Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta!

Trying to take todays uptade ,beta,cba o..k. Then it came to ACE,started and saw the pbos and MP missions and suddenly it closed itself.Run again,it sees ACE 1.85 ( i am not sure it complated the uptade in first attemp)it shutdown.deleted pid,disabled antivurus (antivir) and also Mikisoft security essentials is running.No luck.Each time starts to uptade came to ACe and shutdown itself.Tried web ,and no luck,couldnt see ACEX...

Ä°ts working fine until today now came to Ace says verifying gz s,shutdown itself.

ticket opened.

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/6773

And i am not sure it uptaded ACe correctly to 1.84 to 1.85,how can i fix this.Ä° am running win 7 32 bit.

question for sickboy/pufu, would it be possible to include the scud missle launcher to ace ?

:D Pleaseeeeee :D

;1511742']How does six-updater find a valid installation folder? Im trying to get 6 updater to run on my server and I have 2 installations of arma2

Can I edit this config?

Custom ArmA Installation folder

the updater is stuck on

@ACEX many files mismatched (190) running full update on .pack folder

Thanks for report. It might just be busy' date=' older versions of the software were not very informative :)

Please check the FAQ Tips and make sure nothing is blocked, and that arma 2 is closed.

If a reboot doesnt help, and you are sure you have all the latest versions of the software, please setup a ticket or add to a similair existing one, and include six-updater.log, thanks.

Edited by Sickboy

Sickboy,

You and your buddies have done an amazing job. But this new updating system have complicated things too much. I myself got scared off by the idea of installing all this 3rd party software to just run ArmA2. For one it doesn't work. We don't get to enjoy your mod, but stuck with figuring out the rSync system. Secondly, I wouldn't want to open up my system for direct access to some unknown server and whatever else is there. Why would installing a game mod require disabling a system firewall?

I don't mind re-downloading a 64mb .pbo file if a new update is required. I hope there is no other agenda here? ;) Again why would I need to turn off my system firewall for your updating software and give your server access to my system any time I start ArmA2 w/ your mod?

We are spending more time figuring out the rSync than solving the ACE beta bugs. Please release the mod files the old tried-n-true way and we'll finally enjoy actually playing your mod.

Why is this nowhere in SickBoys instructions (that I can see)? Took me hours to figure this out - and I only figured it out completely by chance.

SickBoy re-write your instructions please!

I know, i was wondering the same thing (took me hours to figure it out too). I checked and double-checked the instructions but instead of explaining what i wrote, it said something about moving the .rsync folders to the Six Updater folder (or something like that, sorry if im wrong)

Ace team, fixing the instructions would be awesome for newcomers:yay:

Use Yoma addon Sync its 100x easier, and faster.

We are spending more time figuring out the rSync than solving the ACE beta bugs. Please release the mod files the old tried-n-true way and we'll finally enjoy actually playing your mod.
Due to all the reports I have been fixing more issues in 3 days than I have been in the past 3 months. (The ACE devs are also hard at work, in the very alive (or becoming alive) ecosystem)

We are actually at a point where we have basically narrowed down about every issue found with the suite:

http://dev-heaven.net/news/show/244 and http://dev-heaven.net/news/show/241

Once that has settled, I hope to move on to user experience improvements.

On the account of firewalls, they don't need to be off, there's just the known incompatibility with Bit Defender (though AV), and that your security setup must allow the outgoing connections of the updater to be able to do its work.

A.C.E. Beta is officially only distributed over the updater system, for good reason: http://dev-heaven.net/news/show/237 and http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=91500 and http://dev-heaven.net/projects/ace-mod2/news

When you skim the past 10 pages you'll see a lot of people with very quick and fine working updates, even fully up2date within 7 minutes after update announcement. If that doesn't break any records yet, i'm sure we'll break one sooner or later :)

But there are various 3rd parties that are distributing it in all the forms everyone's used to. Feel free to hook up with them.

Edited by Sickboy

@sickboy

it seems When i run ace i told you before about CTD"s i checked my Taskmanager with dual screen and when playing Arma2 + ACE its 85 Fysic used Ram and around 90% cpu process use

Using the core mod ( build 142 (beta 0.1.182)) causes noticable framerate loss for me.

I tested it on Chernarus with only two groups against each other, same settings, and when we approached a village, I has 10 fps less with ACE mod. :(

When I get home I will write a detailed install guide that should get you a definate install and update that works.

But please be patient lol, going to the dentist first, so i'll write it up after that.

- Me and Sickboy had to try a few different things to get my updater working, but with trial and error, it finally works.

Again, I will write a detailed tutorial when I get back....

Not one that's full of BS, but one you can actually understand if you are 5yrs old :yay:

Thanks Solar! Great example :)

@strongbird & @ziip;

Thanks for reports, but issues can really best be tracked on the issue tracker where devs are anxcious to squash them nasty bugs :)

(Jokingly)

On the account of FPS issues, altough it might be a little imposing, if you could start with disabling batches of say 5-10 ACE addons at a time until the issue stops, even having it narrowed down to 5-10, could severely quicken the fix.

(Oh and btw, we're at ace build 185 :))

Edited by Sickboy

Are there any known conflicts with ace2 that would make my ace key binds not work, ive checked and everythings right in my userconfig etc, and for all i can tell the mod works fine, but i cant get windage, or the kestrel, sight adjustment etc etc, ive searched this thread and raised it as an issue.

