Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta!

I think the first time I opened six updater I did something wrong. The only way currently I can run ACE2's latest patch is by launching the game through six updater. When I try to launch any other way it starts ACE as version 182. Is there somewhere that six updater is putting these updated folders?

HELLLPPppp

cannot play ACE 2 due to following error on start up..can u help..have updated a few times but still get same error

usedconfig\ace\ace_clientside_config.hpp not found

can some one put me out of my misery so i can playyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy:bounce3:

Is the Windmeter already included or will it be released another time?

i was not sure about tht one but i found out you have to add it your self

this addweaponcargo ["ACE_Kestrel4500",1]

add this to any ammo box

Very nice mod. But there 2 thing that really piss me off.

First one is "multiplier". I mean why it has to be 3 time less bullet and 3 time less firerate in GAU8... It`s really stupid when you fire burst of 20 bullets but the counter shows 60 bullets. And instead of 1350 bullets there are only 450 real bullets. And every time after updating i has to edit "ace_c_vehicle.pbo" for decreasing multiplier to 1 and reloadtime to 0.015.

Second thing is armor sights. There is mod for Armed Assault called ZTanks which add laser range finder with auto elevation of primary and secondary weapon. So you can hit the targets in long range even if it moving. It would be grateful if you add this thing to ACE2 mod, and i think it`s more important thing to add in ARMA2, more important than sandbags, chemlights etc.

Hellpppppppppppppp

i cannot get arma 2 to load due to error

userconfig\ace\ace_clientside_config.hpp not found can anyone help...i have updated in 6 etc but no joy

hhhheeelllllpppppppppppppppppppp cheers

had the same problem:

Userconfig error when starting the game¶

* ReRun the "Userconfig" action, from the web-client, Main page.

or

* Manually copy ArmA 2\@mod\userconfig\*** to ArmA 2\userconfig\mod\***

Otherwise retry updating one more time. If all fails, delete the @mod folder and retry.

Also, please make sure if you use the Official ArmA 2 Beta, that your shortcut has the correct "Start in" set to your ArmA 2 install folder.

NOT the beta folder

Hellpppppppppppppp

i cannot get arma 2 to load due to error

userconfig\ace\ace_clientside_config.hpp not found can anyone help...i have updated in 6 etc but no joy

hhhheeelllllpppppppppppppppppppp cheers

check your directorys. do zou have a userconfig/ace folder? (in your arma root directory)

Will you add to the mod ballistic vests as rucksaks? That you can choose different type of the class of protect and model.:yay:

Works perfectly.

Although Sickboy you're constant help on this topic cannot go unnoticed, truly brilliant. Thank you

Well then make something that's better!

Complaining is easy, fixing is hard.

Thanks for suggestions but I use yours instead (and I don't develop software for free since I was 20ish -that was 20 years ago).

Thanks to your addon sync and tactical gamer addon server I can now use ACE2 - so big thanks to you.

Mod itself is great and has a lot of potential.

I'll never touch that abdomination installer tho.

Can someone please help me? how to open the action menu of the crew served eapons? i can not reload it

By default it's your right windows key (strange choice since a lot of keyboards, mine included, don't have one). To remap this, go to ArmA 2 > userconfig > ACE > ace_keys, and follow the instructions in that document. I've currently got mine mapped to shift+delete. You can then use this key to access ACE features such as Crew Served Weapons and injured comrades.

He probably made a new thread because the official ace thread is over 25 pages long and the chances that someone will actually answer his question there is slim, whereas the chance of a new thread being seen and replied to is much greater. For example; I clicked on this thread because I saw a post that I thought I may be able to help with, but I do NOT read all the posts on the "official" ace thread because there's a lot of bickering and name calling there.

The real question is why do you care that someone made a new thread on a messageboard? Is that not what it's for?

BTW Kalle: Once the backpack is in your inventory, just click on whatever item you want to put in the backpack and then click the pack button. If you want to get something out of your pack, click the pack and you will see a little inventory area below the normal inventory area. You should be able to figure out what to do from there.

Actually - I, Sickboy, Pufu, Scubaman3D, and others do read the official ACE thread. You're lucky I saw this posting - don't count on that happening though.

The info on usage is correct - pack/unpack button will transfer between the ruck and gear slots. Also the right arrow on ruck list will unpack too. Still under development, more to come as I have time.

I still cant get the Six updater to work with Windows XP 64. The 1st DOS box appears and I press 1, it starts doing stuff (Updating ruby gems or whatever) then the 2nd DOS box opens for a second and closes again. I have tried setting my default browser back to IE but still nothing.

