Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta!

If you have problems with the downloader skipping things, go into the web-interface and run install or update with the 'execute forced' button.

Sure you can download the release version as a packed file, but you need to install and use the updater to hold it up to date too.

So there is no way around if you want play ace online...

by the way there is a good step by step guide in the other thread, mom i will post it for you again:

if I click on Synchronyze.... nothing happens...

If i click on Configuration/presets... nothing happens...

now what.

if I click on Synchronyze.... nothing happens...

If i click on Configuration/presets... nothing happens...

now what.

I'm sure there must be a way of getting it to work, however if you can't get it to work, try my tool (check my sig). After installing, just click "default servers", "get servers" (if the list is empty).

Then add Kelly's Heroes server to your favorites.

On the "Favorite servers" tab doubleclick on the Kelly's Heroes server and then click "check for addons", wait a bit untill files are visible in the grid and click "download addons".

Then, enjoy.

By the way you now also have a great launcher installed :P

Just to make sure noone gets the wrong idea: Sixupdater is a great tool!

I'm only posting this for people that have trouble and want to try "another way" of getting the files. If there was good native support for rsync in .Net i'd be using it too and i'm even considering interfacing to Sixupdater, but maybe that would be a lot of work with not much payoff for users.

Edited by Yoma

we changed our yml to download the ace_sm yesterday worked fine... then updated today

now...heal worked once, then stopped working for all other players inc. for corpsman

sounds not right either ... investigating.. anyone have similar issue or an idea thx

Saw this:

Removed:

•Sound overrides. Custom soundmods working again. [sickboy]

Is there a lazy way we can re-override?

Maybe thats it, we have an otro mod-o? maybe new ace healing? need bandages or something now hmm

Edited by katdogfizzow

I'm sure there must be a way of getting it to work, however if you can't get it to work, try my tool (check my sig). After installing, just click "default servers", "get servers" (if the list is empty).

Then add Kelly's Heroes server to your favorites.

On the "Favorite servers" tab doubleclick on the Kelly's Heroes server and then click "check for addons", wait a bit untill files are visible in the grid and click "download addons".

Then, enjoy.

By the way you now also have a great launcher installed :P

Just to make sure noone gets the wrong idea: Sixupdater is a great tool!

I'm only posting this for people that have trouble and want to try "another way" of getting the files. If there was good native support for rsync in .Net i'd be using it too and i'm even considering interfacing to Sixupdater, but maybe that would be a lot of work with not much payoff for users.

My server named : GIBF Yoma Addon Sync Server (Ace2)

is always up to date with :

-the ArmA2 Beta

-the ACE2 (@cba;@ace;@acex;@acex_sm)

-the Zeus AI Combat Skills & AI Spotting modular - ACE (@zcommon_ace)

;)

Cheers,

BB

has the goggle feature been disabled i have done exactly what i did last time befor i deleted every thing to start again but now it wont work i have modded the ace config file to macth my arma 2 config.

edit sorry my bad changing the wrong file.

Edited by stk2008

I get huge performance drop with ace2:

armamark, second run, arma2@default+beta : 50.36 fps average.

armamark, second run, arma2@ace2+beta : 42.46 fps average.

Finally managed to get to the end of the topic to post my thanks to the ACE team for what was released and what is about to come in the future.

Keep up the good work folks. :dance:

If you have problems with the downloader skipping things, go into the web-interface and run install or update with the 'execute forced' button.

That worked! Thanks man!

Am i the only one missing the scope sight for the G36?

It might be because i went through the trouble of putting my player profile info into the client side file. Either it's a problem of that or it's n ACE issue. Asking just in case.

WOW this is like a second JOB for Sickboy, lots of issues. It seems most are being worked out. Umm... does Norrins revive\respawn (the one with the optional respawn points-mobile MHQ) work with ACE II in editor built missions? Or am I just having problems implementing it.

armamark, second run, arma2@default+beta : 50.36 fps average.

armamark, second run, arma2@ace2+beta : 42.46 fps average.

During beta good values, just 8 FPS difference.

---------- Post added at 01:30 ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 ----------

Umm... does Norrins revive\respawn (the one with the optional respawn points-mobile MHQ) work with ACE II in editor built missions? Or am I just having problems implementing it.

Norrins revive works just fine, be sure to use the latest version 0.4 and don't use wounds module.

Xeno

Edited by Xeno

Is the acex_sm a seperate item>>?? sound mod?

yes..

so its my understanding we currently cant use custom sounds mod for ace at this present time?
You can, if you don't load the ACE_SM (ACE SoundMod).

As both are modding the same sounds, only 1 is active at a time.

Great mod love it, just wondering how do you use the fast roping system or is it not done yet.

Great mod love it, just wondering how do you use the fast roping system or is it not done yet.

It is currently deactivated.

Xeno

For some reason the ace options ( grenade throw, G36 scope ) cease function when doing something. I am currently playing as commander? Is this killing the features o_O ?

I could switch grenade throw modes just a minute ago.

€: Weird. For some reason the key bindings i have don't work anymore ( f.e. backspace for menu back ). At least one is not doing what it's supposed to. When reconnecting everythings fine. I'm trying to find out what triggers this problem. maybe someone has the same probs from time to time and could share a solution.

€: I think it's not mod related. It happens every time when i was in the build menu ( warfare )

- - -

Somebody try this out. When using the distance indicator for grenade launcher it works fine on the west side. But on the east side it always disappears after a split second. Please confirm.

Edited by Enforcer1975

It is currently deactivated.

Thanks for the answer so fast.:)

Is anyone able to tell me why my accuracy is all over the place in this game and I can't hit the broad side of a barn? It was fine until I updated ACE like 2 days ago.

Is anyone able to tell me why my accuracy is all over the place in this game and I can't hit the broad side of a barn? It was fine until I updated ACE like 2 days ago.

Wind? What are you shooting and how far is the object you're trying to hit? Plus some of the accuracy values might have been altered, but I can't comment on that, a dev will.