Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta!

Run six updater, start the web client.

Click on configuration.

Click on synchronize (leave the username and password blank).

Mouseover configuration, click presets.

Click "edit" to the right of the profile you have been using. Beta in my case.

Scroll down to the "Mods" Section.

Select "@ACEX_SM" in the drop down list.

Click "Add Existing" Button.

Click "Update" button.

Click "Main" on the main menu.

Select the profile you just edited. Beta in my case.

Select "Install/Update" as the action.

Click Execute.

Edit: Run six updater as administrator in Vista/Win7

cheers mate much appreicated

First off - thanks for yet another update ACE team! :)

Second - phew! Saw the sounds thingy now. Well done making them modular, but it scared me when i tested the update for a second lol. "Where did the sounds go???" :D

Thanks again!

@Updater Documentation woes:

The documentation you guys are referring at is generic Six Updater docu, which means it shouldn't link to a specific mod's download page.

Ok, I understand. But it is located on the page "FAQ about ACE 2", so would a link to these files be so misplaced here? You could explain that it also works for other mods, and that you can just as well download other files in the same way.

I had added the VFTCAS (Terrain Collision Avoidance System) addon. Do I need it or not because I noticed a Module in ACE2 called Helicopter Crash Avoidance. Is that the same thing? and if so do I just place it on map and do I have to synch it to anything?

never got an answer to this. I have check out wiki and found nothing

Sickboy i dont seem to have a preset config when i press main in on the website, but when i press excute it comes up with some long error messages.

NoMethodError in MainController#execute

Machinegunners have earplugs.

I tested a MG with SAW and my ears started ringing until sound went away completelly. Had to restart the mission to get sound back. Will test more.

Is anyone that hosts a ace server geting regular crashes? We host a ace2 warfare server and sometimes it runs a game without crashing but most of the time it can crash from anywhere from 5min into game to 2hours into game. And it always happens when someone joins.

Could this be caused by people having outdated versions? Server without ace2 mod loaded runs fine

@ Bug reports in here:

Please, report the bugs on our issue tracker, where they can be properly tracked and handled, instead of burried in 100's of pages :)

Is anyone that hosts a ace server geting regular crashes? We host a ace2 warfare server and sometimes it runs a game without crashing but most of the time it can crash from anywhere from 5min into game to 2hours into game. And it always happens when someone joins.

Could this be caused by people having outdated versions? Server without ace2 mod loaded runs fine

I would enable signature checking for a short bit to find out to what it is related to.

There are a couple of mods incl soundmods that break the class inheritance tree, or redefine muzzles.

These in combination with ACE could cause the issue. We can look at improving on this.

At least the mods available on the rsync network, incl the soundmods are verified working.

Also, over at 6thsense we've had much crashes in the past, until some of the beta builds, are you and the clients running vanilla or beta arma ?

Edited by Sickboy

Machinegunners have earplugs.

I tested a MG with SAW and my ears started ringing until sound went away completelly. Had to restart the mission to get sound back. Will test more.

i had that issue in the previous verison of ace.. very annoying

I would enable signature checking for a short bit to find out to what it is related to.

There are a couple of mods incl soundmods that break the class inheritance tree, or redefine muzzles.

These in combination with ACE could cause the issue. We can look at improving on this.

At least the mods available on the rsync network, incl the soundmods are verified working.

Also, over at 6thsense we've had much crashes in the past, until some of the beta builds, are you and the clients running vanilla or beta arma ?

We have signature checking enabled and removed all other mod keys yeserday except the bikey and ace keys as we though other mods may conflict with ace but we still having crashing problems. I dont use beta but theres quit alot of people that do.

The server we run ace on is XR - public #2 and is normally full with 32players with server fps around 15 in mid game. But like i said theres times it runs ok but alot of the time its crashing. Arma.rpt file gives no info on why it crashed.

Sickboy i dont seem to have a preset config when i press main in on the website, but when i press excute it comes up with some long error messages.

