Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta!

combat goggles are positioned a little too high on the head.

also, they should be thicker and larger.

Hi, and thanks a bunch for such a wonderful mod ACE TEAM! I am posting this cause I am not sure if my version is the latest CBA 33, ACE 186, ACEX 153. This is the version I have after updating sixupdater. Is this the current version?

Yes, that is the version I have. Almost certain it is up to date.

Hey guys i just want to play ace single play atm, iv installed Ace using mod folders, but where do i put user config. I'm using the steam version of Arma 2.

Went around to test a little, and encountered the bug mentioned here: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/6419

http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3686/missingdotm16a4aim.jpg

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/5281/missingdotm4socomeotech.jpg

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/7468/missingdotm4socomaimpoi.jpg

It seems to occur in all ACE rifles so far, which have red-dot sights. The projections are also very faint against sunlit backgrounds.

I also have a GTX 260. At night, the sights work perfectly, though.

I still have the issue with all ACE weapons (new EOTech, red dots).

Updated ACE via the Six updater, and version is showing 0.1.186 (which is the newest version of ACE at the moment from what I see, sitting at beta 4). The issue was supposedly fixed and applied to beta 2.

Windows 7 Pro 64-bit, nVidia GTX 275, driver version 195.62.

More documentation on the way on the BI wiki. Getting class lists, etc, and then some how-to sections for various things.

In the meantime...

1. Rucks. Added a small section to the ACE2 features. More on the way. Will be releasing documents on an API for mission-makers once the code for those is done and released.

2. Explosives like trip flares, claymores... Place one like a satchel charge. Then you will get action options to aim it ( clays ), attach a trip-wire, etc.

3. Goggles, mask. Documented in the FAQ. Once you register your player profile with ACE via the config, you should get extra actions to change headgear if you have at least one goggle/mask in your inventory.

Tanks...

Updated the profile but after running 6 updater it deleted my backup and replaced the config with an original one?

I am having problems activating the gas mask and small stuff...but so far nothing really buggy ( playing on the older version though )

My question is: how can a remote admin keep ACE2 up-to-date on a leased server (one lacking any third-party/six updater capabilities)? Will I need to overwrite the entire @ACE, @ACEX, @CBA folders with each update?

Thanks

If it is a linux server...and you got access to a shell, you can try my script:

http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/six-arma-updater/Linux#rSync-on-server-scripted

Morning! Are we all ready for Monday ACE Patch Thyme, 18:00 GMT, then? I know we are!

I hope you all enjoyed the patch-less Saturday and Sunday, and have enjoyed playing ACE in various ways :) I have seen over 200 concurrent ACE players, and that was only on the 24 registered servers.

And I hope that most of you have discovered the potential of the Updater Suite by now, and have concluded that it isn't so much about the current deficiences of the Web-client, but rather about the complete platform that has been rolled out in a very short time :)

I wanted to thank everyone who has reported issues with either the Mod and the Updater Suite. Because of your reports, we are able to move both projects forward.

Keep it up!

Hi, and thanks a bunch for such a wonderful mod ACE TEAM! I am posting this cause I am not sure if my version is the latest CBA 33, ACE 186, ACEX 153. This is the version I have after updating sixupdater. Is this the current version?
Tnx! Latest yep. You can track the version realtime at:

http://updater.dev-heaven.net/main

BDR Clan Italia ACE Server, up and running :yay:

b_560x95.png

Tnx. Added you to the system! http://updater.dev-heaven.net/stats

Server is direct joinable from the web-client, with required mods.

Edited by Sickboy

-IMPORTANT-

As you might remember, we were updating the whole ACE2 Mod through YAS including the Rsync installation folders. These were the extra .rsync folders in your @CBA, @ACE, @ACEX. This made transition to official RSync Updater Tool without the need to download everything all over again. They have absolutely NO effect on gameplay and you don't need to load them with modfolder, @CBA;@ACE;@ACEX is enough.

Infact you can delete these folders and ACE Mod will run just as fine. Only downside will be that, IF you switch to RsyncUpdaterTool, you'll need to download everything once again. If you stick to Yoma , nothing will change. Only less download :) .

Although this is a good option to have, it has a price however; extra download/traffic.

The whole ACE MOD download or folders (@CBA,@ACE,@ACEX) weigh 1.2GB where as you only need 660 MBs of this data to play ACE.

Reviewing our bandwidth usage & limits, we decided to remove the .rsync folders inside the ACE from KH YAS updater. This will reduce the size of the downloaded content to half, saving traffic for both you and us, with 0 effect on gameplay or ACEMod.

BUT you will need to download the whole mod over again if you decide to leave YAS and switch to Rsync Updater Tool. A small price to pay compared to what RapidSwitch charges us for excess bandwith over our free 3TB.

so to summarise...

Starting from the next ACE mod update, Kellys YAS will not be updated for .rsync folders inside your @ACE modfolders.

Your ACE Mod will be updated properly to the latest release and we will continue to update KH YAS to the future ACE Mod releases.

BUT if you decide to leave Yoma & switch to RsyncUpdaterTool later on, you will not be able to do that. Well..you will, but you'll need to download the whole mod all over again using rsync.

