Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta!

Hm somehow my updater stopped working.

I started six Updater and it began to update files.On one file i waited like 5 minutes, nothing happened. I closed six updater and when i type in 2, to update now nothing happens no more.....?

Just saw that there was "nothing to update", but it didnt download the new Sounds for me

FYI Cobra engine/rotor sounds buggy, tilt down sounds there - tilt up for alt sounds disappears;)

FYI Cobra engine/rotor sounds buggy, tilt down sounds there - tilt up for alt sounds disappears;)

I've no idea what this means, but cobra sounds will be updated in the next mod version.

One more about multiplier. I think it`s very stupid to use it to imitate firerate in counter. So if You have to brake real firerate for FPS help, just decrease firerate. Because it`s really unfair if you have 2000 bulets, and from 6 bullets in counter only one will shoot other 5 will just disappear.

So when you use multiplier you don`t just decrease firerate, you decrease ammo capacity like 5 times, that`s really unfair.

And i`m begging mod Developers "Please don`t use multiplier, just decrease firerate"!

At the moment most of the cobra engine sounds are completely silent for me (including the rotor spinning up sounds). Anyone got any ideas what is happening there? I removed ACE2 last night because of issues with arma2 and used the six updater to download the whoal thing again (including new sound folder)

*edit*

Never mind I read further back in the posts and see others have mentioned the same prob (or similar)

Edited by Goos

sorry havent tried.

My ACE is up to speed ACE 188, ACEX 156, beta 6145, and ACEX_SM and I am getting error when I preview usermission 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ACE_SOC_M4A1_GL_13.M4_Muzzle'

Many errors to do with CfgWeapons. I installed version 7 of ACEX_SM yesterday when this problem started to happen. I have posted this in the issues section of DH

Greetings to all my fellow ArmA 2 players,

As most of you have probably noticed the ACE mod has been released bringing us a wide array of new weapons, vehicles and ballistics.

This guide is mostly about these ballistics.

At 6th Sense (community with sickboy as our great leader ;) ) i realised that it would be useful for our new (and old) members to be able to shoot their weapons in a somewhat accurate way :p . That is why this guide has been written, it does not give you any gamey tricks on how to hit a target. All it does is explaining how those dots on that fancy scope of yours work. It also explains how to use new weapons such as the claymore. And how to use sight adjustment.

The 6th Sense Deadeye guide includes almost every infantry weapon available in the ACE mod and it keeps getting updated i am still planning to add static weapons and vehicle weapons.

http://www.mediafire.com/?mm1djygykxf

Emm, can anyone post the smoke grenade classes for nearestObject thingy? The only two i found were ACE_Viewblock_Inv10x10 and ACE_Viewblock_Inv8x8 and i really dont understand it at all. Which one of those should i use for my nearestObject filter?

The 6th Sense Deadeye guide includes almost every infantry weapon available in the ACE mod and it keeps getting updated i am still planning to add static weapons and vehicle weapons.

http://www.mediafire.com/?mm1djygykxf

Awesome guide, thank you very much! I hope you keep updating it and lets us know when new versions are available. :yay:

Very nice document, FreeFire!

FYI - the documents for ACE2 and ACEX currently on the BI wiki will have to move to a new server in the next couple of weeks. The exact details will be announced when the migration is complete.

Once that is done, there should be more detail in those documents as well since we won't be subject to as many restrictions in content. I do plan to include the link to your guide in the "see also" section if that is ok with you.

Would it be possible to make the new ACE Sounds Surround (5.1) compatible?

Most of them just come out of the front speakers :).

I updated ACE with SIX Updater, but i cant find any new Soundmodfolder for ACE. What im doing wrong???

I updated ACE with SIX Updater, but i cant find any new Soundmodfolder for ACE. What im doing wrong???

You need to add the soundmod to your list of mods on the six config site thing. It's called @ACEX_SM. :)

The Package

The A.C.E. Package for ArmA 2 consists out of 3 building blocks:

CBA and ACE are a requirement, while ACEX is an optional expansion pack.

This way, we hope to support our users who have requested smaller mod size, and ability to concentrate on their type of units/vehicles/weapons for countries they like to play with/against.

Can i suggest this gets updated in the first post to reflect the existance of the sound mod? might help people who cant figure out that its another download.

Wasn't the soundmod just a temporary thing while waiting for the sound in ACE to be fixed? No need to rush and change anything then, if it will be adressed in an upcoming update.

Nope, it's being kept this way so that people can use their own soundmods if they wish. :)

Ok, so everyone needs to get this new thing? Even those of us that do not wish to use a separate soundmod?

yeah atm you have to use ACEX_SM to have rifle sounds.. I think they are working on a fix to the whole situation

Hey guys, helping a friend with the userconfig\ace\ace_clientside_config.hpp for the face/name changing etc for the gasmasks and things to work, but once he has finished editing the file, he cannot save it. He gets an error saying: "Can't create C:\program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\userconfig\ace\ace_clientside_config.hpp file. Make sure that the path and file name is correct." His path location etc seems all fine, the read me in the hpp properties is unticked, he is administrator, so just a little stuck. =/ any ideas?

cheers

EDIT: He is using Vista 32 bit

Edited by Switch

Hey guys, helping a friend with the userconfig\ace\ace_clientside_config.hpp for the face/name changing etc for the gasmasks and things to work, but once he has finished editing the file, he cannot save it. He gets an error saying: "Can't create C:\program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\userconfig\ace\ace_clientside_config.hpp file. Make sure that the path and file name is correct." His path location etc seems all fine, the read me in the hpp properties is unticked, he is administrator, so just a little stuck. =/ any ideas?

cheers

EDIT: He is using Vista 32 bit

He has to start the editor in admin mode.

or just make a copy of the ace_lientside_config.hpp on your desktop... make the changes and save it then replace the original. (always make a copy of the original first)

or just make a copy of the ace_lientside_config.hpp on your desktop... make the changes and save it then replace the original. (always make a copy of the original first)

ok, thanks, will try

The copy and edit from desktop worked a treat.

Mate says thanks :)

cheers

:bounce3: