Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta!

I'm having a problem with the ACE mod. I used the modfolder method, but when I start up the game it gives me an error message something like this

include file x/cba/addons/main/script_macros_common.hpp is missing

Could someone tell me what I did wrong, or at least what went wrong?

Thanks.

Did you place @cba first in the -mods= list in the shortcut?

Wow this looks great, but 40 mins of utter bafflement and i still have not managed to get the thing running.

201 pages in this thread with everybody telling people to do something different.

I think i will wait for a proper release as this seams like a whole world of pain at the moment, it seams a very arsey way of adding a mod for some reason.

I have firefox not wanting to open up web pages, user config errors, i have just read something about a @mod folder and i dont seam to have one of them at the moment.

Bit of a nightmare IMO!

About the Final version as a setup. I think we can go for that. Still, development probably continues after such version.

When is the final planned?

But its not an "arsey" way. Since ACE2 is in a beta stage they want to update it as much as possible and as often as they can. Without an upater you have to download all hundreds of megs everytime there is an update (almost everyday).

Its easy to get it to work. You just need to read that quickstart guide and follow the steps. Set it up once, and then when you look for updates after that its 1 button=download+install.

I'm not exactly sure how this menu works. I stared straight at a wounded man and press the right and left windows key several times to no avail (nothing popped up). When I used the scroll menu, all I saw was "Heal X" which did nothing. Help?

So, anyone know anything? Help?

when using the six updater it says

= @ACE

WARNING: Folder already exists but seems to be incompatible?

When I join my server it says ACE version is different please update ACE?

Why wont the Six-updater update the @ACE folder?

I had problems with the windows key too Lucan. I reassigned the default windows-key bindings to a "regular" key (for me, Shift-X to be precise) and got the interaction window to open for CSW's.

Haven't tried interactions with AI yet.

(PS If you don't know navigate to C:.../Arma 2/userconfig/Ace/ace_keys.hpp to change key binds)

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 PM ----------

;1511909']when using the six updater it says

= @ACE

WARNING: Folder already exists but seems to be incompatible?

When I join my server it says ACE version is different please update ACE?

Why wont the Six-updater update the @ACE folder?

I had a similar problem. Had to download Ace.rsync.7z from Armaholic, extract the ".rsync" folder from that, and copy and paste it into @ACE and @ACEX.

question for sickboy/pufu, would it be possible to include the scud missle launcher to ace ?

:D Pleaseeeeee :D

If it's nuclear/biological/chemical, that would likely be my domain.

All I can say right now is maybe - lots of work going on right now.

Thanks so much for the reactions of the previous page. Really glad you guys are enjoying and seeing the potential of the software!

As a present:

I was able to put an hour or so in the updater-server site, I applied the template of one of my other projects, the template is by Chill :)

I've added list of mods, versions, sizes, and when they were updated (WHICH IS NOT ACCURATE ATM), and there's prototype RSS feature, probably not even useful yet.

At some point I intend to use the information also in the web-client.

Still very WIP, don't bother naughty comments ;)

http://updater.dev-heaven.net/main

(Same framework as the web-client ;))

Edited by Sickboy

Any way that the problem with everyone deeming each others faces after using goggles will be fixed?

I'm having a problem with the ACE mod. I used the modfolder method, but when I start up the game it gives me an error message something like this

include file x/cba/addons/main/script_macros_common.hpp is missing

Could someone tell me what I did wrong, or at least what went wrong?

Thanks.

BINGO!!!!

Sickboy, this is exactly what I get too!

Has this shown up on your radar before, has it been fixed already, or it's the result of me doing something wrong?

BINGO!!!!

Sickboy, this is exactly what I get too!

Has this shown up on your radar before, has it been fixed already, or it's the result of me doing something wrong?

This has been fixed already but there is sooo many pages it could be on ill be a man and try and find it for you . . :butbut:

i found this

I was getting this on my client the first night. I finally deleted the @CBA folder and re-d/l'ed it from ArmAholic.com (making sure the .rsync file was included). Then I re-ran Sixpack and it finally sync'ed.

also make sure you have @CBA running in your shortcut too when loading the game.

Edited by MattXR

For handyness:

I was able to put an hour or so in the updater-server site, I applied the template of one of my other projects, the template is by Chill :)

I've added list of mods, versions, sizes, and when they were updated (WHICH IS NOT ACCURATE ATM), and there's prototype RSS feature, probably not even useful yet.

At some point I intend to use the information also in the web-client.

Still very WIP, don't bother naughty comments ;)

http://updater.dev-heaven.net/main

(Same framework as the web-client ;))

@sluggCDN:

Just delete @CBA, and run six-updater action 2, that is the fastest.

@starduks!:

The changelogs are contained inside the modfolders, and announced in our news tracker: http://dev-heaven.net/projects/ace-mod2/news

Thanks BigMorgan, it works fine now.

Just for some feedback:

-I'm assuming the loadout isn't complete, because none of the Russian soldiers have any bandages, rucks, etc. I haven't tried any Americans yet.

-The wounding system is kinda messed up. I had to shoot somebody 3 times with an SVD to get them to go down. The shots were mainly leg/lower torso (think stomach.)

I am confused a little... I downloaded ACE2_CfgVehicles and dont know if I am understanding what it is for.. I mean is it just to show us vehicles names and what type of vehicles are in ACE.. or do we need to place it somewhere?

Yeah I know it is kinda a rookie question, but would like some clarification. Cheers

@Sickboy

Is there any chance we can get some ACE_HK416's?

and

What is up with the High Command in ACE.. it looks a little different than vanilla ArmA2? Also is there any way I can order subordinate units to load in vehicles?

Never got an answer for this, so I reposted. Appreciate any help I can get. Thanks

Question for Sickboy/Pufu, Would it be possible to include the SCUD Missle launcher to ACE ?

Why don't you just use a @ folder for the scud? then you have ace and the scud just like i do ;)

Never got an answer for this, so I reposted. Appreciate any help I can get. Thanks

1. that ACE2_CfgVehicles is a list of class names for ACEX. You can find it here anyways: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Class_Lists_for_ACEX

To answer your question, NO, you don't need it placed anywhere for ACE to work.

2. regarding HKs, i have already answered this once:

the HK family in ACE was done in the house by Panda, and not by RH

RH HK416 are a CS:S port (and i got no prb with that). That said, the same Panda is reworking the HK family for ACE2. ETA: when it is done.

3. you can't give very specific orders to your subordinate squads. That has nothing to do with ACE, but with A2.

I used the lazy method for installing ACE and ACEX, using the beta file but I'm getting "Error compiling pixel shader PSSSSMSpecularAlpha:1" Can anyone tell me whats up?