Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta!

The m109 takes the Tung's turret out in 3-5 shots.

3 i think vertical movement, then 5 horizontal movement.

hmmmm, could it have been that it needed 2 clips due to me shooting it at a range of 1200 meters? or maybe I just thought that it needed that much :yay:

lol

I haven't heard any snap sounds as of yet...

Have you been shot at? :confused:

Bullet snaps are practically a dealbreaker in my book.

hmmmm, could it have been that it needed 2 clips due to me shooting it at a range of 1200 meters? or maybe I just thought that it needed that much :yay:

lol

bulletrange seems to be a factor when calculating damage, makes sense with the impact speed being smaller... I bet some guys have all the calculations for this thou...

The game won't start with the latest beta(61062) + ace for me... Loading ends with an error message: "Error compiling pixel shader PSTreeAdv:0". It works with the regular 1.04 though.

This happened to me as well, and I thought it had something to do with ACE or the Six Updater.

It turns out it was me messing up the command line parameters. The reason why the vanilla was working is because I had no way I could mess up the parameters with the simple double click of arma2.exe.

For everyone here using a beta version of ArmA 2 make sure, absolutely sure, you check the following, in case you are getting any weird error about pixel shaders:

(for this example I'll suppose your Arma 2 installation is as default)

1) Right click on your ArmA 2 Shortcut (supposedly, on your desktop);

2) Click on "Properties";

3) Check the following syntax in the "Target:" field:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\beta\arma2.exe" -nosplash -nofilepatching -mod=beta;@ACE;@ACEX;@CBA

Never put a final ";" in the command line and always run "beta" as the first mod in the list. I've heard some people suggest putting it as last one but ArmA 2 has be running fine for me with beta as the first one, right after the "="

4) Check that the "Start in:" field reports the main ArmA 2 folder, NOT the beta folder:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2"

That's it. Most of the time, pixel shader errors are caused by wrong command lines, mostly:

1) running the beta .exe without having "beta" as one of the mods in the -mod= parameter;

2) running the beta and having the "start in" use the beta folder, instead of the main ArmA 2 installation folder.

Let me know if this helps, it definitely worked for me, no more pixel shader errors.

bulletrange seems to be a factor when calculating damage, makes sense with the impact speed being smaller.

As it is in the vanilla version. But I hope in ACE the M4's bullets will not turn into paintballs at 450m as they do at the moment.

Our community server is already running ACE2. Filter for "[LagZero.NET]ArmA 2 1.04 ACE2"

As it is in the vanilla version. But I hope in ACE the M4's bullets will not turn into paintballs at 450m as they do at the moment.

I hope not, if thats the case its something that has to be fixed... IF you get hit from distance it could go from what would have been a killing hit to a injure... but no way that that soldier could be able to continue fighting.

Could mean more fun for the medics if this would get solved... ;)

---------- Post added at 03:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 AM ----------

funniest thing i have read today... =)

Goddamn the install process could certainly be a little less convoluted, I had no problems following the guide below and kudos to the guy who wrote it. But still, there is no reason that this process should have been contrived as such in the first place, it is only going to drive anyone with only basic computer skills around the bend.

First Run using WebUI:

1. Install the updater.

2. Start the updater and select item 1 and press enter, this will open a web interface after a few seconds. If not browse to http://localhost:16333

Note to Vista/7 UAC users: Please run the application "As Administrator" (Right click)

Page may take a bit long to show...wait for it.

Setting-up

3. Click on Configuration (Not anything in the submenu).

4. Click Synchronize, you don't need a username or password, some text will appear when it's done.

5. Click Settings in the submenu of Configuration and make sure updater correctly found & setup your Arma2 folder

6. Click Presets in the submenu of Configuration.

7. Choose a preset (Vanilla should be OK) and click the Edit button to the right of it.

8. Scroll down to Mods and add the mods you want the updater to manage by choosing them from the list and clicking Add Existing. (You will need to add CBA, ACE, ACEX )

9. Press Update, below, when done.

10. Do the steps 3-8 for Beta Preset if you want to use beta with ACE as well.

Installing/Updating

11. Click on Main.

12. Select the Preset you edited (Vanilla/Beta), then Install or Update (or Install or Update, and Start Game) from the Action list.

13. Click Execute.

The updater will now install the selected mods.

For updating ACE,ACEX,CBA without WebUI

1. Start the Updater and select item 2. This update all the mods you've setup.

For updating ACE,ACEX,CBA using WebUI

1. Start the updater and select item 1 and press enter, this will open a web interface after a few seconds. If not browse to http://localhost:16333

Note to Vista/7 UAC users: Please run the application "As Administrator" (Right click)

Page may take a bit long to show...wait for it. It starts in the "Main" Screen

2. Select the preset you want to update (Vanilla or Beta)

3. Select Install/Update

4. Click Execute

****Note that you'll need to remove the CBA in your Arma2 folder and re-download with the updater for the first installation. So that you can update CBA later with the updater.

