Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta!

...So practically it is 2 updates for the server although it seems to be related to a bug/issue about mirrors/checkprocedure or updating.

:(

1 Update (2 modfolders), but indeed due to bugs, when a mirror was not reachable due to connection limit, it would tell you no updates found.

Sorry.

Edited by Sickboy

I imagine since the distribution protocol is rsync that the ACE team could publish a master copy and the other distribution servers could just run automated rsync pulls or pushes to update their copy for the clients... Very little leg work for any of the rsync server managers.

I imagine since the distribution protocol is rsync that the ACE team could publish a master copy and the other distribution servers could just run automated rsync pulls or pushes to update their copy for the clients... Very little leg work for any of the rsync server managers.

Atm the distribution network is fairly closed, either running my VirtualMachine or configured on the linux host.

When I build updates, I push to the master mirror, and my ruby script will kick in and push through to the other mirrors over rSync.

Certainly will look into supporting pull officially.

It's actually all working out even better than I had dreamed of :)

Our server actually has OpenSSH and Rsync services running and offered up to the six-updater mirror list that's not the issue it's as Crawler says,

"the problem with updating daily is -> not all servers managed 24/7 as updating requires a procedure of stopping the server and running the updater."

At least with the ArmA2 beta's they are backwards compatible to 1.04

Edited by [KH]Jman

Jman;1509760']Our server actually has OpenSSH and Rsync services running and offered up to the six-updater mirror list that's not the issue it's as Crawler says' date='

[i']"the problem with updating daily is -> not all servers managed 24/7 as updating requires a procedure of stopping the server and running the updater."[/i]

Apart from that this can be fully automated, scheduled, with the use of my console apps,

or even with the web-client on public interface; access from your home PC with webrowser, with username/password, giving you remote: kill of arma server, "install or update, and start game" action (and all the others too:P), redirect logoutput to ajax log feed in browser, fetch logs, rpt, etc. etc.

All features that are already available to you today :)

I already deploy it for my own arma servers, and for servers I host for others :)

Still I can certainly see your point, and as mentioned we will be looking into things soon :)

Edited by Sickboy

Kellys YAS updated to ACE b.183

Edited by [KH]Jman

If you have to release 3 youtube vids of how your installer (not even the product itself!) works, then I'm sorry, but you're doing it wrong ;)

I develop Software myself, and I know how an idea can grow into something you love, which makes sense and everything, but in the end you lost your users.

Guys, seriously, you start a server which people access with their webbrowsers to manage your mod?! Are you kidding me? :eek:

I'm actually sitting here laughing, it's that bad.

I love the idea of the whole mod manager idea, ease of update etc, but holy shit, please start again from scratch. With the reputation of the ACE mod this thing has the chance to become the de facto standard way of mod distribution, please don't force _this_ down the communities throat.

I'd love to discuss some ideas with those in charge of the updater now, if you're interested drop me a line.

KKB

If you have to release 3 youtube vids of how your installer (not even the product itself!) works, then I'm sorry, but you're doing it wrong ;)

I develop Software myself, and I know how an idea can grow into something you love, which makes sense and everything, but in the end you lost your users.

Guys, seriously, you start a server which people access with their webbrowsers to manage your mod?! Are you kidding me? :eek:

I'm actually sitting here laughing, it's that bad.

I love the idea of the whole mod manager idea, ease of update etc, but holy shit, please start again from scratch. With the reputation of the ACE mod this thing has the chance to become the de facto standard way of mod distribution, please don't force _this_ down the communities throat.

I'd love to discuss some ideas with those in charge of the updater now, if you're interested drop me a line.

KKB

Anyone can distribute the mod however he wants. Anyway, Does seeing the big picture here change your mind?

If not, then we disagree. Especially given the "under development" status of everything.

http://dev-heaven.net/news/show/237

Apart from that this can be fully automated, scheduled, with the use of my console apps,

or even with the web-client on public interface; access from your home PC with webrowser, with username/password, giving you remote: kill of arma server, "install or update, and start game" action (and all the others too:P), redirect logoutput to ajax log feed in browser, fetch logs, rpt, etc. etc.