Are there any known conflicts with ace2 that would make my ace key binds not work, ive checked and everythings right in my userconfig etc, and for all i can tell the mod works fine, but i cant get windage, or the kestrel, sight adjustment etc etc, ive searched this thread and raised it as an issue.

Have you copied the files from @ACE\userconfig to your ArmA2 mainfolder\userconfig\ACE?

edit: nvm, updater is doing that for you already.

Edited by [CeDe]Aushilfe

Due to all the reports I have been fixing more issues in 3 days than I have been in the past 3 months. (The ACE devs are also hard at work, in the very alive (or becoming alive) ecosystem)

We are actually at a point where we have basically narrowed down about every issue found with the suite:

http://dev-heaven.net/news/show/244 and http://dev-heaven.net/news/show/241

Once that has settled, I hope to move on to user experience improvements.

On the account of firewalls, they don't need to be off, there's just the known incompatibility with Bit Defender (though AV), and that your security setup must allow the outgoing connections of the updater to be able to do its work.

A.C.E. Beta is officially only distributed over the updater system, for good reason: http://dev-heaven.net/news/show/237 and http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=91500 and http://dev-heaven.net/projects/ace-mod2/news

When you skim the past 10 pages you'll see a lot of people with very quick and fine working updates, even fully up2date within 7 minutes after update announcement. If that doesn't break any records yet, i'm sure we'll break one sooner or later :)

But there are various 3rd parties that are distributing it in all the forms everyone's used to. Feel free to hook up with them.

I see the logic in distributing and correcting a beta version via something like rSync, especially such grand mod like your. But please consider releasing the final version of ACE the old way with the traditional OFP/ARMA folder structure. I myself run a server for our games with my buddies. Integrating what we already have on the server with your mod set up sounds like a nightmare. I cannot even begin to comprehend at this point what I should do to just try out your mod in SP. I tried installign it - it doesn't work. Cannot even say whether it's due to what I'm doing or it's simply a bug in your files.

yep done that, sorry i should have specified, one thing i have noticed though, i dont have the test missions people keep referencing? maybe my install hasnt worked properly, everything else does seem to work though

When is a full release of this planned? As in not beta version with patches upon patches to fix bugs.

Maybe this has already been signalled (sorry for double posting if this is the case): when you deplete your rifle's ammo clip (I did not test all rifles tho, occurred to me using the M4A1), using "SHIFT + F" the next ammo is instantly reloaded (the ammo clip is not refilled).

So not a real big deal but as ACE tends toward realism...

I am using the ACE beta 0.1.184 version.

I see the logic in distributing and correcting a beta version via something like rSync, especially such grand mod like your. But please consider releasing the final version of ACE the old way with the traditional OFP/ARMA folder structure. I myself run a server for our games with my buddies. Integrating what we already have on the server with your mod set up sounds like a nightmare. I cannot even begin to comprehend at this point what I should do to just try out your mod in SP. I tried installign it - it doesn't work. Cannot even say whether it's due to what I'm doing or it's simply a bug in your files.

If you follow the so called Lazy Method, all you have to do is install the software, download a config file, run the software as administrator, and pick action 2.

Should get you installed and ingame in a couple of minutes depending on your connection speed.

If you still have issues after trying the latest version, if you setup a ticket and attach six-updater.log im quite sure we can figure it out quite quickly.

Also theres a known issue on 7/Vista, maybe that is a possibility.

About the Final version as a setup. I think we can go for that. Still, development probably continues after such version.

Edited by Sickboy

I now have one of my servers installed and up to date with ACE and ACEX.. yay

Is there a way that players only with ACE can play? But the catch is they should also be able to have other mods running such as LandTex or GDT but they arent compulsory.

After a few hours trying stuff and finally following the instructions, the sych system is installed in 3 clients and one Server and I am falling in love with it!!

Apart from the whole system updating so fast, it seems headache free! I am assuming it frees the hands of these hardworking ACE 2 developers to create and correct without fussing around with instructions and compression of files and posting all shorts of announcements and explanations. Likewise less work for the guy who maintains the server. The more I talk about it the more I love it!

Brillian and bold, if I may say, fighting our "old fashioned little ways".

Thank you for this amazing mod and way of dilevery!!

Edited by KadinX

My experiences with the Six-Updater are actually very good lately, minutes after the announcement of the Update, my two brothers and me were already up-to date at version 185.

Only once on my PC today, there was a Problem where the Updater stopped at the last file for ACEX, i was waiting like 15 minutes without anything happening (the file was already at 100%). I closed the window, deleted the pid file and ran it again - worked perfectly.

It downloaded the one missing file, then extracted all files and it was done in no-time...

Even my two brothers (no computer-geeks!) do use the Six-Updater successfully once setup with a preset.... Run it, select "2", press "Enter" and rest is done alone (mostly at least :p)....

Even my Cat could do it xD

I still say its a awesome piece of technology.... with lots of potential for other mods too....

I agree, at first, Six Updater may seem very confusing, but when you finaly set it up right, you update with ease. And being this mod a beta version with a lot of updates in short times, i can't imagine of a better way to spread the updates.