Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta!

thanks for the respond but another qeustion now, How can i install this mod? I have installed the updater and updated it etc. But how can i now start the mod?

thanks for the respond but another qeustion now, How can i install this mod? I have installed the updater and updated it etc. But how can i now start the mod?

If you downloaded one of the two configuration files from the page I linked, and put it in your six-updater installation folder,

action 2 from the launcher will install the mods, and 21 will update and start the game. 23 will just start the game.

Sickboy, please tell me how to register for the SIX Updater Server Portal. I bet my ClanLeader would be really happy if he hasn´t to update everything manually every Time

ATM im adding servers manually, but the API will soon (few days/weeks) open up. I will also accept some more mods soon, while we keep monitoring the status.

If you let me know the server details (ip, port, req mods, homepage, arma2 beta patch yes/no?), ill hook you guys up.

Any server on the list will be available to web-client users, and will join the server automatically with the required mods (if available on the system).

Edited by Sickboy

Hi, im crashing to Dekstop if i try to use Namalsk Island with ACE2.

Is that a known issue, i guess it has something to do with the loading screen for the Islands, cause it always crashes there..

Quick question, and it might have been answered before, but I'm not looking through the 250+ pages of this thread to find the answer. I also did a search, nothing came up.

Is there anyone having problems with the ACE features(sight adjustment, grenade throws, weapon resting, ect) getting turned off in multiplayer? Everything was working great, until my buddy threw a grenade, then everything shut off. I was able to use the sight adjustments(was using M136) before this happened, then they all stopped working. Is there a fix, or is this a known bug? Am I the only person having the problem(that I doubt)?

Tnx. Configure alpine to use beta\arma2.exe or disable the official arma2 beta mod.

I did and still no go, I deleted the beta folder all together.

Ace & Dynamic Weather Module dont go well together either :(, I keep crashing to desk top when ever I add snow & blizzard module to the map :(

For people having issues editing the config files, make sure you are editing

\arma2\userconfig\ace\ace_clientside_config.hpp not

\arma2\@ACE\userconfig\ace\ace_clentside_config.hpp

if you edit the config in the wrong folder you will not see any effect.

Sorry if anyone asked this before. But is there any ammobox-init to add most weapons? I would like to put them into my coops. Like

clearWeaponCargo this; clearMagazineCargo this; this addweaponcargo ["M4A1",5];

and so on.

Thx for your help

Sorry if anyone asked this before. But is there any ammobox-init to add most weapons? I would like to put them into my coops. Like

clearWeaponCargo this; clearMagazineCargo this; this addweaponcargo ["M4A1",5];

and so on.

Thx for your help

Don't take this for fact but I believe you can do it just like any other weapons as long as you have the weapon classes.

Im lazy and asking for a complete one :) Maybe with weapons included that are not listed in the Wiki

i have installed the six updater, but it cant update the @ACE folder.

I open the updater select 2 and hit enter. than i get the message:

WARNING: Folder already exist but seems incompatible. Not instaling.

i havent changed anything to the folder or its content. my version is 182. does someone have any ideas?

Thatnks ACE team for all the hard work but I have a little problem.

I've lost all character voices after installing ACE 2.

i havent changed anything to the folder or its content. my version is 182. does someone have any ideas?

For testing, please move away the @ACE folder to some place, and run option 2 again.

SICKBOY I have the data of our Clan server. We already have been playing ACE in the Closed Beta and we still enjoy it

IP:78.46.36.57 Port:2322 req mods: none Homepage: newageguerilla.kilu.de Beta Patch: Yes

Please tell me how we can configure everything

The various functions that seem to be hit & miss (for example the weapon resting function, which seems to come & go), I suppose that could be down to the phenomenon I call "script lag", where the functionality is subjected to the 3ms cut-off limit for scripts? I see a lot of it in my own tests so that's why I mention it here.

You mean the Functions that disappear after reloading a savegame?

You mean the Functions that disappear after reloading a savegame?

No, the functions that seem to either work or not work almost randomly.

Does anyone know how to work the Fastrope & Loadmaster features yet?

Please don't ask me to use the search function - I've tried and i can't find a single answer even though its been asked many times.

Also, i'm having problems with the IFF IR strobe, i used addweapon to add it to the inventory but i couldnt turn it on/use it

Is there anyone having problems with the ACE features(sight adjustment, grenade throws, weapon resting, ect) getting turned off in multiplayer? Everything was working great, until my buddy threw a grenade, then everything shut off. I was able to use the sight adjustments(was using M136) before this happened, then they all stopped working. Is there a fix, or is this a known bug? Am I the only person having the problem(that I doubt)?

Alot of people had similar issues, i know one cause was parajumping onto a location.

For those with features turning on/off

Please double check if you have other addons loaded, if you do, please try without em so we can see if it's a compatibility issue or caused by a bug.

If you create a ticket and attach your arma2.rpt, it will help greatly to track the issue and resolve it.

SICKBOY I have the data of our Clan server. We already have been playing ACE in the Closed Beta and we still enjoy it

IP:78.46.36.57 Port:2322 req mods: none Homepage: newageguerilla.kilu.de Beta Patch: Yes

Please tell me how we can configure everything

Thanks. I've added you to the page. Nothing more to do now. People who use the web-client, can select the server from the list, the required mods are automatically selected.

If you'd like to use the updater software on the server, please check:

For Linux, basic: http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/six-arma-updater/Linux

For Windows, basic: http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/six-arma-updater/Quickstart or http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/ace-mod2/Lazy

For Windows, advanced (with remote management by browser): http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1512000&postcount=2116

Edited by Sickboy

Thatnks ACE team for all the hard work but I have a little problem.

I've lost all character voices after installing ACE 2.

look in the „userconfig„ folder, you will see „ace_clientside_config„ is written there how to activate character voices. (you need only 2 little bars „//„):)

Im lazy and asking for a complete one :) Maybe with weapons included that are not listed in the Wiki

here's a start http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1510636&postcount=1653

---------- Post added at 02:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 PM ----------

delete the folder

Yeah i had that error as well, i cant help you i`m afraid, i never got the thing working after spending over an hour on it, so i removed it.

Shame really!

Yeah i had that error as well, i cant help you i`m afraid, i never got the thing working after spending over an hour on it, so i removed it.

Shame really!

WARNING-Folder-Already-exists-but-seems-incompatible-Not-Installing

It comes down to wrong .7z files, or modfolder. Please just delete both, and run option 2. That's all; you'll be playing minutes later.

--

I've adjusted the warning message, and added: "If you want the software to install this mod, please delete the modfolder".

six-updater-0.11.6 (auto-update)

in 0.11.5 I already prevented issues with broken 7z's, when no modfolders are available yet:

"Installing... This might take a while, please wait.

Found @ACE.7z, using it

WARNING: Failed to open the repository, the @ACE.7z does not seem to be correct

Installing from rsync network instead"

Edited by Sickboy