All features that are already available to you today

I already deploy it for my own arma servers, and for servers I host for others :)

Still I can certainly see your point, and as mentioned we will be looking into things soon :)

Anyway, don't use the web-client if it despises you :) http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/ace-mod2/Lazy

Edited by Sickboy

All features that are already available to you today :)

I already deploy it for my own arma servers, and for customers :)

Yes, yes I don't need a lesson on all that I've been administering server's for 15 years. All I am asking for is for some kind of advance warning of updates or at least a daily release time so someone qualified in KH can grab the new server files and update the server etc etc.

Respect.

I just have a question... Maybe it's a bit unusually, forgive me my lack of knowledge, I installed the updater, then I follow the steps on the video, everything went fine, but am I suppose to do anything more? Do I have to put the following files; "@ACE.7z"; "@ACEX.7z"; "CBA_v0-2-0.7z" in some place? And what about adding some lines? By the way, I'm using STEAM version.

Best regards and thank you for the help.

For anyone who just wants to DL the ACE2 mod folders, unpacked ready to use, here's a link. Mind you it's 109mb and you wont get any updates from me(it's the most recent beta) but at least you can try it. And you need to DL @CBA from DH.

http://www.filefront.com/15091045/ACE.rar/

Just place the @ACE folder in your main A2 directory and then take the "userconfig-Place in main ArmA 2 folder" from the @ACE folder and place this in the main A2 folder.(Make sure you change the name to userconfig after you move it). Now add @ACE to the target line of the A2 "beta" shortcut.

Again, you also need CBA to play.

This is only ACE2, not ACEX. Thus far I haven't uploaded it or archived it. It's 1GB, not sure I will upload it.

Edited by Manzilla

this setVariable["NUKES", 1]; this setVariable["NoHangar", true];

I think it's "true", not one "1" for the No Hanger part. Try that. FOr nukes make sure it's a US plane, park it right next to the trailer, hop out and walk up to it and select "Change loadout" from action menu.

I hope this helps.

Thanks, all working now :) I wish those nukes had a little more blast radius though, seems like a lot of show for what it does.

For anyone who just wants to DL the ACE2 mod folders, unpacked ready to use, here's a link. Mind you it's 109mb and you wont get any updates from me(it's the most recent beta) but at least you can try it. And you need to DL @CBA from DH.

http://www.filefront.com/15091045/ACE.rar/

Just place the @ACE folder in your main A2 directory and then take the "userconfig-Place in main ArmA 2 folder" from the @ACE folder and place this in the main A2 folder.(Make sure you change the name to userconfig after you move it). Now add @ACE to the target line of the A2 "beta" shortcut.

Again, you also need CBA to play.

So, I do all that but put the CBA folder in the main A2 folder?

EDIT: I just unziped all the files for my STEAM A2 main folder, and I only see there @CBA... This is how it's done? Also I don't see any A2 beta shortcut... :(

Edited by Focha

So, I do all that but put the CBA folder in the main A2 folder?

Yes, then add @CBA to the target line too. DL CBA, there's a readme for it's installation.

Since A lot of people are having a hard time to install it , I released an installer for the 7th cavalry. T ought I would share it here

http://www.filedump.ca/mod/aces_Modpack_1.2.exe

I know that version is not 1.2 error on my part

everything is installed automatically a shortcut will be created also an uninstaller will be created enjoy.

The current installation process is a bit hard for non geek personal I hope it get easier at the real release.

Edited by thebonecollector

installed,and uptaded via one click today.eveything works fine.tehen read the changed pbo names forum six-uptader secreen packed them and its an only 20 mb zipped file and override server files everything works fine...

i tried checking on wiki but not finding it... is there a way to pack the rucks with more ammo, etc?

when i use ace2 mod, i have no soldiervoices.

anyone else got that problem with ace?

go to arma2 userconfig folder ACE ace_clientside config read options there

ARMA2ROOTDIR/userconfig/ACE/ace_clientside_config.hpp

/*//////////////////////////////////////////////

CONFIG SETTING FOR : ACE 2 MOD - NO VOICE, NO RADIO CHATTER

--------------------

FEATURES: Disables AI radio chatter as well as player radio chatter

---------

TO ENABLE: Remove the "//" in front of the #define to enable the NO VOICE, NO RADIO CHATTER feature. To disable, think vice versa.

----------

//////////////////////////////////////////////*/

// #define ACE_NOVOICE

you can activate the voices via client config (Arma 2\userconfig\ace)

edit: wow... four answers in one minute?! :D