Any ideas?

The workaround is available here:

Note 47

Also, the so called Lazy method should get you started even faster.

Copy C:\Windows\system32\chcp.com into C:\program files (x86)\six-updater\tools\ruby\bin but rename it to chcp.exe (so .exe)

^this worked perfectly, thanks for your help ;)

I have decided that sixupdater isnt too bad once you get it setup, works pretty well. I have hidden the two folders (.ri & .gem) that where in my Vista C:users/username/ folder, it was bothering me seeing them there. Maybe you should make them hidden by default or put them in the appdata folder.

ps, I finally got to play online with ACE2 yesterday and I'm blown away. Great atmosphere, great sounds, weapons, vehicles, toys. Superb work, thanks ACE2 Team! :yay:

Ok, well maybe not perfectly.

Whenever I try and update my version of ACE it fails and I get the mismatch error when I join a server.

When updating the ACE&ACEX folders it says - "WARNING : Folder Already exists but seems incompatible. Not Installing."

Any fixes for this?

Ok, well maybe not perfectly.

Whenever I try and update my version of ACE it fails and I get the mismatch error when I join a server.

When updating the ACE&ACEX folders it says - "WARNING : Folder Already exists but seems incompatible. Not Installing."

Any fixes for this?

WARNING-Folder-Already-exists-but-seems-incompatible-Not-Installing

Thanks for suggestions but I use yours instead (and I don't develop software for free since I was 20ish -that was 20 years ago).

Thanks to your addon sync and tactical gamer addon server I can now use ACE2 - so big thanks to you.

Mod itself is great and has a lot of potential.

I'll never touch that abdomination installer tho.

I'm happy to see you got Ace.

However don't piss on Six-updater as considering all factors it's actually doing a great job for a lot of people.

We all need to respect the work that went into making it.

Keep it up Sickboy!

I'm really impressed with the mods so far, but I'm only greatly bothered by two things at the moment.

For one, if you're going to make weight exhaust people at least don't over-exaggerate it. After 200 meters of jogging my well trained and conditioned, US Ranger with 20 kg of gear sounds like he's about to die, and if you go any distance you start to pass out. I like the system, it's just a bit too exaggerated.

And the only other thing is if you're going to add wind, don't make it change directions every 5 seconds. I hate figuring which way to shoot then the wind changes from SE to NW instantly.

Anyway, keep up the good work and I hope it improves, can't wait to see what yall do with it.

1. Stamina.
    You can't win this argument. People will rant no matter what you try to impliment. So we are just baselining the upper limits using various documents including papers from the Uniformed Services University Department of Military & Emergency Medicine. You still have to fine-tune the system to match up how ArmA2 does things, but that is why ACE2 is in beta.
  2. Wind.
    ACE2 does not touch the weather, just makes it apparent. BI is making the wind shift around.
    One of my IRL hobbies is shooting benchrest rifle. When at the nearby rod and gun club the wind routinely shifts 45 degrees in seconds, gusts changing the speed by 10 knots also. Makes creating a small 5-shot group a challenge on some days, but I like challenges.
    I was asked to help test the new wind system when it was ready. 5 guys spread over 60m @480-500m away with very stormy weather going on. ACE's lead developer was my spotter and had the Kestral-4500 to get an average wind reading for me. I used a M-24 bolt-action rifle and fired up the arrow mode to monitor the wind as I adjusted my scope. Repeatedly did rapid-fire, 5 shots, 5 dropped men. Each shot, holding off on a different spot according to wind at that moment. Estimate I had a 95% one-hit rate aiming for center of mass, about 80% when I tried for head-shots.
    Not trying to sound condescending, but a good sniper needs to understand ballistics and practice a lot. There is a guide to markmanship for ACE - more will be added about doping the wind when I have time. In the meantime there are plenty of other resources out on the net for this topic. Read and then make a practice mission to hone your skills.

sickboy i get randomly CTD's with ACE2 only
Thanks. Please ticket it and provide the arma.rpt.

If you have a test mission / reproducable situation, it would be most useful tracing the issue.

People with Stamina Issues there is a module in the game which disables the Stamina!! so if you have problems with it use it.

Also has any other mission editors had problems with the ACE keys not working in some missions? e.g. in some of the missions we have the ACE keys don't work so we cant change the grenade modes/show CQB sights/etc etc

any help in trying to find out what causes this would be great! Even happens sometimes in the ACE Training map shipped with ACE.