find my answer.

Thanks in advance :)

Please try; Updater-hangsfreezes-during-unpacking-operations, and let me know if it changes anything.

Otherwise, please attach updater logfiles and details to a new issue ticket: http://dev-heaven.net/projects/six-arma-updater/issues

Thanks.

Edited by Sickboy

Getting this too. If you load up with world=empty and go to the first benchmark scenerio, you will crash to desktop with invalid crew civilian error.

I have the same error on first benchmark scenario

Another wind question...is it possible to make the wind be controlled server-side? The reason I request this is for the teamwork aspect...right now, the spotter can't read the shooter's wind, and vice-versa. So the spotter can call the distance, but not the windage.

I like having wind, but I would prefer if everybody on the server "felt" the same wind, if that's possible.

Great job to everyone on ACE, thus far it's lived up to expectations.

Another wind question...is it possible to make the wind be controlled server-side?

Since "setWind" is a script command, I dont see why it couldnt be done (the good ol cone-init-creation should do the trick in a few lines), but its mission dependant, not mod.

Hmmm...interesting. Didn't know that. I'll have to tinker around with our server. Thanks for the tip.

Keep yourself informed, is all I can say. +

snip

Thanks Mr S, I think its working again, My apologies (as always) :)

Thanks Mr S, I think its working again, My apologies (as always) :)

Glad to hear! And me too, getting harder and harder to stay professional, guess some holidays after the Beta 2 :rolleyes:

I have russian release arma2 with english language files, but then i install ace mod, the ace automatically chooses lang for rus and now 70% of the ace names are in russian :( is there any way to change ace language?

I seriously doubt there there's no one who knows how to proper uninstall the mod. Sorry for bumping my question, but how do you uninstall ACE? Link on "how to?"

Tried a few options like "uninstall, reset" etc but didn't seem to work. This is due to I want to try the latest patch with any mods and ACE keep starting my vanilla version anyway. And no, deleting "-mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX" etc doesn't do the trick. Still starts with the mod.

What am I doing wrong?

Oh, hand merry christmas A.C.E team!

hey sickboy, do you actually get paid for that what you are doin here?^^

Get a rest and enjoy chrsitmas a bit, its amazing how you support everyone! :)

just wanna say "Thanks" to you and the hole ACE Team for your outstanding work!

Merry Christmas! :xmas_o:

I have russian release arma2 with english language files, but then i install ace mod, the ace automatically chooses lang for rus and now 70% of the ace names are in russian :( is there any way to change ace language?

Unfortunately, no.

Unless someone creates a language mod for ACE or the ACE devs decide to allow setting languages through the .hpp file, we'll have to keep playing with half of the game being english, half being localized... or just play without a language mod*.

*and I'd rather get raped instead.. :butbut:

@Proud Gamer, seriously, I read your two posts and still I am not sure what exactly you are asking for. If you could restate your question in a question form, maybe I can help. If your question is simply "How do I uninstall a mod", good news is, there is no need to. Just delete the mod folder and remove the tag from the shortcut.