Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta!

I can't join any online servers, it says something about content, and ACEX files n etc...I took off @ACEX, and it still does it, thanks for the help!

Servers are likely not running the same version.

Is there a way to disable the version mismatch BEEP every 5secs?? Im up to date, the server isnt.

I want to know the answer too.

Does someone know why the ACE doesn't work with the disablecommandmode script ?

It works the first seconds, and when the script is run ACE doesn't work anymore.

Cant get Huntir to work. I have the monitor, fire the round in the air and it never syncs with monitor. Also It looks like there is a possibility of losing key bindings if you respawn. Shift-V doesnt always work.

Can somebody help me with this... i have followed the guide step by step... when i click execute... i get this message

Returned Message:

The program seems to be already running. Please wait/close the other application first.

If you believe this is in error, please delete I:/Six-Updater/six-updater.pid

what the hell am i meant to do here? am i meant to close the updater or what? does not say anything about this in the guide :(

This error happened to me. I deleted the file and now it works.

Hey ACE Team, one question: if I have a more recent version than the server I'm trying to play on, will it say something like "these files are not using a key accepted by the server"?

Can somebody help me with this... i have followed the guide step by step... when i click execute... i get this message

Returned Message:

The program seems to be already running. Please wait/close the other application first.

If you believe this is in error, please delete I:/Six-Updater/six-updater.pid

what the hell am i meant to do here? am i meant to close the updater or what? does not say anything about this in the guide :(

Just do as it says and delete that file, then restart the program. It should update fine. Happens when you abort downloading halfway.

Just do as it says and delete that file, then restart the program. It should update fine. Happens when you abort downloading halfway.

Okay it seems to be downloading or what ever now... i didn't want to delete anything unless i was sure... knowing me i'd break something :rolleyes:

^... you were right. I didn't dare delete it initially as well. :) That instruction really challenges the guts of every new user..hahahaha

@ Frosties

My friend and i was playing ACE2 for a couple of hours this evening. However there are a few things that i dont know is cause ACE2 is Beta or the game is buggy...

1) Sometimes the A.I enemy lays "in the ground" behind a hill and shoot even though they shouldnt be able to see us?

2) Enemy can see us through forrest and bushes from faaaar away...

3) I was laying in the grass with a TAC-50 SD, shot an enemy and got lit up like a christmas tree and got killed instantly from 650 meters away.

When i later walked TALL shooting full auto against the enemy nobody noticed!

Whats wrong with this picture?

Any mods or something you can suggest to fix these kind of things?

Thats true even without ACE, the super_AI is really ruining the gameplay:(:(

---------- Post added at 07:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 AM ----------

hi, i have tried the sixupdater method thrice already..its not working :(:(

The dos window appeared after i clicked on execute and the it stayed idle for hours..the last line on the dos line is

" Trying rsync://arma2.armagoons.com/rel/ace. "

and on the other dos window it says

"Permission Denied - Production.log "

It stayed like zat for hours...can any1 help me please...

Compiled this list of ACEX Weapons/Magazines (new and edited stuff) from Manzilla's list. It might be incomplete, and it doesn't include mines/HUNTIR, those are in ACE2. I can also probably format it better but I gotta sleep...

http://www.filefront.com/15092753/ace%20classnames.txt

One more question, is there a way to turn off whatever changes ACE2 made to helicopters? Only it really messes with AI pilots.

It would have been a MUCH MUCH better idea in my opinion to use a SVN then this rsync thing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subversion_%28software%29

SVN becomes VERY resource-demanding in longer, bigger projects. ACE2 currently uses Git because of that, which however is quite a lot trickier to set up. I definitely prefer the rSync downloader to fiddling with Git ^^

My game works perfectly now, except for the updater but I´m sure that´s going to change soon. I´ve very pleased with the overall quality of the mod. Even if realism in the main thing of the mod, it´s also very fun to play with. You guys made a fantastic mod! I hope you keep up this high level of modding so we can all enjoy ArmA II the way it´s meant to be player.

regards, Quintus

My game works perfectly now, except for the updater but I´m sure that´s going to change soon. I´ve very pleased with the overall quality of the mod. Even if realism in the main thing of the mod, it´s also very fun to play with. You guys made a fantastic mod! I hope you keep up this high level of modding so we can all enjoy ArmA II the way it´s meant to be player.

regards, Quintus

Actually "fun realism" is the goal with ACE2, and seeing your compliment it seems like they hit spot on :D

If anyone else here is a computer illiterate dummy like myself and wants to know how I got ACE 2 to run then allow me to explain my method.

Download the @ACE zip file from Armaholic, extract all the contents into a folder and name the folder @ACE.

Download the @ACEX zip file from Armaholic, extract all the contents into a folder and name the folder @ACEX.

