Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta!

you guys realise the response to ACE2 is way way way higher than ACE1 back then? :) (ok, sorry, irrelevant)

Can't figure out this updater. When I try to use the updater, it says " = ACE WARNING: Folder already exists, but does not seem to be a repository. Not Installing." Then same thing for ACEX.

I watched the videos, read the instructions etc, and can't find where I might have zigged when I should have zagged...

Hey had this problem aswell then i noticed was only getting it with @ACE and @ACEX zips and not cba or the islands ive added so what i did was delete mod folders and ace userconfig take the @ACE and @ACEX zips out of six updater folder unpacked them then put the contents back into slx updater folder.

Then started the six updater again by pressing 2 and WHAM every thing getting installed by rsync just waiting it for it to finish acex awesome mod awesome updater tool :)

quick note on Six Updater. When I start the program in Win 7 the programs kicks off a process called Logitech LVPrcSrv module and it kicks my cpu usage to 100%. Dont know what this is doing but my system grinds to a halt.

I'd check any logitech related devices or software running to see if there's any link to that and your Six Updater error.

EDIT: er, not error, but issue in general.

Sickboy, please accept my humble apologies.

I was one of those really negative about the updater but now that i have sorted it out, its working BEAUTIFULLY! I mean, all I need is a few seconds to open up and start the thing and its updating so many of my mods all at once daily! there is no need to check forums daily for updates at all! nice!

Class names for only units/vehicles: (Once again)

http://www.filefront.com/15092031/ACE%20Class%20Names.txt

thanks! But there seems to be many more weapons for example the automatic grenade launcher...

is there a complete list of all weapons and ammo?

dude i just posted this and then saw you last post

Edited by Meatball0311

I hope it helps. It's a bit of a pain to get all the class names but the file is laid out just like the crates. It's the crate config I believe. ;)

I mean, all I need is a few seconds to open up and start the thing and its updating so many of my mods all at once daily!

Yeh it's a pro little tool, like ArmA2's own Steam client.

One suggestion: allow a command line param that automatically starts option 2 and closes when finished, that way we can have one click updating, or perhaps even completely automate the process using task scheduler. :)

Is there a way to disable the version mismatch BEEP every 5secs?? Im up to date, the server isnt.

Yeh it's a pro little tool, like ArmA2's own Steam client.

One suggestion: allow a command line param that automatically starts option 2 and closes when finished, that way we can have one click updating, or perhaps even completely automate the process using task scheduler. :)

Great suggestion! :) One click solution! i am sure Sickboy will work towards refining the system even more. So much is happening now I am sure the team doesn't have time for window dressing yet.

I asked for this before, but again, how do I obtain a list of all the ACE2/ACEX units/weapons/ammo classnames? Someone said it's in the documentation but that's not very clear.

another question

How do i turn on the flashlights on AI

also how can I get gaskmask on AI

thanks

It was literally 7 posts ago, here.

That's better than nothing, but why isn't there just a simple list with all the weapon names? I want to put specific M4 variants in a mission and I don't want crates..

^... these questions keep getting repeated and answered and repeated and answered... no wonder the thread is so long in just 2 days. :)

flashlight: L button on rifles with flashlights

Gasmask: you need to tweak the config file with your character profile before you can do that. Search previous posts.

er.... is there some mistakes with the key binding wiki? Tot flashlight is just L and grenade sight is Shift-V?

I can't join any online servers, it says something about content, and ACEX files n etc...I took off @ACEX, and it still does it, thanks for the help!

That's better than nothing, but why isn't there just a simple list with all the weapon names? I want to put specific M4 variants in a mission and I don't want crates..

Cause I'm way too lazy to compile the weapons/ammo list. I tried but it took forever. I just posted that way cause it's the only way I know how. If you want to make the list feel free, it's a bitch. I gave up after an hour. Between answering questions via PM, in this thread and trying to play, I'm running outta A2 time.

Maybe when I get back from Arizona I will, but that's in a month. Someone will do it some time soon.

The class names are in that file by the way. In the BIKI I put the actual class names in bold so you can find them in the file.

---------- Post added at 10:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

er.... is there some mistakes with the key binding wiki? Tot flashlight is just L and grenade sight is Shift-V?

Yes it is. Not sure why it hasn't been fixed.

EDIT:

Fixed it. Let me know if it's wrong.

Edited by Manzilla

no guys you misunderstood my question

I do not want the flashlight for the player

I want the AI in my team to use them and the gaskmask without having to

switch to them activate them then switch back

I want to make a mission with soldiers on guard with flashlights on

Edited by ricmaughn

:(

WARNING: Something went wrong starting the app: C:\Program Files\Six-Updater\tools\ruby\bin\ruby.exe