Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta!

All the severs that the Six updater is trying to update from are all doing nothing, some say maximum connections reached, others just do not do anything....

Work around?

Possibly add more servers?

OR...

Do what BIS do the intelligent way, ie.

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

Patch updates?

:-)

This mod makes some amazing changes to the AI, for so long have I had to get used to walking around in plain daylight under the command of an AI squadleader , while there's an enemy squad no more than 200 meters away from us casually walking around, in those situations I find myself thinking "Uh... hello? there's a Russian squad standing right in front of us... wake up"

But now with ace 2 the AI is engaging an enemy squad just as quickly as I can engage them myself, just how it should be.

NOT ONLY that but it finally seems to matter what weapon the AI is using in this game, a squad of soldiers with ACOGs, EOTECHs, and Aimpoint sighted weapons like an M4 or M16A4 will pretty much always do better than an enemy squad with iron sight AK-47s. With the vanilla arma 2 I constantly found myself being shot in the head from about a mile away from an AK-107 after I gave my position away as a sniper. Not anymore it seems, thank God for ACE mod. :)

Sickboy tell me, how much have you been sleeping in the past 2 days? :)

@RSS idea; Great, ticketed; http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/6694

All the severs that the Six updater is trying to update from are all doing nothing, some say maximum connections reached, others just do not do anything....

Work around?

Please create a ticket and attach your logfile. If no errors occur, all should actually be fine.
Sickboy tell me, how much have you been sleeping in the past 2 days? :)
Haha, it's about 6 days non-stop now mate, 4-8 hours a night :) Edited by Sickboy

Don't remember him of sleep, he might fall to the floor, stoned ... ;-)

Thanx for the mod, guys!

Installation was a "great experience" .... ;-)

First bugs though:

- (My) player name didn't show up on map whereas others were shown.

- The dialog showing that your version is newer than that used on the dedi-server is quite annoying. Especially the "ding", "ding", "ding" - tone ...

sorry if this feature is allready requested but...

is there some sort of RSS or something to tell us when to update? if not there definitely should be! :P like I found out about the 182->183 update from someone joining a server yesterday..

What is a DIRECT DOWNLOAD LINK to the ACE2 downloader, NOT SIX updater....

Six updater is not working....

Spent 4 hrs tryna get this BS to work....

Cheers

hey ppl, even when I put the

#define ACE_NOVICE

line into a comment [the "//" thing], it wont work, then I deleted the line competely, and there is still no voice...I know this has been talked about many thimes, so sorry, ut I am helpless

Awesome work guys:pc: I appreciate your work, is like "fresh air" for ArmA2. Thanks.

a question: AI radio chat is disabled in ACE2? I don't hear them.

Great mod guys, I've been playing it all day long!

I'm getting ready to start cranking out maps and updating my current ones to ACE but I can't find a list of the Ace weapons/ammo names for a custom ammobox script, will that be posted soon?

Awesome work guys:pc: I appreciate your work, is like "fresh air" for ArmA2. Thanks.

a question: AI radio chat is disabled in ACE2? I don't hear them.

We are all thankfull for that. :D

@ All automation requests:

running from the six-updater folder:

tools\ruby\bin\ruby.exe -rubygems six-updater.rb

Will launch just the updater tool.

For those making a shortcut to the updater or setting up task scheduler, you need to set the Start In folder to Six-Updater, ie.:

Shortcut:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Six-Updater\tools\ruby\bin\ruby.exe" -rubygems six-updater.rb
Start In:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Six-Updater"
And of course, run as admin if applicable :)

Also, will be new beta patch be available through the updater, or is this not possible because of the inclusion of BattlEye?

Sorry for not reading the complete thread, is there somewhere visible what changes the patches contain?

in my mod folder created by the six installer, only @ACEX has a rsync folder. @ACE and @CBA dont. is something messed up? when i run the updater it says folder is found but is not a repository, then goes on to update ACEX fine. all the content installed smoothly it seemed originally

Hello, just a fun question:

I see that in some ammo crates there is a STONE :D

do you add this because sometimes the only way to kill an AI is to trow something to them??? :yay: :D

Sorry for not reading the complete thread, is there somewhere visible what changes the patches contain?
Try @modfolder\Changelog.txt :D And http://dev-heaven.net/projects/roadmap/ace-mod2
in my mod folder created by the six installer, only @ACEX has a rsync folder. @ACE and @CBA dont. is something messed up? when i run the updater it says folder is found but is not a repository, then goes on to update ACEX fine. all the content installed smoothly it seemed originally
Delete the @ACE and @CBA folder, and check http://dev-heaven.net/news/show/240.
Also, will be new beta patch be available through the updater, or is this not possible because of the inclusion of BattlEye?

I updated the "Official ArmA 2 Beta Patch" to 61012 right this moment. Happy updating!

BattleEye will not be installled this way though, looking into options.

Cheers!

Did overlook it a bit because of the laughing part :rolleyes:

Yeah, sorry about that, that wasn't exactly helpful. :o ;)

Once things slow down a little, i'd be happy to discuss things properly :)

Looking forward to it! Just pm me once the release rush dies down a little.

KKB

Is there a way to have radio chat turned on? sorry if already asked but 144 pages is to much for me to read at 8:47am :rolleyes:

145 pages! see to early zzz

After using the Yoma/Kelly's Heroes solution at first - which unfortunately wasn't up-to-date, I finally got rsync working properly last night by installing the latest version and running it as admin. (UAC strikes again.) I guess it helps to actually read what it says in the dialogue. :D

I've got to say I love the idea of the rsync tool, and it works great once you've figured out how to use it, but I can understand why people are having trouble with it. A more compact and intuitive GUI application probably would have been better. :)

Is there a way to have radio chat turned on? sorry if already asked but 144 pages is to much for me to read at 8:47am :rolleyes:

145 pages! see to early zzz

-Open Userconfig/Ace_clientside_config

-Find

#define ACE_NOVOICE

at the top

-Change to

//#define ACE_NOVOICE