Therefore if you are planning to switch to RsyncUpdaterTool, now is the time. It has been 2 weeks since the RSync is announced. The heat wave is over and there is enough documentation if you wish to do so.

As I said, Kellys Heroes will keep updating the KH ACE YAS Repository to the latest release and you will have absolutely no effect on gameplay or ACE playability or MP connections.

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/forum/rss.php

Regards,

Cross

PS..you don't need to add .rsync folder to your modline. Adding @CBA;@ACE;@ACEX is enough.

Edited by Cross

Sickboy, how can I remove the autoupdate of a given mod on the six-patcher? I want to remove 'beta' checks and manually upgrade it, I tried using the web server app but either it didn't save or didn't work.

@Cross: Thanks :) I know it seems a long time since the introduction, but the suite's officially presented 1 week and 1 day ago. Not 2 weeks :D

Sickboy, how can I remove the autoupdate of a given mod on the six-patcher? I want to remove 'beta' checks and manually upgrade it, I tried using the web server app but either it didn't save or didn't work.
Please edit six-updater.yml and remove the "beta" definition. Or download the configuration file without beta (from the Lazymethod).

Re the web-client, did you click execute/save once on the main page? This updates the configuration file.

If you ticket your issue with the web-client, we might be able to resolve it all together.

Edited by Sickboy

Yes I saved it but didn't work (it showed as 'saved' on web but didn't save changes to file aparentlly), will try again and if not will make manual edit (& try to ticket).

edit: when I open the preset (using beta preset) in the web client under mods only CBA, ACE, ACEX are listed but when I try to update it checks beta too, does 'beta preset' automatically checks for new beta by default regardless of it not being listed under mods? could be that, otherwise I will open a ticket.

Edited by KNac

Yes I saved it but didn't work (it showed as 'saved' on web but didn't save changes to file aparentlly), will try again and if not will make manual edit (& try to ticket).

edit: when I open the preset (using beta preset) in the web client under mods only CBA, ACE, ACEX are listed but when I try to update it checks beta too, does 'beta preset' automatically checks for new beta by default regardless of it not being listed under mods? could be that, otherwise I will open a ticket.

It only does if you select a server that requires the beta mod to play. Forgot to mention that :)

All required-mods of a server are auto selected when you select the server to use in your preset / on the main page.

I am working on improving the process so that the web-client can check with the web-server to find out if there are new updates.

Then it will only run the update process on the mods that are actually updated, which should be much much quicker.

That, and much more planned.

Edited by Sickboy

Go to Configuration > Servers check if there is server listed there. If you are not going to use it, remove from list.

Also click on Configuration and remove and login name and password and sychronise

You'll be able to update only the preset from now on. Again save it on MAIN screen and you'll be able to update the preset using option 2

Morning! Are we all ready for Monday ACE Patch Thyme, 18:00 GMT, then?

I'm here ready to press "UPDATE" key :D

Tnx. Added you to the system! http://updater.dev-heaven.net/stats

Server is direct joinable from the web-client, with required mods.

Thank you.

A bug that we noticed in Domination (I'm reporting it now on devheaven): gas granades have no effects on AI :p

Sickboy, if you guys keep this up you better watch out, some company is going to scoop you all up to flesh out their game engine! :eek: (If their name rhymes with ModeCasters, just say NO! :p )

Fantastic package for a bunch of people that simply like a game. Lots of skill and thinking of the big picture, long term process, and project lifetime went into this. (I.E. Kind of difficult to initially set up, but a thoughtless breeze afterwards.. Like any good servo drive!)

A question everytime i run sixupdater to check for updates do i have to go press 1 all time? to go to website like i do at install first time ACE or can i just press 2 after you already did it?

Hello, please advice, I'm already desperate

look how the line # define ACE_NOVOICE, so that he could hear radio? Sorry for my English but I write through the Google translator.

Hello, please advice, I'm already desperate

look how the line # define ACE_NOVOICE, so that he could hear radio? Sorry for my English but I write through the Google translator.

#define ACE_NOVOICE off

//define ACE_NOVOICE on

C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\userconfig\ACE

#define ACE_NOVOICE no voice,you cant hear AI,

//#define ACE_NOVOICE voice active again.

#define ACE_NOVOICE off

//define ACE_NOVOICE on

I just does not work, I do not know what I'm doing wrong, normally I edit it, save it, and turn on armu no effect, same thing if I want to change the preset keys: (

EDIT: idiot here, I'm edited C: \ Program Files \ Bohemia Interactive \ ArmA 2 \ @ ACE \ userconfig sorry.

Edited by zip545

lol...I had the same problem. Ended up editing all instances of that user config file. I did miss the "GO, ILL COVER" spam. :rolleyes:

=======================================

What can I say about this mod...at first, there were a few things I thought, "Okay...not sure about that". (Updater & fatigue are 2 that spring to mind). After a few days of playing though, I'm hooked. Really. ACE2 has just added another, deeper layer to a game that was pretty damn deep to begin with. Okay, I have to be careful how fast * far Im running, my ammo doesn't last as long, and aiming with the ACOG & SMAW isn't quite the fish in a barrel shoot that it was. These are all good things, bloody good things. I'm even using the aimpoints now.

And apart from checking out things like sight adjustments, I haven't even begun to use the units yet.

Amazing guys. Simply amazing.