Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta!

Aye aye aye.. How many times will the Dev's have to say that they tested different methods and the blackouts are the most consistent? Doing the black out effect has the same effect as a radial blur, without needing to overtax peoples cards, not to mention radial blurring consistently can cause issues with peoples eyes in real life. The black outs are simple, effective and work well considering all of the above. Doubt highly that it's going to change any time soon.

Also, to the people asking about new gear, did you forget to learn how to read a first post? Read the features, class lists, etc etc and you'll learn how many new things are already added.

As for the chemlights, not sure, you're sure its in your primary ammunition kit slot? I've not been able to replicate the issue despite some testing.

Good luck.

Quick quetion on the Chemsticks....anyone else having touble selecting them?

I can put them in my inventory but cannot select them for some reason? They dont show up when I hit F, I get the full, semi, grenade, smoke, but no Chemstick...even though I am carry it. Any ideas?

Cheers

Hey Blackdog1

Since the last update ive been having this issue aswell, what i did too make the chemstick show was to have two in my inventry and drop all my gear so i only had the chemsticks and then it would show up, i know its a bit of shit to drop your wep but it works none of the less

You can actually carry 3 weapons and a backpack (1 weapon will be inside the backpack), but don't expect to run very far.

The key is to first get a launcher and put it on your back. Then, get a backpack and put the launcher in your hands. The backpack will end up on your back, with both primary weapon slots available. The backpack doesn't seem to want to go to your back by itself. Also, I don't think you can just drop the backpack without having ammo for your 2nd slot primary weapon drop in the process.

Just some questions.

- can someone explain what each module does ? for example with the stick together module does that make the AI stick together more ? to get it to work do i need to sync it to an ai units leader ?

- i need to remap the ace key as i don't have a right windows key, the problem is in the config file i have to put in the number of the key i want it to be... how do i work out what number a key is ?

Here you go mate, gets you ingame in about 10 minutes.

Cheers, i will give that a go

Is there a way to put a second rifle on back in the editor?

To reiterate, I want to place it using the editor, so whoever plays the mission has the weapon by default on their back and not have to pick it up manually. Is there anyway to possibly do that?

I've got two questions....

Both are concerning stamina...but possible bug...not complaint.

Is anyone else experiencing the stamina kicking in at random times when it probably shouldn't? Like getting out of a vehicle or ATV and suddenly being winded when you haven't been running anywhere. I had it happen(so I think) to me twice yesterday, once on ATV and once after teleporting. I thought of adding a note over on the bug tracker but I am not sure if it is a common problem as it seems like it occurs to me at random times. I just want to see if anyone else is having issues besides me before I persue it any further.

Second...

I has seen that there is a module in the editor to turn off the stamina. How do I go about using this? Do I need to sync it to the players on the map or do anything else to besides just adding it to the editor? I tried just placing it in there the other night into Domination. It seemed to work up until the player respawns, and then goes back to the normal way. Am I doing something wrong?

I know there is a lack of documentation for features, i.e. not everything posted yet but I am at a loss at these folks that come in saying they can't be arsed to read the whole thread and then ask a question showing they weren't arsed to read the first post either.

*choke*

Lack of documentation?

I know there are still some gaps - but there is more documentation out for ACE2 than there was for ACE1 on the BI wiki. Enough data that we got yelled at for "abusing" their wiki ( status still pending ).

I'm writing as fast as I can and still have a life. And at some point I may have to write it all over again if we move to a different site and different format.

Not that anyone will bother to read it. But the information is out there if anyone cares to look.

I've been thinking a lot about stamina. It is great, really, it's just the way effect is done that bothers me. You see I really have nothing against getting tired from running, it's normal, but you msut agree that blackouts and deafness is something you wont get from running too much... Also, time needed for blackouts to stop is too long, really... But there should be no blackouts at first place, maby some radial blur or something... And yeah, crank up the volume of hartbeats and make them faster. It is just my opinion of course, but I've seen so many people saying similar thing.

In conclusion, stamina is great, just change the way effect appears!

10000% signed

Maybe the player should even get slower and the heartbeats may become louder than everything arround. Heavy blur instead of blackouts and deafness is a good idea. I guess this point has to be reworked because thats the only point many players I know criticize. I think the time to rest should be shorter, too. Good post! :)

i just finished downloading it but when i launch arma i get the following error message

Include File userconfig\ace\ace_clientside_config.hpp not found

anyone able to help ? can't get on TS at the moment

I need help since I've updated this morning all of the key bindings like deploying bi-pod, cqb sights, wind etc. don't work I've tried updating again but nothing has worked. Do any of you know how to fix this?

NOT THE STAMINA DISCUSSION AGAIN?!?!?!

Please newbies, stop talking about the stamina system! You don't like it, don't play the mod! This discussion has been around since ACE1 and I think there's no point talking about it again!

The stamina system in ACE2 is already FAR MORE realistic than it was in ACE1.

Remember, running and SPRINTING is DIFFERENT!!! In real life, some people can't sprint for 200m before collapsing with no gears on! Don't believe me? just go sprinting with all your might later on in RL and let me know how you fair!

