Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta!

It is used for friendly marking, so you can see them with NVGs - basically the same as an IR strobe. They can be attached through the action menu when equipped and show up as a small glowing dot through NVGs. Can also be dropped to mark positions and LZs, etc.

So, is it just bugged then? Because it doesn't do anything that the IR strobe does. The IR strobe can be seen from "miles away" (excellent for CAS targeting, just like in Blackhawk Down :)), but the IR glowstick has no "glow" to it (with NVG), or illumination properties. This means it's just a self IR illuminating stick that fades away once you get a few meters away from it.

A problem I found with the IR strobe: JIP clients will see an inactive strobe, instead of an active one if it was already activated on the server. I didn't get to try, but I assume if he turns it on, he will turn it off for everyone else already there? Problem: If A10 pilots Arma2 crashes, he will rejoin and no longer have a valid target, while everyone else claims it is blinking like hell :)

Well, I haven't tested the IR glowsticks yet, but we used the normal ones before for ground ops so we could see nearby friendlies more easily, and for LZs. As long as they are as visible as the normal ones were through NVGs, and are invisible without them, they are doing what they are meant to in-game.

Maybe they could be tweaked, but I don't know in which ways as I've never seen one outside of a fireworks display, fair etc.

To me the actual glow goes away pretty quick (range), but there is a "blob" around the stick wich can be seen from far away. At least the one i tested (blue).

And you can still put it on the shoulder while walking through a town at night. Your close by mates will see you better for sure - yeah IR-Strobes míght not be available. And they work as flashlights at very short distances for that time you dont have it on your wep or NVG and you just CANT f**king see that ammobox in the total darkness. Been there done that so to speak. :)

Ok im off to test the rest of them.

Ok again 2 questions...

1. How can i add rucks to my player?

2.Why cant i add M2 Magazines for the Soldiers in the init line [ i used the ACE2 BIKI for classes, all works, not the M2 Ammo].

And they work as flashlights at very short distances for that time you dont have it on your wep or NVG and you just CANT f**king see that ammobox in the total darkness. Been there done that so to speak. :)

Hehe yeah same here. Glowsticks are a great help when having to operate after sundown. Just crack 'em and use them for whatever lighting purpose. Also they are good for marking a room 'clear' when going on a house-to-house search.

I think this is one of the few moments it has been quiet in this thread :)

Not bad for a change! :D

I hope that means people are enjoying the mod / latest updates, and that most problems have been addressed.

If you still have issues, let us know!

what does "Saturdays declared "Patchless Day" (Unless severe showstoppers, of course)" mean ? so patches only come on saturdays ? sorry couldnt understand that.

what does "Saturdays declared "Patchless Day" (Unless severe showstoppers, of course)" mean ? so patches only come on saturdays ? sorry couldnt understand that.

means that on saturday, there will be no patches, so there is no need for server admins to update etc etc :P

A patchless day is a day without patches. If saturday is a patchless day, there will be no patch on saturday.........

Edit: oops, got beaten to it...

No it means we have at least excluded Saturdays from our update schedule. :)

So no updates on Saturday unless severe issues occured.

We are in the process of looking at other days to exclude too, Sunday is the next candidate :D

Update time has at already been locked for now on 18:00 GMT

Other version mismatch issues are being discussed and addressed aswell.

Edited by Sickboy

Hi Sickboy,

initially i had problems wrapping my head around the ace/ updater issue but now that i know whats going on, its quite easy to use and makes updating much easier. so, thank you and all the ace team for your hard (and free) work!

Patchless means , they are planing not to bring out new Patches on Saturdays, so that we and they have a Day rest. i think thats a good Idea

sorry for this, but ive used the search function to look for the answer and i cant find it.

is there a way to install the ace mod, using the six updater, having installed the "lazy" .yml file, and having the .7z files in the six updater directory?

i have two friends that cannot get the web interface to open no matter what they do. they have uninstalled virus programs, firewalls and everything, and it just wont open. is there a way around this, so that they can still use the six updater to actually update the program?

Hey Franklin,

If you guys used the yml and having the .7z files just start the updater and select option 2 instead of 1

Hi guys, quick question. I've fully updated the version to 0.1.186, which is the latest version, however when I start the game it is in version 0.1.185. I've run the updater several times and it's telling me that the version is correct, but it always comes up with the older version. This is causing a problem when I try to play online. Any ideas what's up?

Sorry if this has come up before, I couldn't find anything on a search and time is a factor. :D

Hi guys, quick question. I've fully updated the version to 0.1.186, which is the latest version, however when I start the game it is in version 0.1.185. I've run the updater several times and it's telling me that the version is correct, but it always comes up with the older version. This is causing a problem when I try to play online. Any ideas what's up?

Sorry if this has come up before, I couldn't find anything on a search and time is a factor. :D

I'm also having this issue

Thanks for your report!

Please check http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/6806,

and clear your virtualstore from any arma related files.

And get the manifest file, or reinstall the software by redownloading and installing it.

Goodluck.

Edited by Sickboy

Oddly enough I'm running XP, so I can't apply this fix. Am going to try a redownload though.
Otherwise please attach your six-updater.log to a new issue ticket.

Removing the mod folders could be the last resort and workaround, but its hard to say without log :)

Hey Sickboy,

In the update (this is only a very minor thing)

Have the ear plugs and glasses been included in any ammo crate?

:yay:

Hello again, does anyone know's if we can make AI use flashlights?

Thanks

Out of curiousity, has anyone else noticed that the high pitch whine effects (such as blast shock) is just too high pitch?

Maybe my sound card/headphone combo is just that good but I have to literally take off my headphones whenever I get the effect because it hurt my ears to the point of me feeling sick. A little too much realism for my taste.

I even noticed the same tendancy for high pitch noise in the scout helo rotor noise. Its just barely tolerable in 1st person view due to the more muffled sound.