Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta!

Sickboy.

pleace do something about the stamina system. its a joke as it is now, it far from real. and you guys can do better than this.

i did a test on how far i could run before my dude hit the ground.

my player had No weapons or iteams. i ran about 2000 M before i hit the ground.

when i was in the navy we had to run 3000 M 3 times a year, each time had to be under 15 minutes . or else we had to re run it.

i did not get this blinking blind vision when i reached the goal. nor did i have clipping on the sound i heard, i was tierd and had to rest offcource. some even puked when they reached the goal.

I have to disagree with you on the stamina system being so bad. You can easily run 3KM in ACE with no equipment in under 15 minutes. Just to test, I ran well over 4KM in under 17 minutes without collapsing or even any blinking. Just don't sprint and you'll be fine.

Edited by Maverick806

Yep same here ^^

Havent tested TOO much yet, but from what ive noticed i can keep on moving without any problems. Feels good to me when i carry my usual loadout. Still have to test some more weights out.

Nuxil: Please mate you do understand that this is a beta? There are some issues with this mod, and we are getting new versions almost everyday taking care of them. There was a problem with stamina hanging around when entering vehicles in ACE1 wich they fixed quickly after they got the info. So im sure they will take care of the spawn related problem when they get proper info about the situation (repro).

And for what i personally use ACE2 for (combat and not for running the marathon) it works really well. :)

Maverick806 my point is that a blinking screen makes no sence..

how far one can run before one gets tierd is verry individual. the military has some standars the soldiers has to follow tho.

a fuzzy/blure vision would make more sence imo

for a normal soldier/person, the body will have no energy to keep running at a point .

your body need to let the 'lactic acid' to get out of your muscles.,, not sure if thats the correct word but anyway.

at a serten point the muscles will have to much of lactic acid, making your muscles stiff, so you have to stop to rest. lay/sit down to get your breath back and let this lactic acid get out of your muscles, the body has a normal shutdown Mechanism,

you get a blackout if you get hit hard in the head or have loss of blod not by sprinting.

maybe 1 in 10 million will have the mental strength to run until they colaps. "no vision, loss of hearing". i know for sure i can not run until my eyes black out. and i have done alot of running in my earlyer days.

a stammina system is a must tho.

but i hope to see a improved one

I've been packing a SAW, 1200 rounds, hand grenades and smoke grenades, and a 9kg satchel charge, and been able to run quite far. Think it would sum up to about 55kg or gear including body armour and stuff, and I still could run about a kilometer without collapsing. Took a while to catch the breath though. Sounds good to me.

Overall I think the stamina system feels very well tuned.

Is there a way or a place where i can update/down load the pathes manualy...

I keep getting this error when i try to update.

[DEBUG] six-updater 12:11:56: rsync: fork: Resource temporarily unavailable (11)

[DEBUG] six-updater 12:11:56: rsync error: error in IPC code (code 14) at /home/lapo/packaging/rsync-3.0.6-1/src/rsync-3.0.6/pipe.c(127) [sender=3.0.6]

[DEBUG] six-updater 12:11:56: 59232 [main] Program 49448 child_info::sync: wait failed, pid 49460, Win32 error 18

[DEBUG] six-updater 12:11:56: 59870 [main] Program 49448 fork: child -1 - died waiting for longjmp before initialization, retry 10, exit code 0x1000000, errno 11

Is there some one that can help. ???

Edit****

It allso eats up my RAM all 8 GIG of it... that is not good.

Edited by Ringhejm

NOT THE STAMINA DISCUSSION AGAIN?!?!?!

Please newbies, stop talking about the stamina system! You don't like it, don't play the mod! This discussion has been around since ACE1 and I think there's no point talking about it again!

The stamina system in ACE2 is already FAR MORE realistic than it was in ACE1.

Remember, running and SPRINTING is DIFFERENT!!! In real life, some people can't sprint for 200m before collapsing with no gears on! Don't believe me? just go sprinting with all your might later on in RL and let me know how you fair!

:bitch:

What an ironic approach to call people newbies and tell them to stop talking about the stamina system, then continue to talk about the stamina system...

I do actually really like the system, but the blackouts to me are plain annoying and should be kept at the top end of the spectrum when you almost cannot run any further because you're so tired. Up until then, blurs or a faster and louder heartbeat would be much better IMO. But when your screen starts flashing and keeps on doing so even after like one minute when recovering it really gets to me.

It's been said a million times:

Complaints about the mod posted here have a ~0% chance of being noticed and done something about.

If you have a bug/suggestion, put it on the issue tracker.

Good job it's not so much of a complaint for me then. ;)

Yes, I have the issue tracker page favourited and try to report and add info on any bugs I have found and already exist on the tracker. What I don't want to do is spam that page with 100s of requests for features and suggestions whilst the mod is still in beta stages and not all features have yet been implemented.

With the ACE medic system, do I have to sync the module to the players?

No you don't, you just need to place it in the editor

[...]

Please break down your posts into issues and post them down here http://dev-heaven.net/projects/ace-mod2/issues

Please newbies, stop talking about the stamina system!...

noobs....sigh....