I did some testing (silly things) on my clans domination server.. I loaded up 186kg and tried to run to the choppers.. I got about half way Barley and my characters heart was pumping so fast :D He faceplanted while gasping for air.. Hilarius.. That you can even run with 186kg+basic combar gear, at least another 20kg.. I mean c'mon.. You shouldn't even be able too walk let alone run :yay:

Hi Hatta, the ACE guys might be able to clarify/deny, but you could try the following based on the fact that your modified key settings are kept in the 'userconfig' file:

Move the 'userconfig' file from the root Arma 2 directory onto somewhere safe (like your Desktop).

Then re-run the SIX Updater (option 2) and it will restore the userconfig file, thus resetting your defaults.

All should now be okay and back to where you began. Chances are, you probably put incorrect info into the ace_keys file. This way, you can start again from scratch.

Hope that is of use to you. DA

EDIT: This is one of the best things about ACE - if you fuck something up by fiddling with files, then you can just remove the culprit and then update the installation back to normal. Much quicker than having to DL the whole thing again. Excellent vision from the ACE team.

Edited by Das Attorney

*choke*

Lack of documentation?

I know there are still some gaps - but there is more documentation out for ACE2 than there was for ACE1 on the BI wiki. Enough data that we got yelled at for "abusing" their wiki ( status still pending ).

I'm writing as fast as I can and still have a life. And at some point I may have to write it all over again if we move to a different site and different format.

Not that anyone will bother to read it. But the information is out there if anyone cares to look.

I meant on some features, not over all mate, sorry if I confused.

man im so confused about ace's controls

Is there a key i have to press everytime to bring up some kind of ace interact menu (a bit like when you move the mouse scroll button) ? i have gone to the key config settings and changed my setting so the T key brings it up. Here is how i have it setup

class Interaction_Menu

{

key = 20; // win l

shift = 0;

};

but when i press the T key absolutely nothing happens. I have tried it with various other keys and still nothing happens.

Im not even sure what this "ACE" key is meant to do ?!?

Also when i have a machinegun and lie down and press shift and space it deploys the bi pod but also brings up the command menu thingy. same goes for when i press shift and v to change the Grenad Launchers sights, it works but i do a step over as well as thats what is currently mapped to the key V.

Im very confused

Sickboy,

I've searched around and read several posts but I'm still not clear on the topic of leased servers:

We lease a small dedicated game server for our clan play. The hosting company was quick to make the ACE2 files available, but they have not updated since v1.84. I've seen a few scattered posts about server versions being out of sync, but I'm not clear on how to resolve it. I suspect that we're somewhat at the mercy of the hosting service.

My question is: how can a remote admin keep ACE2 up-to-date on a leased server (one lacking any third-party/six updater capabilities)? Will I need to overwrite the entire @ACE, @ACEX, @CBA folders with each update?

Thanks

Stupid question number infinitum;

I am kinda having problems with

[this] exec "ca\air2\halo\data\Scripts\HALO_getout.sqs"

now, I don't know if this would be because ACE uses "Jump out" instead of "Eject" in aircrafts but that small script doesn't really work anymore. Any solutions? I did search but it turned out nothing usefull.

(Not to mention that =BWF= Le_CuLtO's HALO script doesn't work, or atleast the "

[player] exec "HALO\HALO_getout.sqs";

" solution. Maybe I'm doing something wrong here again? And I'm not even sure if this should go into Mission Editing forum?)

I apologize if this has been responded to before, but all of a sudden the keys don't work for me anymore. They were working this morning, then I went to play without the ACE mods with my friends (Just using a scud), then later when I rebooted the game with the ACE the keys stopped working all of a sudden? I used ACE and ACEX by the way.

Any help appreciated, I really need to know within 5 hours if possible.

Edited by bezzzy
Had to give deadline.

My question is: how can a remote admin keep ACE2 up-to-date on a leased server (one lacking any third-party/six updater capabilities)? Will I need to overwrite the entire @ACE, @ACEX, @CBA folders with each update?
No, just the files that were changed. If you only have FTP access, update the three mod folders on your own computer and then upload the files that have changed to the server.

Some FTP client programs can do this for you - ie they let you skip the files that haven't changed, so you can just ask to upload all three folders and let the FTP program skip what doesn't have to be uploaded.

Oh btw - if you have FTP access only, you won't need the files in the ".rsync" folder within the @ACE,@ACEX and @CBA folders that are created on your own computer. Upload everything else but that folder to save traffic.

Is anyone else experiencing the stamina kicking in at random times when it probably shouldn't? Like getting out of a vehicle or ATV and suddenly being winded when you haven't been running anywhere. I had it happen(so I think) to me twice yesterday, once on ATV and once after teleporting. I thought of adding a note over on the bug tracker but I am not sure if it is a common problem as it seems like it occurs to me at random times. I just want to see if anyone else is having issues besides me before I persue it any further.

Where you winded when entering the ATV?

It would be interesting to hear from a dev about the actual timing of this thing... Last game I played I carried quite heavy stuff (MK48, lots of ammo, around 50kg) and once I got winded it was virtually impossible to loose the damn penalty. I could wait for minutes, breath calm down, aim is perfect, little pounding, only to get up and collapse after 10 meters. I felt like a flopping fish.

Hi, and thanks a bunch for such a wonderful mod ACE TEAM! I am posting this cause I am not sure if my version is the latest CBA 33, ACE 186, ACEX 153. This is the version I have after updating sixupdater. Is this the current version?