****If it is taking too long for you using FireFox. Fire up IE and enter http://localhost:16333. FF is unusable for me but it is running as it should using IE.

Edited by TheReddog

Shift+F is not bringing up CQB sights, and shift+num 0 does nothing for underbarrel GL's. Am I missing something?

Out of curiosity, and im sorry if this has been asked, will ACE2 include the SCAR and HK416 and 17s? Thanks

I know the HK416 and 17's are not atm, but I believe they should be at some time. Check here for class names and stuff

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ACE2

hopefully they will add these weapons, but you can also use RobertHammers HK416, however you wont be able to use the CQB sights

Shift+F is not bringing up CQB sights, and shift+num 0 does nothing for underbarrel GL's. Am I missing something?

Grenade ranging is defaulted to SHIFT-V the wiki isn't updated. CQB sights is available only to ACE weapons. Try anything with ACOG (which of course has not sight on top, just looking above the sight) and G36 with kollimators.

The latest record, 4 minutes after public announcement, first updated report by DragonBaron. Thanks!

For the official arma2 beta, if you have installed the beta manually, but want the updater suite to manage it instead, then you need to remove it first.

If you have not yet configured the beta modfolder in the six-updater.yml, please get the beta one available in the "Lazy method".

(The beta was updated earlier today, not at the "ACE Patch Thyme")

For the virtualstore please check: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/6806#note-2

Here you can check/track the releases, versions and more: http://updater.dev-heaven.net/main

@Cross & KellysHeroes: Thanks!

I originally downloaded the beta from the updater... how do I config six-updater.yml? and what do I need to add to it?

Grenade ranging is defaulted to SHIFT-V the wiki isn't updated. CQB sights is available only to ACE weapons. Try anything with ACOG (which of course has not sight on top, just looking above the sight) and G36 with kollimators.

Tried the M16A4+ACOG the USMC grenadier carries, but nothing.

Is there anywhere where I can see a set of instructions for all these new features the mod introduces? I don't mean the features site but an actual in depth guide or something.

Is there anywhere where I can see a set of instructions for all these new features the mod introduces? I don't mean the features site but an actual in depth guide or something.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ACE2

that seems all for now,

Did you try the ACE version of the M16A4+ACOG? if you are using the stock version, it won't work. To experiment, go to editor, place an AE ammo box and then use the guns in there.

Out of curiosity, and im sorry if this has been asked, will ACE2 include the SCAR and HK416 and 17s? Thanks

no SCAR for ACE, Sickboy or another ACE dev mentioned this earlier, however the 416/417 are in the works along with the KAC SR-25.

This happened to me as well, and I thought it had something to do with ACE or the Six Updater.

It turns out it was me messing up the command line parameters. The reason why the vanilla was working is because I had no way I could mess up the parameters with the simple double click of arma2.exe.

For everyone here using a beta version of ArmA 2 make sure, absolutely sure, you check the following, in case you are getting any weird error about pixel shaders:

(for this example I'll suppose your Arma 2 installation is as default)

1) Right click on your ArmA 2 Shortcut (supposedly, on your desktop);

2) Click on "Properties";

3) Check the following syntax in the "Target:" field:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\beta\arma2.exe" -nosplash -nofilepatching -mod=beta;@ACE;@ACEX;@CBA

Never put a final ";" in the command line and always run "beta" as the first mod in the list. I've heard some people suggest putting it as last one but ArmA 2 has be running fine for me with beta as the first one, right after the "="

4) Check that the "Start in:" field reports the main ArmA 2 folder, NOT the beta folder:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2"

That's it. Most of the time, pixel shader errors are caused by wrong command lines, mostly:

1) running the beta .exe without having "beta" as one of the mods in the -mod= parameter;

2) running the beta and having the "start in" use the beta folder, instead of the main ArmA 2 installation folder.

Let me know if this helps, it definitely worked for me, no more pixel shader errors.

This is my properties line:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\beta\arma2.exe" -winxp -nosplash -mod=beta;@Ace;@CBA;@acex

Not sure what the -nofilepatching does?

Runnin Win7 64 Bit as below....

ArmA2 jumped back into the XFire top 100 yesterday, for the first time since release month. I'm pretty sure that's thanks to the whole ACE2 dev team. :)

3 things i have just discovered

T-72 has no zoom as gunner. Its always locked at full zoom

Russian MDV men such as Squad Leader with underbarrel Grenade Launcher always start in Grenade fire mode

KORD static has 1x100 rounds ammo, Should be 3x50 rounds

Just installed with SixUpdater went well. My STeam version of Arma2 is working fine with Ace2 launch switches. Kudos on the beta to the ACE2 team it looks like a great addition.

The key bindings are all wrong. We need a keybinding for default ArmA II controls because I don't want to vault over nothing just to change the range of my gun.