Jasonnoguchi: Join Date: Oct 2009

I suggest you take this attitude out of this thread, ASAP! If you got nothing to write down, then simply don't.

If any of the ACE team would have had a similar attitude with yours, wonder if that would have helped the heap of ppl with dif questions around here...

I do actually really like the system, but the blackouts to me are plain annoying and should be kept at the top end of the spectrum when you almost cannot run any further because you're so tired. Up until then, blurs or a faster and louder heartbeat would be much better IMO. But when your screen starts flashing and keeps on doing so even after like one minute when recovering it really gets to me.

Aye, I noticed it yesterday when some moron managed to wreck the MHQ a fair bit from an objective. The blinking is highly annoying and breaks sound. But I suppose it does what its meant to, heh.

The stamina system is good but it does not work on its own. As good as Xenos Domination is, the loudouts will remain unrealistic despite any "realistic" stamina system. For example, a kit with DMR+SMAW (10 mags, 1 round) is only marginally heavier than a kit with MP5A4+LAW (10 mags for arguments sake) at around 25 vs 16 kg I believe. Is it proper weights? I really dont know and I really dont care either, because I dont think anyone packing a DMR (ie taking the role of a designated marksman) would be packing a SMAW.

Is there ANY advantage to picking the "heavy" MP5A4 over a "lightweight" DMR in terms of stamina? If so I dont really see it.

Is there a way or a place where i can update/down load the pathes manualy...

I keep getting this error when i try to update.

Hey, do you use BitDefender or Symantec Endpoint protection ?

Please check; http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/6803 and track it further there. Thanks!

Aye, I noticed it yesterday when some moron managed to wreck the MHQ a fair bit from an objective. The blinking is highly annoying and breaks sound. But I suppose it does what its meant to, heh.

The stamina system is good but it does not work on its own. As good as Xenos Domination is, the loudouts will remain unrealistic despite any "realistic" stamina system. For example, a kit with DMR+SMAW (10 mags, 1 round) is only marginally heavier than a kit with MP5A4+LAW (10 mags for arguments sake) at around 25 vs 16 kg I believe. Is it proper weights? I really dont know and I really dont care either, because I dont think anyone packing a DMR (ie taking the role of a designated marksman) would be packing a SMAW.

Is there ANY advantage to picking the "heavy" MP5A4 over a "lightweight" DMR in terms of stamina? If so I dont really see it.

WOW! Agreed on this!

Finnaly, someone who feels the same about that. I can see so many people doing that exactly same thing over and over again... But that has nothing to do with ACE, it's BIS fault (again) because they allowed 2 primary weapon slots for DMR... :mad:

The real reason the DMR is "light" and the MP5 is "heavy" is that not all the weights for items are calculated/implemented yet.

So just hold your horses and realize that when 20rnds 7.62x51 M118 weighs 250g, it's time to make a bug report.

WOW! Agreed on this!

Finnaly, someone who feels the same about that. I can see so many people doing that exactly same thing over and over again... But that has nothing to do with ACE, it's BIS fault (again) because they allowed 2 primary weapon slots for DMR... :mad:

Well to be fair its not exactly BIS fault either. Just saying it annoys me to no end. The simplest solution isnt mod related but rather mission related: limit the amount of "special" weapons (such as the DMR, SMAW, TAC, M107, ACOG scoped weapons, etc etc) and only allow an unlimited amount of the basic equipment.

He probably made a new thread because the official ace thread is over 25 pages long and the chances that someone will actually answer his question there is slim, whereas the chance of a new thread being seen and replied to is much greater. For example; I clicked on this thread because I saw a post that I thought I may be able to help with, but I do NOT read all the posts on the "official" ace thread because there's a lot of bickering and name calling there.

The real question is why do you care that someone made a new thread on a messageboard? Is that not what it's for?

BTW Kalle: Once the backpack is in your inventory, just click on whatever item you want to put in the backpack and then click the pack button. If you want to get something out of your pack, click the pack and you will see a little inventory area below the normal inventory area. You should be able to figure out what to do from there.

Hi, ACE Team! I've got a little suggestion about the hotkeys. The thing is that some of them are just single buttons but others work only in shift-combination. Is it possible to replace the shift-combined functions with a single key? Cause in my controls the shift key is "go prone" and I have a problems in using sight adjustment and weapon resting. You know, I really don't want to change my control keys - I got used to them too much since I've been using them for years:)

Well,I had the 6 updater and ace working up and until the latest update of ace. Now every time i select option 2 of the 6 updater. the other window pops up and it says "No valid installation folder found, Please abort!"

Well,I had the 6 updater and ace working up and until the latest update of ace. Now every time i select option 2 of the 6 updater. the other window pops up and it says "No valid installation folder found, Please abort!"
Thanks for report. Please attach your six-updater.yml file to a ticket and we can resolve it quickly I think.

First possible fix is to add the path to the game in the yml file, like:

:app_path: C:/my games/arma 2

(/ required instead of \)

(You can also do this in the web-client)

Why it first worked and not now is hard to tell, could you attach your six-updater.log also to a ticket? Thanks!

Edited by Sickboy

yeah,its really early here....but i still dont know how to actually open a ticket :( im sorry if im nagging ya.