OK now open your new @ACE folder and inside it you will find a folder called 'addons'. Copy all the files from inside this folder into another folder called 'addons' that is already inside your new @ACEX folder.

Now create another folder inside your main ArmA2 userconfig folder called 'ace'. It should look like this-

'C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\userconfig\ace'

Ok now go back into your @ACE folder that you created earlier and inside it is a folder called userconfig, copy all the files from inside this folder into your new 'C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\userconfig\ace' folder.

Now move both your @ACE folder and @ACEX folder into your main 'C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2' directory.

Now all you need to do is make sure that when you right-click your ArmA 2 desktop shortcut and select 'properties' the text inside your Target box says "C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -nosplash -mod=@CBA;beta@ACE;@ACEX

I know this isn't the most efficient method of getting ACE 2 to run but it worked for me and hopefully it might also help somebody else that is desperate to try out this marvelous new mod.

What am I doing wrong to get this error, im using a shortcut with

Shortcut:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -window -maxmem=2047 -cpuCount=3 -mod=@ACE2;@ACEX;@CBA

Error:

ErrorMessage: Include file userconfig\ace\ace_clientside_config.hpp not found.

Outstanding work guys!

Ace2 is out since 2 days and i already had one of my best gaming experiences ever.

(i play this game since ofp, arma, now arma2)

Ace in combination with Tacticalgamers is really nice :)

suggestions:

- spreading fire

- include particle explosions

- let engines be on fire if seriously hit at engine

-> ACE2 :yay:

Edited by KrAziKilla

for the 124th time, open the ACE folder pick the 4 hpp files that are in the userconfig folder, go to the arma2 directory, open the userconfig folder, create a "ace" folder and paste the 4 files into it.

What am I doing wrong to get this error, im using a shortcut with

Shortcut:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -window -maxmem=2047 -cpuCount=3 -mod=@ACE2;@ACEX;@CBA

Error:

ErrorMessage: Include file userconfig\ace\ace_clientside_config.hpp not found.

As easy the error message says :)

If the file listed in the error message doesn't exist (directory path: \ArmA 2\userconfig\ace\ ) then you have to copy and paste the content of the @ACE\userconfig folder, and put the files in \ArmA 2\userconfig\ace\. If you don't have such a folder to put the files in, create it.

Compiled this list of ACEX Weapons/Magazines (new and edited stuff) from Manzilla's list. It might be incomplete, and it doesn't include mines/HUNTIR, those are in ACE2. I can also probably format it better but I gotta sleep...

http://www.filefront.com/15092753/ace%20classnames.txt

One more question, is there a way to turn off whatever changes ACE2 made to helicopters? Only it really messes with AI pilots.

Thanks for the classnames Hamm, will save me many hours!

One question I have, using fnc_spawnvehicle, "ACE_M1A1HC" as listed on the BIKI, doesn't work, the rest of the classnames including the M1A1 Desert Variant work fine.

As easy the error message says :)

If the file listed in the error message doesn't exist (directory path: \ArmA 2\userconfig\ace\ ) then you have to copy and paste the content of the @ACE\userconfig folder, and put the files in \ArmA 2\userconfig\ace\. If you don't have such a folder to put the files in, create it.

Thank you for your constructive answer, works now :D

Morning :p I'll take the fact that we've only added about 8 pages since last night, things are working out a little better for most...

Though maybe im too optimistic ;D

@ All automation requests:

running from the six-updater folder:

tools\ruby\bin\ruby.exe -rubygems six-updater.rb

Will launch just the updater tool. With --help you can check for all the options.

Otherwise, the launcher allows you to enter your favorite action as parameter to the shortcut.

Let's say:

C:\Program Files\Six-Updater\tools\ruby\bin\ruby.exe -rubygems six-launcher.rb 21

Would start the launcher's shortcut 21.

quick note on Six Updater. When I start the program in Win 7 the programs kicks off a process called Logitech LVPrcSrv module and it kicks my cpu usage to 100%. Dont know what this is doing but my system grinds to a halt.

Known problem with Logitech Webcam software. Please close the webcam process during updating, I will add it to faq section, and try to find solutions.

(Updating the cam-soft might help)

Yeh it's a pro little tool, like ArmA2's own Steam client.

One suggestion: allow a command line param that automatically starts option 2 and closes when finished, that way we can have one click updating, or perhaps even completely automate the process using task scheduler. :)

Sickboy, please accept my humble apologies.

I was one of those really negative about the updater but now that i have sorted it out, its working BEAUTIFULLY! I mean, all I need is a few seconds to open up and start the thing and its updating so many of my mods all at once daily! there is no need to check forums daily for updates at all! nice!

I appreciate it very much! I know it can look a little frightening at first, and the web-client IS a horror, i'll admit, but setup once, never look back :P

In the meantime I have time to regroup and improve ;)

Edited by Sickboy