NoMethodError in MainController#execute

can anybody help me with this i cant update ace to get the acesm folder

never got an answer to this. I have check out wiki and found nothing

These were disabled since the latest update, due to the fixes in the arma 2 beta.

We have signature checking enabled and removed all other mod keys yeserday except the bikey and ace keys as we though other mods may conflict with ace but we still having crashing problems. I dont use beta but theres quit alot of people that do.

The server we run ace on is XR - public #2 and is normally full with 32players with server fps around 15 in mid game. But like i said theres times it runs ok but alot of the time its crashing. Arma.rpt file gives no info on why it crashed.

Hmm, anyone else out there with the same epxerience? Important to note if you use the arma2 beta patch or not.

Will investigate in any case.

can anybody help me with this i cant update ace to get the acesm folder

Odd error. It might be quickest if you quit the apps, redownload the current setup.exe (even if version is the same), reinstall it. Run the web-client, click configuration, *dont* enter username/password, just click synchronize.

Now go to Configuration -> Presets, and edit your favorite preset, attach your favorite mods to it, then click Main, select the preset if it isnt already, and hit execute auto, or the usual execute :)

If you keep having issues, please create a ticket, attach your logs and we will try to resolve.

Edited by Sickboy

When I use a gasmask or anything similar I suddently start writing all key actions in the sidechat. How to I deactivate this?

Like this:

Alpha 1 Blechreiz:"16"

Alpha 1 Blechreiz:"17"

Alpha 1 Blechreiz:"56"

Alpha 1 Blechreiz:"11"

How do I disable the console that shows up in the escape menu? Its screwing up other options. Also, I noticed that the game will often times turn blurry after trying to click on the menu items so I wanna make it gone.

Did anybody else experience the same problem? With ACE i cannot load any saved mission. Saved with the same version (187), but cannot load it.

Talking about SP of course.

The old sound files are deleted when you update with ACE_SM?

cool mod but i honestly haven't seen any of the features while playing since i cant figure out how to get them to work, is there some kind of documentation or a change log which tells me what is actually in this mod and how to use the stuff, sorry if there is one already , but this thread is just way to huge to go scrolling through it to find stuff.

a few bugs i have noticed while haiving ace and acex running

1.there is no voice sound for my squad, the text still comes up though, just no sound

2.alot of the time when i start up the editor, and i place a soldier he always starts with his pistol drawn and not his main weapon

3.placing the special forces guys seem to crash the game, i think this might be a newer issue since its only been happening with a recent update

Is anybody getting no sound from Standard ArmA2 Weapons? (M16/M14/Russian Ones). We cant hear the gun shot, but you can hear the bullet bouncing.

Is this a common problem? Cos it means we cant hear the enemy or ourselves!

I just updated to the latest version and the gun sounds for the regular Arma 2 weapons (these were the ones my group tested) don't have any sound. Strange stuff, hope it's fixed soon.

hi i updated my ace and acex together and there are bis weapon sounds now. and a message when playing editor he says something with aps config not found.

What happened to the weapon´s sounds, is there a way to go back to an older version in the meantime?

One last thing i forgot to mention. People sometimes crash to desktop at the same time server crashes. Just happened just now 30min into game after we updated ace. Someone connected to server and benny the maker of Warfare BE and other guys then crashed to desktop and server went down.

Server not using beta patch but benny was and maybe others.

I know this has been mentioned time and again, but the fact the updater means we can't pick and stay at a particular version of our choice is killing us. With ACE1, we only had to update the server once, we could skip any variants with bugs (i.e. the latest one by the sounds of it), and if anyone turned up late to the party it didn't mean everyone else and the server had to update to bring everyone on level.

Wouldn't internal fixes then an update every week or two make more sense anyway? I also find it terribly strange to be complaining about a mod fixing things too often. :p

I really appreciate what ACE2 brings, but the updater is screwing us over.